How to add signatures to PDF documents
Useful information about working with PDFs and eSignatures
Above all, you should know that official documents are safer to keep in PDF format to make sharing back and forth easier and more secure. A full-featured solution, like signNow, helps you manage PDF files efficiently. Easily add fillable fields to the document, set signing orders, and track each participant’s actions.
Using an eSignature in a business workflow:
- The title/name of the signer/organization. Adding a title(s) or name of the signer(s) or organization keeps things clear for every party. Use the Text field to name/rename.
- A personal signature. A good eSignature tool allows you to create your unique signature in three different ways; uploading an image of your signature, drawing your signature with your finger or stylus, and typing one into a text field with a handwritten font. Use the Signature field for adding your personal signature.
- Decoding a signature. To make sure that your electronic signature is valid and supported in court, you should keep as close to your passport/ID as possible by adding your initials at the end of the signature line. Use the Initial field to add your e-initials as an extra layer of confirmation.
An eSignature is inseparable from the document it’s added to. You cannot transfer a signature to a separate sheet/page if there is no text on it. Make sure while drafting/signing a document that you don’t eSign a blank page. And if for some reason two of your signatures wind of on the same page stack them with the newest signature on the bottom to show a sort of timeline or connection (top older, bottom newer/top first half of the page, bottom second half of the page).
How to sign PDFs remotely with signNow
Explore more about signNow’s security and compliance.
- How to add eSignatures on a desktop
- Enter your signNow account in a preferred browser.
- Open the needed document or template or upload a new one.
- Select the My Signature from the Edit & Sign menu to self-sign.
- Choose how to add your mark; by typing, drawing or uploading your handwritten signature.
- Place Signature fields for other parties to sign.
- Drag & drop text, initials and date fields.
- Add signers’ emails and share the record.
- How to eSign PDF documents on mobile
- Launch the signNow mobile app on your Android or iOS device.
- Choose the document from the list and tap Edit.
- Tap anywhere on the PDF’s page to make changes or add fields.
- Choose the Signature field menu.
- Draw your customized eSignature on the screen with your finger.
- Edit the doc, save the changes, and/or send the form out for others to sign.
Why is choosing a well known online solution for eSigning so important?
The best applications for electronic signature allow users to track the entire lifecycle of a document from the moment it was uploaded to the moment it was archived/deleted. signNow being a cloud-based, gives you much more than just a signature. It’s a feature-rich platform offering you all the tools you need to send web templates for signing to multiple recipients and track the progress with the help of reminders and an audit trail. The big plus for business is the possibility to invite users and to create teams in a single digital workspace for better collaboration on signature workflows.
How signNow solves customer pains
Users have shared their pain points with us and how signNow solves these challenges:
- Eliminates paper and paper-based expenses.
- Saves time and reduces errors with reusable, fillable PDF templates.
- Creates a collaborative environment for working with documents across an entire organization.
- Makes approving and sending contracts online on mobile or desktop simple.
- Automates complex workflows and gives full control over the entire process.
- Speeds up document turnover with the ability to collect signatures even when on the go.
- Features signing functions like bulk send, signing orders and role-based signing for multiple recipients.
- Integrates into popular productivity software using powerful API.
Easily test it out for yourself. Sign up today and start building automated eSignature workflows!
airSlate Business Cloud
Automate business processes with the ultimate suite of tools that are customizable for any use case.
- Award-winning eSignature. Approve, deliver, and eSign documents to conduct business anywhere and anytime.
- End-to-end online PDF editor. Create, edit, and manage PDF documents and forms in the cloud.
- All-in-one no-code solution. Create, automate, and deploy entire business processes in hours.