The legally-binding electronic signature you were looking for
- Quick to start
- 24/7 support
Join Fortune 500 companies speeding up their workflows with signNow
Benefit from signNow’s electronic signature
How to create an electronic signature
signNow solution for electronic signatures
Keep your electronic signatures secure
Transform files into fillable forms
Receive instant payments and attachments
Implement electronic signatures into your services
Why choose electronic signature by signNow
- Free 7-day trial. Make sure our electronic signature solution meets all of your needs risk-free.
- Honest pricing. signNow has no hidden fees, so you always know how much you’re paying.
- Enterprise-grade security. All your electronic signatures comply with global security standards.
Your complete guide on how to create an electronic signature
How to create an electronic signature online:
- 1. Log in to signNow or create an account if you don’t have one yet.
- 2. Upload a document to the system by clicking Upload or Create.
- 3. Select the My Signature tool.
- 4. Click where you want to sign.
- 5. Create an electronic signature by drawing, typing, or uploading one.
- 6. Adjust its size and position. Click OK.
- 7. Select Save and Close to apply changes.
- 8. Click More ➟ Download to save the document as a PDF.
signNow enables you to create electronic signatures quickly on any internet-connected device without installing additional software.
How it works
Rate us now!
What our customers say about our electronic signature
How to create an electronic signature
Creating an electronic signature doesn’t have to be complicated. When you have the right solution on hand, you have to take just a few simple steps to complete your document.
signNow provides you with all the necessary tools to create an electronic signature and more, so create your account on the signNow’s registration page and follow the guide below:
Step 1. Upload a document.
Click Upload or Create and choose the file on your device to import it into the system.
Step 2. Enhance your file.
Use the options from the upper part of the left toolbar to add fillable fields, dropdowns, and checkboxes, or insert new text and checkmarks from the options at the bottom of the toolbar.
Step 3. Create an electronic signature.
Select the My Signature tool. Click on the document where you want to insert the eSignature. Then draw, type, or upload your unique signature, adjust its place and size, and click OK.
Step 4. Export a document with an electronic signature.
Click Save and Close to return to the Documents tab and apply file changes. Click More ➟ Download to store it on your device. You can also select Invite to Sign to add an email and request an electronic signature from an individual.
There is no simpler way to create an electronic signature than using signNow and its robust editor.
Get legally-binding signatures now!
- Best ROI. Our customers achieve an average 7x ROI within the first six months.
- Scales with your use cases. From SMBs to mid-market, signNow delivers results for businesses of all sizes.
- Intuitive UI and API. Sign and send documents from your apps in minutes.
What is an electronic signature? Explore signNow and find out
If you randomly select a solution to create an eSignature, you run the risk of submitting a signature that is not legally binding. If you want to accelerate your work with documents and eSign records securely, it’s best to choose the platform carefully. Use the list below to see what makes an electronic signature legally binding:
- Consent to do business electronically. Your solution should ask signers to agree to recognize electronic signatures made with this service as equally valid as handwritten wet-ink signatures.
- Intent to sign. A signer’s intent must be clearly shown. Signers must draw an eSignature or type a name and confirm signing.
- Providing signed copies. All signers must receive completed copies of signed documents. In most cases, the solution will automatically send signed records (especially if it’s a professional solution).
- Authenticated signers. All parties should be able to check if a real person is behind each signature.
Pay attention to these aspects and be confident that you are signing your documents securely and avoiding any possible issues.
Are you wondering where you can find a simple solution with all these options available? Check out signNow. This professional service allows you to collect and create eSignatures accepted by official institutions and courts. If required, you can add additional security levels and be confident about the safety of your electronic signature.
FAQs about electronic signature
How do you create an electronic signature?Among numerous tips on how to create an electronic signature, the easiest way is by using signNow. With this professional solution, you only need to take these three simple steps: Upload a file, eSign, and export your document. Take a look at the detailed instructions above or register for a signNow account and try to create an electronic signature on your own. signNow’s user-friendly interface will guide you through all the required steps in just a minute.
What is an electronic signature?An electronic signature is a legally valid way to indicate approval or consent on a digital form or document. In other words, it’s a symbol, sound, or process used for signing. To confirm the validity of your electronic signature, consider checking the laws in country jurisdiction. If you’re in the United States, please refer to the ESIGN Act, and if in Europe, please refer to the eIDAS Regulation.
How do I make an electronic signature?An eSignature can be easily created by using specialized solutions. Consider avoiding suspicious platforms that offer you simple ways on how to make an electronic signature without requiring any registration. Such services don’t provide information about signers, so most official institutions have the right to recognize these documents as invalid. To avoid legal issues, use signNow. Its electronic signature is valid in the United States and Europe.
