Approve, deliver and sign documents on any device anywhere
e-signatures in action
Get enterprise features for less
How to Sign a PDF
How to Sign a PDF
How to Sign a PDF Online
signNow is a powerful solution that allows you to create an electronic signature from any place in the world. It only takes a few clicks and doesn't require using additional software to sign documents. Among the many other editors, signNow is sufficiently straightforward and reliable, so you don't have to worry about your level of experience or the security of your and intellectual property when you upload to the service. Read more
- 1. Upload a document from your device and click its name to begin signing.
- 2. Select the 'My Signature' tool.
- 3. Choose a method for creating your unique signature: typing, drawing or uploading.
- 4. Check the placement of your signature, then click OK and Done.
Once you've signed your document, use the More button to download or send it via email. signNow expands your capabilities for even more difficult tasks. Check its other useful features to enhance your document management for personal or business use: Invite to Sign, Create Signing Link, Make Template, Merge Documents, Add Fields, and many others. Moreover, when using this service for signing contracts, you can install the mobile application to never miss a notification. Show less
How to Sign a PDF Using Google Chrome
How to Sign a PDF Using Google Chrome
Google Chrome's speed and ability to add useful extensions has made it the go-to solution for millions of users around the world. You can find thousands of add-ons in the Web Store that are designed to improve your efficiency and transform your average internet browser into a multifunctional program with loads of additional tools. Read more
- 1. Go to the Chrome Web Store and type 'signNow' in the search field.
- 2. Click the Add to Chrome button.
- 3. Sign in your signNow account.
- 4. When you see a link to a file that you need to sign, right click it and choose the 'Open in signNow' option.
- 5. Use the 'My Signature' tool to create an autograph.
- 6. Place your signature and click Done.
- 7. When finished, simply choose how you want to export your signed document.
Once installed, it will never ask you to download it again. This convenient e-signature extension is always by your side and you will never have to look for another e-signature tool online. Sign and send any document in PDF or .docx format with absolute ease in a few clicks. You can also try other useful features that may help you to improve document management: adding multiple signers, generating templates, mergingPDFs, and more. Show less
How to Sign a PDF in Gmail
How to Sign a PDF in Gmail
Millions of people around the world use Gmail — one of the most popular and reliable email platforms. Billions of emails are sent every day and anyone can use gmail for sending and receiving documents in PDF or DOCX formats. You can also easily create an e-signature on any received file directly from your inbox. Read more
- 1. Install the signNow extension from the Chrome Web Store and sign in to your account.
- 2. Open an email that contains documents in attachments from the inbox.
- 3. In the signNow sidebar, click 'Sign'.
- 4. Create an electronic signature in the window that opens next.
- 5. Hit 'Done' to finish preparing the sample, signNow will create a draft email. You can find the attached file inside.
Signing documents using this method is convenient for anyone using Gmail and GSuite for personal or business needs. Certify forms, agreements, statements — whatever you need without leaving the mail service. Without the signNow extension, you would have to download the file and edit it using additional software or different online solutions. Now, everything is done electronically.
If you sign and send many emails on a daily or weekly basis, consider using the more advanced features available in the main service window. They've been designed to improve your efficiency and make document management faster and easier. Show less
How to Sign a PDF in Mobile Browser
How to Sign a PDF on Phone
Sometimes, the only option for signing a document is using an online solution. But what if you're away from your PC and all you have is your phone? You don't have any pre-installed programs or other specialized software. This doesn't mean that you can't create an e-signature, so forget about searching for the nearest computer. Read more
- 1. Open the signNow website in your browser and log in. You can sign up or use your Google or Facebook accounts to register.
- 2. Upload your document. You can take a photo of it or browse for it on your device.
- 3. Click on the name of the document to open it. Choose the page you intend to e-sign from the thumbnails on the right.
- 4. Select the 'My Signature' tool and tap where you need to sign.
- 5. Create your e-signature and tap the 'Add' button. Adjust the position if needed, then select OK. When everything is complete, click 'Done'.
- 6. Find the signed document on your dashboard. Tap 'More' and choose how you want to export the file: download or send it via email.
This is an easy way to sign a PDF using your phone. Use the signNow website to create your e-signature while on-the-go. The only thing you need is a stable internet connection. signNow functionality is optimized for mobile and desktop devices. Be sure to explore our range of additional features that you can use to save time and money on your daily working routines. Show less
How to Sign a PDF on iPhone
How to Sign a PDF on iPhone
Signing documents on iOS devices is now a simple task. Install the signNow application from the AppStore and start to sign any PDF on iPhone while on-the-go. Follow these simple to equip your gadget with e-signing functionality Read more
- 1. Go to the AppStore, find signNow and install it.
- 2. Open the application and Sign up. You can create a new account or use your Facebook/Google profiles to log in.
- 3. Upload a document using the Plus icon. You can browse for it in your files, gallery, use the cloud service or capture with a camera.
- 4. Click the area where you want to place an e-signature and choose your signing method: Insert Signature or Insert Initials.
- 5. Tap another Plus icon in the window and draw what you need. Place your e-signature where you need it and use the 'Save' button. Rename the document if required.
- 6. When your PDF is ready, click on the file and choose how you want to export it.
The signNow application allows you to sign a PDF on iPhone with ease. Moreover, it will enable access to all the features available in the full web version. Use templates, find old documents in your archive and work in teams. Powerful uploading capabilities help you create professional-looking files effortlessly and quickly.
