Find All You Need to Know: PDF Signature
- Quick to start
- 24/7 support
Forward-thinking companies around the world trust signNow
Quick-start guide on how to use PDF signature feature
Is your organization ready to cut inefficiencies by three-quarters or more? With signNow eSignature, weeks of contract negotiation become days, and hours of signature collecting become minutes. You won't need to learn everything from scratch thanks to the intuitive interface and step-by-step instructions.
Complete the following steps listed below to use the PDF signature functionality within a few minutes:
- Launch your browser and go to signnow.com.
- Join for a free trial run or log in using your electronic mail or Google/Facebook credentials.
- Select User Avatar -> My Account at the top-right area of the page.
- Modify your User Profile by adding personal information and adjusting configurations.
- Create and manage your Default Signature(s).
- Return to the dashboard page.
- Hover over the Upload and Create button and choose the appropriate option.
- Click on the Prepare and Send option next to the document's name.
- Enter the email address and name of all signers in the pop-up screen that opens.
- Make use of the Start adding fields menu to proceed to modify file and self sign them.
- Click SAVE AND INVITE when accomplished.
- Continue to configure your eSignature workflow employing advanced features.
It couldn't get any easier to use the PDF signature feature. It's accessible on your mobile devices as well. Install the signNow app for iOS or Android and run your custom eSignature workflows even when on the go. Forget printing and scanning, labor-intensive filing, and expensive papers delivery.
How it works
Rate your experience
PDF signature: Scale your workflow with signNow
To handle your document management easily, you need to take advantage of PDF signature. Otherwise, you risk being overwhelmed with documents. Finding a comprehensive eSignature solution is vital for your company. If you want advanced document management that’s fast, reasonably priced, and secure, give signNow a try.
signNow is instinctive, and you can start the process without a learning curve of any sort. The service offers lots of functions for making eSignature workflows simpler. Adding files from the cloud, bulk sending documents, or creating a multi-subscriber workflow is a few of the functionality you can utilize. Would like to get the most from PDF signature?
- Save your time. Printing and scanning, and the physical delivery of documents are quickly becoming things of the past. You can now create, send out, and sign PDFs online in a few clicks.
- eSign on the go. Increase the functionality of your mobile phone and tablet with signNow. Set up the app and take full advantage of PDF signature from any place.
- Monitor documents. Be aware of modifications happening within your PDFs. While using Audit Trail function, you can check the status of your forms and discover the time, email, and IP of those dealing with them.
- Integrate with your beloved apps. Implement your process into any third-party application and run recurring processes from one tab. Connect your account to Gmail and sign attachments with the signNow add-on.
- Team up. Collaborate on your tasks with coworkers. Make group folders, invite workers, and add more records to work on.
There are a variety of other alternatives on the market that have PDF signature, but signNow gives you a comprehensive eSignature workflow. Digitally transform your business with advanced signing assistance, bulk sending options, role-based signing orders, and even more.
Best ROI. Our customers achieve an average 7x ROI within the first six months.
Scales with your use cases. From SMBs to mid-market, signNow delivers results for businesses of all sizes.
Intuitive UI and API. Sign and send documents from your apps in minutes.
How do I get an eSignature?Generate an eSignature in clicks, in contrast to a digital signature for which you have to produce a certificate first. Log in to signNow, add a PDF or choose any of the ones that you have in your account. Use the My Signature option and select a signing method. Your signature is instantly saved to your user profile.
Can my eSignature be anything?Using a legal definition, an eSignature is any sign or word that electronically connects a signer to a signed papers. Consequently, you can create a signature that suits you without the formatting demands.
How do I use the PDF signature and handle documents electronically?To make use of the PDF signature, you need a trustworthy eSignature platform that includes the features your business needs to signNow its objectives. Regardless of what software you choose, make sure it’s established to match the rules and requirements necessary for legally-binding eSignature (e.g., UETA, ESIGN and HIPAA, etc.).
What is the quickest way to utilize the PDF signature?To quickly receive the PDF signature, try a cloud-based eSignature platform like signNow. Take advantage of an user-friendly user interface that makes eSigning and sending documents for eSigning quick and easy. Get a legally-binding eSignature every time.
Is a typed name an electronic signature?To solve the ambiguity, just typing your name on a record isn't the same as putting your signature on it. But when it comes to a digital process, you can create an eSignature via various ways. To create a typed signature, utilize the My Signature tool in signNow and click Type. Then enter your name and put it anywhere in your PDF file.
What is a valid electronic signature?An electronic signature provides the same legal power as a handwritten one. You only need to use an eSignature solution that conforms with the UETA and ESIGN Polices. Then any record that you sign is enforceable.
Do I require witnesses to utilize the PDF signature?Based on the document type, your signature may or may not need to be witnessed. In general, no witnesses are needed for an electronic signature. Nevertheless, a witness’s signature may be required in terms of notarization.
Where can I find out more about the PDF signature?To learn more about the PDF signature, discover signNow FAQs, comparison charts, and blogs to better understand why people regularly choose signNow over other eSignature solutions on the market.
Does a signature have to be in cursive?There are no requirements for how an eSignature should look. It can be either a cursive signature or a typed one. Solutions like signNow allow you to take a picture of your handwritten signature and add it to a document. Once it’s uploaded via a secure platform like signNow, it’s considered an eSignature.
