Find All You Need to Know: How to Sign a Document in PDF
- Quick to start
- 24/7 support
Forward-thinking companies around the world trust airSlate SignNow
Quick-start guide on how to sign a document in PDF
The airSlate SignNow eSignature solution is here to replace your handwritten autograph and improve virtually any paper-based, manual processes. Signing documents in electronic format saves time, reduces costs, and offers you the versatility to sign deals and business forms from anyplace and anytime, on any device. Read on to discover the best way to begin enhancing your approval workflows and sign and send documents for signing electronically.
Follow the steps listed below to find out how to sign a document in PDF:
- Launch your browser and visit signnow.com.
- Sign up for a free trial run or log in using your email or Google/Facebook credentials.
- Click User Avatar -> My Account at the top-right corner of the page.
- Modify your User Profile by adding personal information and altering configurations.
- Create and manage your Default Signature(s).
- Get back to the dashboard page.
- Hover over the Upload and Create button and choose the appropriate option.
- Click on the Prepare and Send button next to the document's title.
- Input the name and email address of all signers in the pop-up box that opens.
- Use the Start adding fields menu to proceed to edit file and self sign them.
- Click SAVE AND INVITE when accomplished.
- Continue to fine-tune your eSignature workflow using more features.
It couldn't be easier to learn how to sign a document in PDF than it is with airSlate SignNow. Make your account, edit and sign templates, request signatures, and monitor every action taken to your documents.
How it works
Rate your experience
Find out how to sign a document in PDF with airSlate SignNow
To take care of your document management smoothly, you need to know how to sign a document in PDF. Otherwise, you risk getting confused with documents. Choosing a comprehensive eSignature solution is crucial for you and your company. If you want advanced document management that’s smooth, cost-effective, and secure, give airSlate SignNow a shot.
airSlate SignNow is intuitive, and you can start the process without a learning curve of any kind. The service provides dozens of features to create eSignature workflows simpler. Adding files from the cloud, mass mailing documents, or building a multi-subscriber workflow is some of the features you can use. Learn how to sign a document in PDF like a pro.
- Save your time. Printing and scanning, and also the physical delivery of papers are quickly getting stuff of the past. You can now generate, send out, and sign PDFs electronically in clicks.
- eSign on the go. Increase the capabilities of your mobile phone and tablet with airSlate SignNow. Set up the app, get to know how to sign a document in PDF and manage forms and contracts from anywhere.
- Monitor templates. Know about modifications occurring in your PDFs. While using Audit Trail function, you can check the status of your records and figure out the time, email, and IP address of those dealing with them.
- Integrate with your favorite applications. Implement your process into any third-party application and run recurring processes from one tab. Connect your account to Gmail and sign attachments using the airSlate SignNow add-on.
- Team up. Work together on your projects with coworkers. Make group folders, add employees, and add more files to work on.
There are a number of other solutions on the market that have eSignature, but learning how to sign a document in PDF with airSlate SignNow is smooth, secure ans affordable . Electronically transform your company with superior signing guidance, mass mailing options, role-based signing orders, and a lot more.
Best ROI. Our customers achieve an average 7x ROI within the first six months.
Scales with your use cases. From SMBs to mid-market, airSlate SignNow delivers results for businesses of all sizes.
Intuitive UI and API. Sign and send documents from your apps in minutes.
What is the easiest way to learn how to sign a document in PDF?To start with airSlate SignNow eSignature, you only need a web connection and a subscription. Create your account and get access to an user-friendly interface that makes eSigning any PDF simple.
Where can I discover more about how to sign a document in PDF?Register a airSlate SignNow account and take a few Starter Tutorials to acquire more information. Add a PDF and apply your newly acquired expertise. For additional information, check out the Help Center.
Do I need to know how to sign a document in PDF to handle deals online?More and more people are moving away from paper-based documen workflow, so to conduct business online, you need to learn how to sign a document in PDF. airSlate SignNow assists users cope with this task. Sign up for an account and get legally-binding eSignatures and the ability to close deals without the need of face-to-face meetings.
