Explore Your Digital Signature – Questions Answered: How to Apply a Digital Signature to a PDF
- Quick to start
- 24/7 support
Forward-thinking companies around the world trust airSlate SignNow
Quick-start guide on how to apply a digital signature to a PDF
The airSlate SignNow eSignature solution is here to replace your handwritten signature and improve virtually any paper-driven, manual tasks. Signing documents in electronic format helps save time, reduces costs, and gives you the power to approve contracts and business forms from anyplace and anytime, on any device. Keep reading to learn about tips on how to start improving your approval workflows and sign and send documents for signing electronically.
Follow the steps listed below to discover how to apply a digital signature to a PDF:
- Open your web browser and visit signnow.com.
- Subscribe for a free trial run or log in utilizing your electronic mail or Google/Facebook credentials.
- Click User Avatar -> My Account at the top-right area of the page.
- Personalize your User Profile with your personal information and altering settings.
- Design and manage your Default Signature(s).
- Get back to the dashboard page.
- Hover over the Upload and Create button and choose the appropriate option.
- Click the Prepare and Send button next to the document's name.
- Input the name and email address of all signers in the pop-up window that opens.
- Make use of the Start adding fields option to proceed to modify document and self sign them.
- Click SAVE AND INVITE when accomplished.
- Continue to configure your eSignature workflow using more features.
It couldn't get any easier to learn how to apply a digital signature to a PDF than it is with airSlate SignNow. Create your profile, modify and sign templates, request signatures, and monitor every activity taken to your documents.
How it works
Rate your experience
Learn how to apply a digital signature to a PDF with airSlate SignNow
To take care of your document management easily, you need to know how to apply a digital signature to a PDF. Otherwise, you risk being confused with paperwork. Getting a complex eSignature solution is crucial for your business. If you want expert document management that’s smooth, cost-effective, and safe, give airSlate SignNow a shot.
airSlate SignNow is easy-to-use, and you can start the process without a learning curve of any type. The platform offers lots of features for making eSignature workflows easier. Uploading files from the cloud, mass mailing documents, or building a multi-subscriber workflow is several of the features you can utilize. Learn how to apply a digital signature to a PDF like a pro.
- Save your time. Printing and scanning, and the physical delivery of documents are rapidly turning into things of the past. Now you can generate, send out, and eSign PDFs online in clicks.
- eSign on the go. Increase the functionality of your mobile phone and tablet with airSlate SignNow. Install the mobile app, get to know how to apply a digital signature to a PDF and manage forms and contracts from any place.
- Keep track of templates. Be aware of modifications happening within your PDFs. Utilizing the Audit Trail function, you can check the status of your templates and find out the time, email, and IP address of those dealing with them.
- Integrate with your preferred programs. Embed your process into any third-party application and operate habitual processes from one tab. Connect your account to Gmail and sign attachments using the airSlate SignNow add-on.
- Team up. Work together on your projects with colleagues. Make group folders, invite workers, and add records to work on.
There are lots of other alternatives on the market that have eSignature, but learning how to apply a digital signature to a PDF with airSlate SignNow is smooth, safe ans affordable . Digitally transform your company with advanced signing guidance, mass mailing options, role-based signing orders, and even more.
Best ROI. Our customers achieve an average 7x ROI within the first six months.
Scales with your use cases. From SMBs to mid-market, airSlate SignNow delivers results for businesses of all sizes.
Intuitive UI and API. Sign and send documents from your apps in minutes.
What’s the easiest method to discover how to apply a digital signature to a PDF?To get started with airSlate SignNow eSignature, you only need an internet connection and an account. Sign up and get access to an intuitive interface that makes eSigning any PDF file simple.
Where can I read more about how to apply a digital signature to a PDF?Register a airSlate SignNow account and take a few Starter Tutorials to acquire more information. Upload a PDF and use your newly acquired knowledge. For additional information, explore the Help Center.
Do I need to know how to apply a digital signature to a PDF to manage deals online?More and more people are shifting from paper-based documen workflow, so to conduct business online, you need to learn how to apply a digital signature to a PDF. airSlate SignNow assists users manage this task. Sign up for an account and get legally-binding eSignatures and the capability to close deals without face-to-face meetings.