Try using it for business and it may become one of the most important applications on your iPhone or iPad. All you need is an internet connection to e-sign and send documents to any recipient around the globe. Show less
How to Sign a PDF on Android
How to Sign a PDF on Android
Android users looking to manage documents from their phones have many options available to them. Installing additional software is not a problem. Every user has a Google account that allows them to add any app in seconds. When it comes to signing documents, now you can simply open the Play Market, type 'signNow' in the search field and install it. After a few seconds you'll be able to instantly e-sign a PDF on Android: Read more
- 1. Open the app, create a new account or log in using your Facebook and Google profiles.
- 2. Click on the Plus icon to add a document. You can upload it from your camera, SD card, device, cloud storage or a single file.
- 3. When your file has opened, tap where you need to place your e-signature. You can use either a unique signature or your initials. Select one of these methods and then draw it in the special menu.
- 4. Once you've confirmed the placement of your e-signature, tap on the Tick icon in the top-right corner and select 'Save'.
- 5. Now you can download the PDF or send a copy via email.
You only need to complete five simple steps to sign a PDF on Android. Consider using signNow to manage your entire document workflow. You can save templates with various fillable fields and use them at any time. Moreover, if your colleges or partners utilize this useful application, they'll also be able to send documents for signing in a few clicks. Show less
Electronic Signature FAQs
Here is a list of the most common customer questions. If you can’t find an answer to your question, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
What is an electronic signature?An eSignature is a handwritten autograph of a person made with the help of appropriate software from various devices: desktops, tablets or smartphones. They're used to confirm the integrity and authenticity of a signed document in its electronic form. E-signatures are advantageous features for certifying documents online with a single click. And they help companies to conclude transactions, manage relevant records quickly and significantly save time and reduce expenses. Check it out, and keep up the great work!
Is a digital signature the same as an electronic signature?In general, a digital signature is a reliable way to implement an electronic signature when the signatory is verified by obtaining a certificate of authentication based on Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) protocol from a government-authorized Certifying Authority (CA). In the case of esignatures, the authenticity of the signer is not required to be certified.
Are signNow's electronic signatures legally binding?Be sure that they are totally legally-valid and can even serve as evidence during disputes and in court. Certifying papers electronically was first legally seen as the equivalent of a written by hand signature in the U.S. eSignature Act of 2000 (U.S. Federal Act) and the Uniform Electronic Transaction Act (UETA). Additionally, corresponding laws in many other countries have followed this example. signNow works according to these laws and is considered to be a certified and trusted software provider.
Are signNow's electronic signatures secure?Our electronic signature service is secure for any kind of business, so you may rest assured that your information will be stored safely. Besides, your records are legally binding and comply with ESIGN authentication and protection requirements. We operate according to SOC 2 Type II certification. This means we guarantee compliance with industry standards for protection, continuity, availability, and system confidentiality. Feel free to review the details of our top grade IT security resources.
How is signNow different from other e-signature vendors?We’ve enhanced our signing benefits for any kind of device so that everyone can add a signature into PDF files anytime and anywhere. This can be done using a web browser or even while offline. Three main advantages drive us ahead — customization, durable integration, and compatibility. signNow is a powerful and flexible workspace for automating collaboration processes according to a user’s needs. Our uniform solution works with any device and operating system and can be easily integrated with a wide range of business apps — Google Drive, Oracle, Salesforce, Office 365, Egnyte, NetSuite, etc. Remember: effective digitalization of paperwork optimizes the workflow!
How do electronic signatures work with signNow?It’s even easier than you may expect. You just open the template and set the Signature Field in one click. Then, simply draw, type or upload an image of your customized autograph within seconds. Moreover, you can outline it directly onto a touchscreen if you are on a tablet or mobile device. You can do much more:
- Make your own templates of eSignature contracts and agreements or use ready-made forms from signNow's extensive library.
- Place signature fields wherever you want on the page.
- Send a record to sign to either single or multiple recipients at once.
- Establish a specific signing order for forms.
- Create and send a Signing Link or Customized invitation.
- Set the second layer of authentication or request additional files, etc.
How do recipients sign documents with signNow?Our streamlined e-signature software makes it extremely simple and convenient for any customer, partner or employee to sign and return documents in a few quick clicks. No registration is required. After someone receives a signing link or email invitation, they can e-sign the template in the quickest way possible: by typing, drawing or capturing the signature with their camera.
What document formats does signNow support for e-signatures?Our forward-thinking platform works with the most widespread and frequently used formats like PDF(.pdf) and Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx). PDF is known as the most reliable format for transmitting and storing information. The application allows users to make PDF files editable, easily sign PDFs, and safely store them for future use.
Can signnow's electronic signatures be used on mobile devices?You’re able to not only sign papers electronically but also to collect esignatures from your mobile device. Moreover, you can work even when you are not connected to the Internet. With our web-browser solution, you can work with documents from any device. And when you're offline, you can continue the process due to specially designed mobile applications for both IOS and Android. Feel free to use it even during air travel!
How does signNow charge users?If you need to sign a couple of legal contracts per month, use signNow for free. If you want a steady solution for small and medium organizations, our business and premium payment plans are smartly designed for you. If you need a large-scale deployment for multiple users in multiple departments or companies, contact us, and we will customize a solution specifically for your needs. We are flexible and this is reflected in the cost of packages that will satisfy any specific requirements you may have. Register for a free trial first and check the pricing to choose the best variant for you!