What file types can be uploaded?
signNow allows you to manage documents regardless of the device and operating system you use — by offering a range of useful editing tools for changing your files' content and further formatting.
In terms of what file types you’re allowed to upload, signNow supports all the popular document formats, including:
- PDF. Probably the most popular document format out there developed to present documents, including text formatting and images, in a manner independent of application software, hardware, and operating systems.
- DOCX. Another accessible format for documents used by Microsoft Word. It is the default file format for documents created by Windows PC users.
- PPTX. Files with PPTX extension are presentation files created using the popular Microsoft PowerPoint application primarily used to display content in a slideshow format.
- JPG. A JPG file is an image saved in a compressed image format standardized by the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG). It is commonly used for storing digital photos and by most digital cameras to save images.
- PNG. A PNG file is an image saved in the Portable Network Graphic (PNG) format. It contains a bitmap compressed with lossless compression. PNG files are used to store web graphics and images with transparent backgrounds.
Advantages of the PDF format
Once your document is uploaded to signNow, it is automatically converted to PDF format. Accordingly, every document you download from signNow will be saved to your device as a PDF file.
The reason for choosing PDF over other popular document formats is obvious. The PDF format was primarily designed to view documents and share them between users working on various platforms. PDF documents always have a fixed, hardware-independent layout. This enables users to view PDF files independently of the software, device, or operating system they’re using.
The advantages of the PDF format are as follows:
- PDFs are court-admissible. For an electronic document to be admissible in a legal proceeding, it must be created in a format that cannot be altered without leaving an electronic footprint. PDF format meets all legal requirements in a court of law. What’s more, the PDF format eliminates the need for additional hardware except for extra hard drive space.
- PDFs provide better document security. With the PDF format, organizations can apply password security at the document level. This allows for the emailing of documents between people or locations without the fear of an unauthorized person viewing the document.
- PDF files are compatible across multiple platforms. The PDF format represents a document independently of the hardware, operating system, and software used to create the original PDF file. Its cross-platform acceptability is another reason to use PDF when transferring data over a network.
- Most PDF viewers are free. An enormous advantage of PDF files is that they can be retrieved, viewed, and printed using freeware. They allow you to share documents easily with anyone inside and outside your organization with no additional expenses.
PDFs have already replaced paper documents in offices around the world. They're more flexible, portable, and convenient to use. Nearly every PDF-reading application features some method for signing documents and forms electronically. With the right tools and know-how, putting your autograph on a PDF and re-using that signature when you need it again is a breeze.