How It Works
Get And Sign Blue Form Texas 2015-2018
Who Should File the Driver’s Crash Report?
The average driver in the U.S may become a participant in a traffic accident at some point in his/her life. And when a crash occurs, those participants should fill out the appropriate paperwork. The Driver’s Crash Report or the so-called “Texas blue form”, is a paper filed by the driver of a motor vehicle who has been involved in a traffic accident.
The individual needs this document in case the incident was not examined and documented by a police officer. If you damaged less than one thousand dollars worth of property, you are also responsible for submitting this blank to the Department of Transportation.
The sample should be filed within ten days after the traffic event. If the driver has been hurt in the crash and now is physically unable to complete the blue form, it may be completed by another individual. Make sure you specify why you are unable to fill out the template yourself.
When filling out the form, provide as much detailed information as possible. This helps to best clarify the situation for all those involved in the incident, insurance companies, and any legal entities.
How to Complete and Sign the Blue Form in a Few Easy Steps?
You may want to take notes in order to complete the form easier. To file the document electronically, use the template, available on the SignNow website.
Open the file and insert the following data:
- The county and the city closest to where the accident occurred. Also, indicate the road on which the traffic incident took place. Specify the nearest intersecting street, if any. Then, add the date, day of the week and time of the crash.
- Next, include details about your car, such as make, model and year. You will also want to provide personal information, such as your driver license number and insurance specifics. This will help you get compensation from your insurance company.
- If the crash involved multiple vehicles, make sure you include information on all vehicles. Also, add if any property was damaged.
- Specify who was injured. Indicate their names, addresses and injury details.
- You will want to explain your side of the story. Describe your thoughts, feelings, and actions right before and during the unpleasant event.
Save a copy of the report for your records and send it to the Department of Transportation.