Explore Your Digital Signature – Questions Answered: How to Add a Digital Signature on a Word Document
- Quick to start
- 24/7 support
Forward-thinking companies around the world trust airSlate SignNow
Quick guide on how to add a digital signature on a Word document
The airSlate SignNow eSignature solution is here to substitute your handwritten autograph and enhance virtually any paper-based, manual tasks. Signing forms electronically saves time, reduces expenses, and offers you the power to approve contracts and business forms from anywhere and anytime, on any system. Continue reading to learn about tips on how to begin improving your approval workflows and sign and send documents for signature electronically.
Follow the steps listed below to discover how to add a digital signature on a Word document:
- Launch your browser and go to signnow.com.
- Subscribe for a free trial or log in using your electronic mail or Google/Facebook credentials.
- Select User Avatar -> My Account at the top-right corner of the page.
- Personalize your User Profile by adding personal data and altering configurations.
- Design and manage your Default Signature(s).
- Get back to the dashboard page.
- Hover over the Upload and Create button and choose the needed option.
- Click the Prepare and Send button next to the document's name.
- Type the email address and name of all signers in the pop-up window that opens.
- Use the Start adding fields menu to begin to edit file and self sign them.
- Click on SAVE AND INVITE when accomplished.
- Continue to configure your eSignature workflow employing more features.
It can't get any simpler to find out how to add a digital signature on a Word document than it is with airSlate SignNow. Make your account, edit and sign templates, ask for signatures, and keep track of every action taken to your documents.
How it works
Rate your experience
Find out how to add a digital signature on a Word document with airSlate SignNow
To take care of your document management effortlessly, you need to figure out how to add a digital signature on a Word document. Otherwise, you risk getting stressed with documentation. Getting a comprehensive eSignature solution is crucial for your company. If you want advanced document management that’s smooth, cost-effective, and secure, give airSlate SignNow a try.
airSlate SignNow is instinctive, and you can jumpstart the process without having a learning curve of any sort. The platform delivers lots of features for making eSignature workflows simpler. Uploading documents from the cloud, bulk sending documents, or creating a multi-subscriber workflow is a few of the functionality you can utilize. Find out how to add a digital signature on a Word document like a pro.
- Save time. Printing and scanning, and the physical delivery of papers are rapidly getting things of the past. You can now create, send, and sign PDFs electronically in a few clicks.
- eSign on the go. Expand the functionality of your smartphone and tablet with airSlate SignNow. Set up the mobile app, learn how to add a digital signature on a Word document and manage forms and contracts from anywhere.
- Monitor templates. Be aware of modifications occurring in your PDFs. Using the Audit Trail functionality, you can check the status of your forms and find out the time, email, and IP address of those working with them.
- Integrate with your preferred applications. Implement your process into any third-party application and run habitual processes from a single tab. Connect your account to Gmail and sign PDFs with the airSlate SignNow add-on.
- Team up. Work together on your tasks with colleagues. Build team folders, add employees, and include files to work on.
There are a number of other alternatives available on the market that have eSignature, but learning how to add a digital signature on a Word document with airSlate SignNow is smooth, secure ans affordable . Electronically transform your business with superior signing assistance, bulk sending options, role-based signing orders, and a lot more.
Best ROI. Our customers achieve an average 7x ROI within the first six months.
Scales with your use cases. From SMBs to mid-market, airSlate SignNow delivers results for businesses of all sizes.
Intuitive UI and API. Sign and send documents from your apps in minutes.
What is the best way to discover how to add a digital signature on a Word document?To start with airSlate SignNow eSignature, you only need an internet connection and a subscription. Sign up and get access to an user-friendly interface that makes eSigning any PDF file effortless.
Where can I discover more about how to add a digital signature on a Word document?Create a airSlate SignNow account and take a few Starter Tutorials to acquire more information. Upload a PDF and implement your newly acquired knowledge. To find out more, check out the Help Center.
Do I need to know how to add a digital signature on a Word document to manage deals online?More and more people are shifting from paper-based documen workflow, so to conduct business online, you need to learn how to add a digital signature on a Word document. airSlate SignNow helps users deal with this task. Create an account and get legally-binding eSignatures and the capability to close deals without face-to-face meetings.