Is eSignature legal?Sure. eSignature is a valid, legally-binding, and enforceable symbol. According to the UETA and ESIGN regulations, no document can be declined by the court because of an electronic signature.
How much will it cost to use an eSignature solution?The airSlate SignNow Basic subscription starts at $8 monthly if billed annually. Employing this plan, you can sign documents online and send them for signing. Moreover, you can use the airSlate SignNow mobile app, create web templates, and eSign PDFs.
How do I get an eSignature?Create an eSignature in clicks, in contrast to a digital signature for which you need to produce a certificate first. Sign in to airSlate SignNow, upload a PDF or choose any of the ones that you have in your account. Utilize the My Signature option and pick a signing method. Your signature is instantly saved to your profile.
Is a typed name an eSignature?To solve the ambiguity, just typing your name on a document isn't the same as signing it. But when it comes to a digital procedure, you can create an eSignature via different methods. To make a typed signature, utilize the My Signature tool in airSlate SignNow and click Type. Then type your name and place it anywhere in your PDF.
Can my eSignature be anything?Going with a legal definition, an eSignature is any symbol or word that digitally connects a signer to a signed papers. Consequently, you can create an eSignature that suits you without the formatting demands.
Does a signature have to be in cursive?There are no demands for how an eSignature should look. It can be either a cursive signature or a typed one. Services like airSlate SignNow allow you to take a picture of your handwritten signature and upload it to a document. Once it’s uploaded via a secure platform like airSlate SignNow, it’s considered an eSignature.
What is a valid eSignature?An electronic signature has the same legal force as a handwritten one. You simply need to use an eSignature solution that complies with the ESIGN and UETA Regulations. Then any record that you sign is enforceable.
How to apply a digital signature to a PDF vs. with airSlate SignNow
How to fill out and eSign a a file electronically
Are you eager to discover how to apply a digital signature to a PDF? There’s a chance you can waste hours researching the required information online or choose a more handy option like airSlate SignNow. With airSlate SignNow, you can immediately execute documents and collect signatures.
To add a signature to a file without wasting your time and figuring out how to apply a digital signature to a PDF, follow these detailed instructions :
- Log into your account or create one.
- Select and upload your file in preferred file format.
- From the Fill Out Myself toolbox, click My Signature and generate your electronic autograph.
- Use other fields to fill out and annotate your paperwork.
- Head to Dashboard and select what you would like to do next with an executed document.
Gain more power over your eSignature workflows and ensure that your documents are completed on time and rightfully managed. Rather than learning how to apply a digital signature to a PDF, use airSlate SignNow, a versatile eSignature solution.
How to fill out and execute a document in Google
There are numerous guides on how to apply a digital signature to a PDF. But what if we told you there would be a chance for you to sign your documents from the ease of your preferred browser? With airSlate SignNow, you can turn Google Chrome into a powerful assistant for certifying papers in minutes.
Here's the best way to certify files in Google Chrome without having to search for additional information on how to apply a digital signature to a PDF:
- Find and set up the airSlate SignNow extension from Chrome Web Store.
- Select the document and hit the Open in airSlate SignNow button.
- Choose My signature, generate one and then> select Sign.
- Click Save and Close to use the needed adjustments.
- Download or send out the executed form via Gmail.
The airSlate SignNow's set of tools is not limited to certifying only. You can use the pre-drafted documents (or safely add your own), set up online fillable forms, set up document templates to use in the future, etc. Say goodbye to monotonous research on how to apply a digital signature to a PDF. Sign documents online at any time, from any device that works with Google Chrome.
How to eSign an emailed attachment in Gmail
In case you are curious about how to apply a digital signature to a PDF quickly, think about signing from within Gmail with the help of our add-on. It's easy, secure, and doesn't require printing or scanning. Moreover, you can certify the emailed attachments directly from your favorite email platform without toggling between different third-party services or downloading document modifying application.