How do you add an electronic signature to a PDF?Adding an electronic signature to a PDF can be a simple task if you have a signNow account. With all its professional tools, our platform doesn’t require you to have special skills to deal with eSigning. You just need to upload your document, add your electronic signature using the appropriate option, and export the file to your device, cloud, or email.
How do I create an electronic signature?signNow assists you in creating an eSignature. Use the My Signature tool to access one of the available eSigning methods:
- Drawing. Draw your unique signature using a trackpad, screen, or mouse.
- Typing. Enter your name in the specialized field and choose your preferred font style.
- Uploading. Upload a photo of your signature to the system for electronic use.
How can I create an electronic signature in Word?Microsoft Word enables you to sign a file only by using digital signatures, which are shrinking in popularity more and more each year. Of course, you can insert a photo of your autograph into a document, but its validity will be questionable. The best way to create an electronic signature in Word is through signNow. Our service will automatically convert a DOC or a DOCX to a PDF, and from there, you’ll be able to use the My Signature tool in signNow to eSign the file in just a minute.
How do I electronically sign a document?When you have a tool as powerful as signNow, only a few steps are required for you to eSign files. Follow these instructions on how to electronically sign a document online:
- 1. Log in to your signNow account.
- 2. Click Upload or Create to import a file.
- 3. Use the My Signature tool to sign the form.
- 4. Click Save and Close.
- 5. Select More ➟ Download to save the file.
Are electronic signatures and digital signatures the same?No, they’re different. Digital signatures require you to have a pair of secret and public keys generated by Certified Authorities. Electronic signatures don’t require you to have any keys. All you need to have is an account on signNow and you’ll be able to create electronic signatures from any device and any location that are valid.
How can I use an electronic signature?You can use it for most of your document needs: eSign contracts, agreements, tax forms, or any other record that requires your signature. There are some exceptions, for instance when you need to sign a document in front of a notary. These situations are less common.
How do I request an eSignature?If you need to share a legally-binding agreement, make use of signNow in the following way:
- 1. Log in to your signNow account.
- 2. Upload a file to the system.
- 3. Insert a Signature field.
- 4. Click Invite to Sign and indicate the recipient’s email.
- 5. Wait for your document to be signed.
Electronic signature generator
How to create an electronic signature online
After choosing eSignature when debating between digital signature vs. electronic signature, the next step is to choose the proper solution for eSigning. You can find plenty of advantages and disadvantages to using installable and non-installable (online) signature solutions. Let’s look at how to deal with eSignatures using an online signature solution and then compare it to installable programs.
Learn how to create an electronic signature with signNow:
- 01.Create an account on the signNow website.
- 02.Select Upload or Create to transfer a needed file to the tool.
- 03.Add more text or insert fillable fields to your document.
- 04.Use the My Signature tool to eSign your record.
- 05.Click Save and Close.
- 06.Select Invite to Sign to request signatures from other people.
- 07.Click More ➟ Download to save the file to your device.
Now, you have your document eSigned. You also can email a copy to another person or set up automatic export to your preferred cloud storage service.
If you decide to use a specialized installable program, you’ll take the same steps to create an eSignature. On one hand, you don’t need to connect to the internet (and that’s important), but, on the other hand, you can’t take advantage of multiple online features like the ability to set up automatic document export to the cloud, email it right from the service, or request payments and attachments. Furthermore, you’ll have to regularly update your software, keep in mind hardware requirements, and erase data from your storage more often because installed programs take up a significant amount of space.
If you want to stay mobile and create electronic signatures in PDFs from any device worldwide, register for your signNow account now!
How to create an electronic signature in Gmail
Gmail is one of the most important and widely used tools for doing business. It provides you with the ability to securely communicate and share documents with customers. However, there are no specialized tools for document management with Gmail, and you have to download files to be able to edit and sign them. It seems to be a quick and straightforward procedure, but if you do it day after day, it can be quite time-consuming and inefficient. signNow can help.
One simple add-on for Google Chrome can help you to transfer received PDF, JPEG, and Word documents to the professional electronic signature solution. Follow the guidelines below to learn how to create an electronic signature in Gmail:
- 01.Click the + icon on the right sidebar of your inbox.
- 02.Find signNow and install it.
- 03.Click the signNow icon on the sidebar and log in to your account.
- 04.Open an email with the attachments that require your eSignature.
- 05.Select the file in the signNow toolbar.
- 06.Click Upload.
- 07.eSign the record.
- 08.Apply changes by clicking Save and Close.
- 09. Export your document.
This simple optimization can save you hours per month. By adding an online signature without the need to download and upload files, you can easily increase your productivity. Try it out now!