Is eSignature legal?Sure. eSignature is a valid, legally-binding, and enforceable symbol. According to the ESIGN and UETA polices, no document can be rejected by the court due to an eSignature.
How much does it cost to use an eSignature solution?The airSlate SignNow Basic subscription begins at $8 monthly if charged annually. Using this plan, you can sign documents online and deliver them for signing. Additionally, you can use the airSlate SignNow mobile application, generate web templates, and eSign PDFs.
How do I receive an eSignature?Create an eSignature in clicks, unlike a digital signature for which you need to generate a certificate first. Log in to airSlate SignNow, add a PDF or choose any of the ones that you have in your account. Utilize the My Signature option and pick a signing method. Your signature is instantly saved to your profile.
Is a typed name an eSignature?To eliminate the ambiguity, just typing your name on a record isn't the same as putting your signature on it. But when it comes to a digital process, you can create an eSignature via different methods. To make a typed signature, utilize the My Signature tool in airSlate SignNow and click Type. Then enter your name and put it anywhere in your PDF.
Can my eSignature be anything?Going with a legal definition, an eSignature is any mark or word that digitally connects a signer to a signed document. Therefore, you can create a signature that suits you without any formatting requirements.
Does a signature have to be in cursive?There are no requirements for how an eSignature should look. It can be either a cursive signature or a typed one. Solutions like airSlate SignNow allow you to take a picture of your handwritten signature and add it to a document. Once it’s uploaded via a secure platform like airSlate SignNow, it’s considered an eSignature.
What is a valid eSignature?An electronic signature has the same legal force as a handwritten one. You just need to use an eSignature solution that conforms with the UETA and ESIGN Requirements. Then any record that you sign is enforceable.
How to add a digital signature on a Word document vs. with airSlate SignNow
How to complete and eSign a a file online
Are you eager to discover how to add a digital signature on a Word document? You can spend hours researching the needed information online or select a more handy option like airSlate SignNow. With airSlate SignNow, you can instantly sign documents and request signatures.
To add a signature to a document without wasting your resources and figuring out how to add a digital signature on a Word document, go through these step-by-step guidelines :
- Log into your account or create one.
- Select and upload your document in preferred format.
- Using the Fill Out Myself toolbox, hit My Signature and create your electronic autograph.
- Use other fields to complete and annotate your paperwork.
- Go to your Dashboard and pick what you would like to do next with an executed copy.
Gain more control over your eSignature workflows and ensure that your documents are completed on time and properly handled. Rather than learning how to add a digital signature on a Word document, use airSlate SignNow, a multipurpose eSignature solution.
How to fill out and sign a document in Google
There are plenty of guides on how to add a digital signature on a Word document. But what if we told you that you could sign your documents from the comfort of your preferred browser? With airSlate SignNow, you can turn Google Chrome into a powerful assistant for executing papers in minutes.
Here's the best way to certify files in Google Chrome without having to look for extra details on how to add a digital signature on a Word document:
- Find and set up the airSlate SignNow extension from Chrome Web Store.
- Choose the document and click the Open in airSlate SignNow button.
- Choose My signature, generate one and then> select Sign.
- Click Save and Close to apply the required adjustments.
- Download or send out the executed document through Gmail.
The airSlate SignNow's set of resources is not limited to signing only. You can use the pre-drafted paperwork (or safely import your own), create online fillable forms, set up document templates to use in the future, etc. Put an end monotonous research on how to add a digital signature on a Word document. Certify documents electronically at any time, from any platform that works with Google Chrome.
How to eSign an emailed document in Gmail
In case you are curious about how to add a digital signature on a Word document easily, consider certifying from within Gmail by using our add-on. It's easy, safe, and doesn't require printing or scanning. In addition, you can complete the received document directly from your favorite email platform without toggling between various third-party solutions or downloading document modifying software.