Here is how you can complete and certify paperwork in Gmail without having to look for additional information on how to apply a digital signature to a PDF:
- Go to Google Workspace Marketplace and install the airSlate SignNow add-on.
- Open the emailed file and click on the airSlate SignNow symbol in the topper-right corner.
- Choose the needed fields to complete the document.
- Select My Signature and set up your virtual signature by entering and drawing, or adding one.
- Click on Save and close to apply and save the modifications.
Executing paperwork in Gmail is only one of the multiple methods to certify paperwork airSlate SignNow offers. No matter the gadget or operating system you use, airSlate SignNow is robust enough to let you easily and securely configure complex eSignature workflows with role-based signing, Audit Trail, and other valuable features. Now that you've figured out how you can eSign in Gmail, you no longer need to spend your time and efforts and look for information on how to apply a digital signature to a PDF on untrustworthy services.
How to eSign a document in a mobile browser
Are you curious how to apply a digital signature to a PDF when out and about? airSlate SignNow helps everyone to get the paperwork signed within minutes without having printing and scanning, and sending files back and forth. No matter where your working responsibilities may take you, you can handle your eSignature from anywhere with our solution for mobile browsers. No app download is needed.
Here is how you can complete and eSign documents using a mobile browser without having to search for extra information on how to apply a digital signature to a PDF:
- In your mobile browser, visit the airSlate SignNow website.
- Create an account with us or log in if you already have one .
- Tap anywhere on the form to put your signature.
- Start completing the form using the toolbar on the left.
- Tap Save & close as soon as you're through working with the form.
airSlate SignNow can be a life-saver if you're used to multitasking and being continuously out and about. You'll get all the needed features to sign, collect signatures, and manage eSignature workflows directly from your browser without learning how to apply a digital signature to a PDF. Get the most out of the airSlate SignNow for mobile browsers and enjoy more versatile and paperless ways of managing your documents.
How to complete a document on an iPhone
Executing a document is annoying and time-consuming, especially if you're not at your desk and don't have the needed solutions at hand. Instead of scrolling for relentlessly and finding out how to apply a digital signature to a PDF on the fly with minimal effort, you can use an all-in-one eSignature platform, airSlate SignNow iOS app. It allows you to quickly eSign and complete paperwork electronically from your phone or tablet, even when you're not connected to the internet.
Here is how you can complete and sign a document on your iPhone without having to look for additional details on how to apply a digital signature to a PDF:
- Visit App Store and install the airSlate SignNow app.
- Start importing a document by tapping the Create button at the bottom of your screen.
- Take a photo of your physical copy or add a digital one.
- Tap Myself > Signature and draw a signature with your finger.
- Tap Done as soon as finished > Save.
airSlate SignNow, a powerful eSignature solution. It comes with built-in document modifying, essential eSignature features, and a wide array of important capabilities, such as offline mode, in-person signing, Audit Trail, etc. Don't waste a minute on your “how to apply a digital signature to a PDF” research. Make the airSlate SignNow app a go-to solution for your day-to-day document-based workflows.
How to eSign a document utilizing an Android-run gadget
Would you like to learn how to apply a digital signature to a PDF on your Android device? No matter if you need to eSign on your phone frequently and require professional capabilities, or you are looking for one-time signing, airSlate SignNow got you covered. With the airSlate SignNow app for Android, you can easily create a legally-binding signature within minutes without switching to shady third-party tools.
Here is how you can complete and certify a form on any Android device without the need to look for additional information on how to apply a digital signature to a PDF:
- Go to Google Play and install the airSlate SignNow mobile app.
- Add a form or take a picture of the one that needs to be signed.
- Tap Signature to draw one and drag it to the area designated for signature.
- Review the certified form and tap the checkmark sign to save the changes.
- Download a copy to your phone or share it with other parties.
If you google “how to apply a digital signature to a PDF on your mobile phone phone effortlessly” you might find multiple options. Nevertheless, “easy” doesn’t necessarily ensure that the executed copy will be legally binding and professional-looking. Our award-winning solution allows anyone to add or request signatures using any Android device while remaining within the essential compliance standards and polices. Try airSlate SignNow today and learn how to take full advantage of it!