Is eSignature legal?Sure. eSignature is a valid, legally-binding, and enforceable symbol. Based on the ESIGN and UETA polices, no document can be rejected by the court due to an electronic signature.
How much does it cost to have an eSignature platform?The airSlate SignNow Basic plan begins at $8 monthly if charged annually. Employing this plan, you can sign documents online and send out them for signing. Moreover, you can use the airSlate SignNow mobile app, create form templates, and eSign PDFs.
How do you get an eSignature?Generate an eSignature in clicks, in contrast to a digital signature for which you need to produce a certificate first. Sign in to airSlate SignNow, upload a PDF file or select any of those that are already in your account. Utilize the My Signature option and select a signing method. Your signature is automatically saved to your user profile.
Is a typed name an eSignature?To eliminate the ambiguity, just typing your name on a record isn't the same as signing it. But in terms of a digital process, you can create an eSignature via different methods. To make a typed signature, use the My Signature option in airSlate SignNow and click Type. Then type your name and place it anywhere in your PDF.
Can my eSignature be anything?Using a legal definition, an eSignature is any mark or word that digitally connects a signer to a signed papers. Therefore, you can create a signature that suits you without any formatting requirements.
Does a signature have to be in cursive?There are no requirements for how an eSignature should look. It may be either a cursive signature or a typed one. Services like airSlate SignNow allow you to take a photo of your handwritten signature and upload it to a record. Once it’s uploaded via a secure platform like airSlate SignNow, it’s considered an eSignature.
What is a valid electronic signature?An electronic signature provides the same legal power as a handwritten one. You simply need to use an eSignature solution that conforms with the ESIGN and UETA Regulations. Then any document that you sign is enforceable.
How to sign a document in PDF vs. with airSlate SignNow
How to fill out and eSign a document electronically
Would you like to learn how to sign a document in PDF? There’s a chance you can spend hours researching the needed guides online or choose a more handy option like airSlate SignNow. With airSlate SignNow, you can immediately sign documents and request signatures.
To sign a file without wasting your time and figuring out how to sign a document in PDF, go through these step-by-step guidelines :
- Sign into your account or register one.
- Select and add your file in preferred format.
- From the Fill Out Myself toolbox, hit My Signature and generate your digitized autograph.
- Use other fields to fill out and annotate your paperwork.
- Go to your Dashboard and pick what you would like to do next with an executed copy.
Get more control over your eSignature workflows and make sure that your documents are executed promptly and rightfully handled. Instead of discovering how to sign a document in PDF, use airSlate SignNow, a versatile eSignature service.
How to complete and execute a document in Google
There are numerous guides on how to sign a document in PDF. But what if we told you there would be a chance for you to sign your paperwork from the comfort of your preferred browser? With airSlate SignNow, you can convert Google Chrome into a powerful assistant for certifying papers in minutes.
Here's the best way to certify paperwork in Google Chrome without having to look for additional details on how to sign a document in PDF:
- Locate and install the airSlate SignNow extension from Chrome Web Store.
- Select the document and hit the Open in airSlate SignNow button.
- Choose My signature, generate one and then> select Sign.
- Click Save and Close to apply the needed changes.
- Save to the cloud or send the signed document via Gmail.
The airSlate SignNow's set of resources is not limited to certifying only. You can use the pre-uploaded paperwork (or safely import your own), set up interactive fillable forms, configure document templates to use in the future, etc. End tedious research on how to sign a document in PDF. Certify paperwork online at any time, from any device that works with Google Chrome.
How to eSign an emailed attachment in Gmail
If you wonder how to sign a document in PDF quickly, think about signing from within Gmail with the help of our add-on. It's easy, safe, and doesn't require printing or scanning. In addition, you can complete the received attachments directly from your favorite email platform without the need of toggling between different third-party options or installing document editing software.
Here is how you can fill out and certify forms in Gmail without having to look for extra resources on how to sign a document in PDF:
- Visit Google Workspace Marketplace and get the airSlate SignNow add-on.