Here is how you can complete and certify paperwork in Gmail without having to look for extra resources on how to add a digital signature on a Word document:
- Go to Google Workspace Marketplace and get the airSlate SignNow add-on.
- Open the emailed document and click on the airSlate SignNow symbol in the topper-right corner.
- Choose the required fields to complete the document.
- Choose My Signature and set up your virtual signature by typing in and drawing, or adding one.
- Hit Save and close to apply and save the changes.
Signing documents in Gmail is only one of the numerous methods to certify paperwork airSlate SignNow offers. No matter the device or platform you utilize, airSlate SignNow is powerful enough to let you quickly and safely set up complex eSignature workflows with role-based signing, Audit Trail, and other important features. Now that you've discovered how you can eSign in Gmail, you no longer need to waste your time and efforts and search for resources on how to add a digital signature on a Word document on untrustworthy services.
How to eSign a document in a mobile browser
Are you curious how to add a digital signature on a Word document on the go? airSlate SignNow enables everyone to get the forms approved within minutes without printing and scanning, and mailing documents back and forth. Regardless of where your professional tasks may take you, you can manage your eSignature from anywhere with our solution for mobile browsers. No application installation is required.
Here is the best way to fill out and eSign paperwork using a mobile browser without having to search for additional details on how to add a digital signature on a Word document:
- In your mobile browser, visit the airSlate SignNow website.
- Create an account with us or sign in if you already have one .
- Tap anywhere on the form to add your eAutograph.
- Start completing the document utilizing the toolbar on the left.
- Tap Save & close as soon as you're done dealing with the copy.
airSlate SignNow can be a life-saver if you're used to multitasking and being constantly on the go. You'll get all the needed features to sign, collect signatures, and deal with eSignature workflows right from your browser without learning how to add a digital signature on a Word document. Get the most out of the airSlate SignNow for mobile browsers and enjoy more versatile and eco-friendly ways of managing your paperwork.
How to certify a form on an iPhone
Certify a document is frustrating and time-consuming, especially if you're not at your desk and don't have the needed solutions at your fingertips. Instead of scrolling for hours and finding out how to add a digital signature on a Word document on the move with minimal effort, you can use a comprehensive eSignature solution, airSlate SignNow iOS app. It lets you easily eSign and fill out paperwork online from your phone or tablet, even when you're offline.
Here is how you can fill out and certify a document on your iPhone without having to look for additional information on how to add a digital signature on a Word document:
- Visit App Store and download the airSlate SignNow application.
- Start adding a document by tapping the Create button at the bottom of your screen.
- Take a photo of your physical copy or add a digital version.
- Tap Myself > Signature and draw a signature with your finger.
- Tap Done as soon as finished > Save.
airSlate SignNow, a powerful eSignature application. It comes with built-in document editing, essential eSignature features, and a wide array of valuable features, such as offline mode, in-person signing, Audit Trail, etc. Don't waste a minute on your “how to add a digital signature on a Word document” research. Make the airSlate SignNow application a go-to tool for your day-to-day document-based workflows.
How to eSign a form using an Android-operated gadget
Would you like to find out how to add a digital signature on a Word document on your Android device? No matter if you need to eSign on your phone on a regular basis and require pro-level tools, or you are searching for one-off signing, airSlate SignNow got you covered. With the airSlate SignNow application for Android, you can easily add a legally-binding signature in seconds without switching to unreliable third-party solutions.
Here is the best way to fill out and sign a form on any Android device without having to look for additional information on how to add a digital signature on a Word document:
- Go to Google Play and install the airSlate SignNow app.
- Add a form or take a picture of the one that needs to be signed.
- Tap Signature to draw one and drag it to the area designated for signature.
- Look over the certified form and tap the checkmark symbol to save the changes.
- Download a copy to your phone or share it with other parties.
When you google “how to add a digital signature on a Word document on your mobile phone phone with ease” you might find many options. Nevertheless, “easy” doesn’t necessarily ensure that the executed form will be legally binding and neat. Our award-winning application enables anyone to add or request signatures utilizing any Android device while remaining within the required compliance standards and polices. Try airSlate SignNow now and discover how to make the most of it!