What does eIDAS mean for your business?
What does eIDAS stand for?
The EU has established several rules to ensure the appropriate level of security for electronic signatures, electronic seals, electronic documents and certificate services for website authentication are upheld. In a nutshell, any service that offers an eSignature tool should be capable of identifying the signatory with personal data used for authentication during the signing process. Service providers are liable for non-compliance with eIDAS’s requirements, and penalties/fines may be given to those who damage someone due to a lack of compliance.
Who does eIDAS apply to?
What are the directive’s primary requirements?
When all requirements are met, the service provider receives an eIDAS certificate. An electronic signature based on a qualified certificate issued in one EU country is recognized as a qualified electronic signature across the whole Union.
Does signNow meet these requirements?
signNow guarantees that:
- Any signature on a document has a digital trace that can identify the signatory.
- Every subsequent change of any document is recorded in the document’s history, which the sender can check at any time.
- That every signature is certified.
- eSigned contracts have legal force.
- Documents are stored on private servers for 7 years or for a time period requested by the user.
If this level of security seems insufficient to you, complicate the authentication process with a password, SMS or phone call.
How to apply an eSignature to a document
- Upload a PDF from your device or the cloud.
- Select the My Signature tool.
- Type, draw or upload your signature.
- Click Save and Close to apply changes
An electronic signature received through an eIDAS certified service is valid for any online activity: filing a tax return, enrolling in a foreign university, transferring funds, etc.
Moreover, with signNow you can embed a trustworthy eSignature solution into your app or website in minutes. The signNow API allows you to extend your workflows with a built-in signature, without having to write code or contact sales. Get started with the best eSignature solution now!
airSlate Business Cloud
Automate business processes with the ultimate suite of tools that are customizable for any use case.
- Award-winning eSignature. Approve, deliver, and eSign documents to conduct business anywhere and anytime.
- End-to-end online PDF editor. Create, edit, and manage PDF documents and forms in the cloud.
- All-in-one no-code solution. Create, automate, and deploy entire business processes in hours.