- Open the emailed file and hit the airSlate SignNow icon in the topper-right corner.
- Select the needed fields to fill out the document.
- Choose My Signature and set up your electronic signature by entering and drawing, or uploading one.
- Click on Save and close to apply and save the modifications.
Executing papers in Gmail is only one of the numerous methods to certify documents airSlate SignNow offers. No matter the device or platform you utilize, airSlate SignNow is powerful enough to enable you to easily and securely set up multi-level eSignature workflows with role-based signing, Audit Trail, and other useful features. Now that you've discovered how you can eSign in Gmail, you no longer need to waste your time and efforts and search for resources on how to sign a document in PDF on untrustworthy services.
How to eSign a document in a mobile browser
Are you wondering how to sign a document in PDF on the go? airSlate SignNow enables everyone to get the forms approved quickly without the need of printing and scanning, and sharing documents back and forth. Regardless of where your working duties may take you, you can manage your eSignature from anywhere with our solution for mobile browsers. No application download is needed.
Here is how you can complete and eSign paperwork using a mobile browser without having to search for additional details on how to sign a document in PDF:
- In your mobile browser, go to the airSlate SignNow website.
- Create an account with us or log in if you already have one .
- Tap anywhere on the form to put your eAutograph.
- Start completing the document utilizing the toolbar on the left.
- Tap Save & close as soon as you're through dealing with the form.
airSlate SignNow can be a life-saver if you're used to doing many things at a time and being continuously on the go. You'll get all the required features to execute documents, collect signatures, and deal with eSignature workflows directly from your browser without learning how to sign a document in PDF. Get the most out of the airSlate SignNow for mobile browsers and enjoy more versatile and paperless ways of managing your paperwork.
How to certify a document on an iPhone
Certify a form is annoying and time-consuming, especially if you're not at your desk and don't have the right tools at your fingertips. Instead of scrolling for hours and finding out how to sign a document in PDF on the fly with minimal effort, you can use an all-in-one eSignature solution, airSlate SignNow iOS app. It enables you to quickly eSign and complete paperwork online from your phone or tablet, even when you're not connected to the internet.
Here is how you can complete and certify a form on your iPhone without the need to look for extra details on how to sign a document in PDF:
- Visit App Store and install the airSlate SignNow app.
- Start importing a form by tapping the Create button at the bottom of your screen.
- Take a photo of your physical copy or add a digital one.
- Tap Myself > Signature and draw a signature using your finger.
- Tap Done once completed > Save.
airSlate SignNow, a robust eSignature solution. It includes built-in form modifying, important eSignature tools, and a broad range of useful features, such as offline mode, in-person signing, Audit Trail, etc. Don't waste a minute on your “how to sign a document in PDF” research. Make the airSlate SignNow app a go-to tool for your day-to-day document-based workflows.
How to eSign a document utilizing an Android-operated gadget
Would you like to find out how to sign a document in PDF on your Android device? No matter if you need to eSign on your tablet on a regular basis and require advanced capabilities, or you are searching for one-time signing, airSlate SignNow is here for you. With the airSlate SignNow application for Android, you can easily add a legally-binding signature in seconds without turning to shady third-party tools.
Here is how you can fill out and sign a document on any Android device without having to search for additional details on how to sign a document in PDF:
- Go to Google Play and set up the airSlate SignNow app.
- Upload a document or take a photo of the one that needs to be executed.
- Tap Signature to draw one and drag it to the area designated for signature.
- Look over the executed document and tap the checkmark symbol to save the changes.
- Download an executed form to your phone or share it with other people.
When you google “how to sign a document in PDF on your mobile phone phone with ease” you might find many options. However, “easy” doesn’t always ensure that the completed copy will be legally binding and neat. Our award-winning application enables anyone to add or request signatures using any Android device while staying within the required data protection and eCommerce frameworks and regulations. Try airSlate SignNow today and learn how to make the most of it!