Can I get the PDF signature without creatung an account?Any user who gets a signature invite from signNow can use PDF signature even if they don’t have a signNow account. When you get a signing request via electronic mail, signing link, and so on, open it, accept to do business digitally (eSign), and follow the built-in signing guidance. Once you complete all your assigned fields, click Done, and copies of the document will be sent to you and the document’s author.
SignNow functionality for PDF signature
How to complete and sign forms online
Finding powerful PDF signature capabilities can be difficult unless you have a signNow account. Our tool with an easy-to-use interface empowers you with the possibility to rapidly fill out and electronically sign any form via any device.
Follow the step-by-step guide to use the PDF signature feature:
- Log in to the system or create an account with signNow.
- Click Upload or Create to add a file from your device, the cloud, or our form catalogue.
- Open the sample and utilize the tools from Fill Out Myself left sidebar to complete the blanks.
- Drop My Signature to eSign the doc by typing, drawing, or inserting an image of your signature.
- Add additional fillable areas with assigned Roles for other people to complete.
- Click Save and Close or utilize the Invite to Sign button to request signatures from others.
When finished editing and ultizing the PDF signature feature, you can download your document, export it to your cloud storage, or easily convert it into a reusable template. Save time and handle your paperwork online with signNow, from anywhere and any time you need it!
How to fill out and sign forms in Google Chrome
There’s nothing simpler than using the PDF signature feature if you work in Google Chrome. Within this browser, you have an option to enable extensions. Extensions are small specific programs that improve your browser capabilities. Set up the signNow extension to complete and sign your paperwork without switching between tabs and windows.
Follow the step-by-step guide to work with the PDF signature feature:
- Go to Chrome Web Store, locate the signNow extension, and install it to your browser.
- Find a link to a form, right-click on it, and choose Open in signNow.
- Log in to your account or register for it if you use our service for the first time.
- Fill out your sample or adjust it with additional fields for other signers.
- Add My Signature to the form and select how you want to add your electronic signature.
- Save and Close your document or share it with other people for signing with the Invite To Sign option.
After using the PDF signature feature and finishing the editing, save the form on your device or to the cloud, send it to other people, generate a re-usable template, and so on. Handle your paperwork efficiently in your browser with signNow!
How to fill out and sign documents in Gmail
Approving paperwork via email attachments has never been so easy and fast. signNow provides you with an add-on for Gmail that allows you to use the PDF signature features in clicks without leaving your inbox.
Follow the step-by-step guidelines to use the PDF signature features:
- Go to Google Workspace Marketplace to install the signNow add-on for Gmail.
- Open an email with an an attached file for approval and click on the blue S symbol in the right toolbar.
- Log in or create an account with signNow to continue with the signNow add-on for Gmail and document editing.
- Click UPLOAD to import the file for editing or forward it to others for approval with the SEND TO SIGN option.
- Fill out blank fields and insert your legally-binding electronic signature.
- Verify the sample and click Save and Close when everything is done properly.
signNow is a state-of-the-art eSignature tool that allows you to handle your paperwork using the PDF signature feature without leaving your inbox. Try it now to save hours of working time!
How to fill out and sign paperwork in a mobile browser
Suppose you want to quickly sign documents on the go utilizing the PDF signature capabilities but don’t want to install extra applications on your device. In that case, signNow is a perfect solution for you. Our robust eSignature tool is available for usage on any device directly from a mobile browser.
Follow the step-by-step guidelines to use the PDF signature features:
- Open a browser on your mobile device and go to www.signnow.com.
- Register for an account or log in with your credentials. Alternatively, you can log in with your existing Google/Facebook accounts.
- Tap Upload or Create to import a file from your Gallery, the cloud, or our Forms Library.
- Complete blank fields in your sample and insert more areas for others to fill out.
- Add My Signature and choose your preferred way of signing.
- End up with editing by tapping on the Save and Close option.
Once you apply the PDF signature and complete your paperwork, you can quickly collect legally binding electronic signatures from other individuals. Save time and manage your paperwork on the go without software setups; approve docs with signNow directly from your browser!
How to complete and sign forms on iOS
If you need the PDF signature functionality to approve paperwork on the go, a signNow application for iOS is right here to help you. It’s fast, with an intuitive interface, and can be used for eSigning forms even if your device is temporarily off the internet.
Follow the step-by-step guide to use the PDF signature functionality:
- Go to App Store, locate signNow eSignature application and install it on your device.
- Create an account to start a free trial or log in with your credentials.
- Tap Create to import a sample that you need to edit and sign.
- Make use of the editing tools to fill out empty fields in your sample.
- Tap on Signature, then type in your name or draw your signature.
- Verify the form for errors and tap on Done when finished.
After the PDF signature functionality is applied, all the paperwork is saved into your signNow account. You can get it for further processing anytime or request eSignatures from other parties. Try it now!
How to fill out and sign paperwork on Android
You easily access the PDF signature features and approve paperwork while on the go with the signNow application on any Android-run device. After a quick installation process, you’ll have the capacity to complete and sign forms from anyplace and even when you are offline.
Follow the step-by-step guide to use the PDF signature feature:
- Open Google Play, find signNow, and set up the app on your device.
- Open the application and tap on the + button to import a file from the gallery or the cloud.
- Tap on Open in Editor to open the sample and fill it out.
- Tap on Signature and place it where necessary. Sign the form by drawing or typing your signature.
- Use the checkmark symbol (✔) to save the modifications.
The entire process of utilizing the PDF signature feature on your smartphone takes only a few taps. If you sign or send your paperwork for approval while being offline, simply sync your account to apply modifications. Close deals in minutes with signNow!