How to create an electronic signature in Google Chrome
Google Chrome is one of the fastest and the most convenient web browsers out there. However, its speed and interface aren’t the only advantages of this program. Google Chrome supports installing useful extensions for improving your work. These can look like tab counters, task management integrations, or electronic signature solutions.
When you install the signNow add-on, importing files found on the web takes just a few seconds. Follow the instructions below to create an electronic signature in Google Chrome:
- 01. Find our electronic signature for Chrome add-on in the Chrome Web Store.
- 02. Click Install.
- 03. Find the link to the file you need.
- 04. Right click on it.
- 05. Select Open in signNow.
- 06. Check the document and modify its content if required.
- 07. Place today’s date and eSign the record.
- 08.Click Save and Close.
- 09.Select More ➟ Download.
This add-on does more than just import your files from the web to our electronic signature service. How often do you analyze your downloaded files for viruses? Virtually everyone neglects this step and endangers their device and sensitive information. signNow checks all files imported to the system. If a document contains viruses or other malware, the uploading will be aborted, and you’ll get instantly notified about it.
Create eSignatures securely with signNow. Register now!
How to create an electronic signature on mobile
Despite the fact that smartphones have capacities similar to computers, their browsers still can’t handle all processes. As a result, most products have to develop specialized mobile applications to enable their users to utilize their platform on mobile. Few companies give their customers the option of using their services on both a browser and mobile app. signNow, with its robust electronic signature tools, is one of them.
With signNow, you can always access your documents or forms and eSign them with no effort, even while on the go. Follow the guidelines below to add an electronic signature to a PDF using a mobile browser:
- 01. Open the signNow website in a web browser and log in.
- 02. Transfer a file to the system by clicking Upload or Create.
- 03. Choose the page and click the Sheets icon to close the Thumbnails tab.
- 04. Select the My Signature tool and click on the document.
- 05. eSign the records in your preferred way.
- 06. Close the editor.
- 07. Tap More ➟ Download to save the signed form on your device.
This is a fast and straightforward solution for eSigning in the moment. If you prefer to use an app, and to make eSigning your document even more convenient, you can also install signNow’s specialized mobile applications to create electronic signatures for iOS and Android. They don’t require much space on your device but will significantly increase the speed of processing documents. So prepare yourself for adding online signatures — register an account now!
How to create an electronic signature on iPhone
Virtually any reputable service needs to have an application for one of the world’s most popular mobile operating systems: iOS. signNow, with its electronic signature app, is no exception. In addition to being able to eSign documents right in Safari or any other installed browser, you can download the specialized app to enjoy an enhanced and convenient user experience.
Follow the guidelines below to eSign documents on an iOS device:
- 01. Install our electronic signature app from the App Store.
- 02. Create an account or log in to an existing one.
- 03. Select the Create option (the plus icon).
- 04. Choose the location of your document (your device, cloud, or camera).
- 05. Find a needed file and confirm importing by tapping Select 1 Document.
- 06.Select who needs to sign the document.
- 07.Modify the form according to your needs.
- 08.Select Signature, tap on the required place to insert it.
- 09.Click on your electronic signature and select Adjust Size to make it bigger or smaller.
- 10.Tap Done ➟ Save to finish the signing process and specify the name of your file.
- 11.Select the three dots icon (···) near your file’s title, select Share, and choose your preferred exporting method.
The steps of eSigning are a little different from eSigning in the web browser. The process demands a few more steps, but it’s just as quick and easy.
Don’t miss out on the ability to add electronic signatures to PDFs on an iPhone. Install our application now!
How to create an electronic signature on Android
Android devices can be useful not only for communication and entertainment but also for document management. If you need to generate a document from scratch, the convenience of this process depends on the size of your screen and what additional gadgets you have. Still, you can transform a file into a fillable form, insert new text, and add an electronic signature to a PDF file in just a couple of clicks with the help of our robust solution, signNow.
Follow the instructions below to eSign documents on an Android device with our electronic signature app:
- 01. Download the eSignature application from Google Play.
- 02. Create an account.
- 03. Click the + (plus) icon and upload a file from a gallery, cloud, or camera.
- 04. Select Signature in an opened record and tap where you want to place it.
- 05. Close the editor by clicking the ✔ icon in the top-right corner, select Save, and specify the name of your new file.
- 06. Tap ⋮ ➟ More ➟ Download to save the file to your device.
- 07. Select Share to send your document.
signNow is the best way to create an electronic signature on an Android device without any hassle. Even if you decide not to install our electronic signature app, you still have the ability to eSign PDFs in your mobile browser. However, the application makes it easier and more efficient to get what you need done. Install it and handle your document signing tasks effortlessly!