Find All You Need to Know: How to Sign a PDF
- Quick to start
- 24/7 support
Forward-thinking companies around the world trust signNow
Quick-start guide on how to sign a PDF
The signNow eSignature solution is here to replace your handwritten signature and streamline almost any paper-based, manual tasks. Signing documents electronically helps save time, decreases costs, and gives you the power to sign deals and business forms from anywhere and at any time, on any system. Continue reading to discover the best way to start improving your approval workflows and sign and send out documents for signature electronically.
Follow the steps below to find out how to sign a PDF:
- Launch your browser and go to signnow.com.
- Sign up for a free trial or log in utilizing your electronic mail or Google/Facebook credentials.
- Select User Avatar -> My Account at the top-right area of the webpage.
- Modify your User Profile with your personal data and adjusting settings.
- Create and manage your Default Signature(s).
- Get back to the dashboard webpage.
- Hover over the Upload and Create button and choose the needed option.
- Click on the Prepare and Send button next to the document's name.
- Type the name and email address of all signers in the pop-up screen that opens.
- Make use of the Start adding fields option to begin to modify file and self sign them.
- Click SAVE AND INVITE when completed.
- Continue to fine-tune your eSignature workflow employing more features.
It couldn't get any simpler to learn how to sign a PDF than it is with signNow. Register your profile, modify and sign templates, request signatures, and keep track of every activity taken to your documents.
How it works
Rate your experience
Find out how to sign a PDF with signNow
To handle your document management efficiently, you need to figure out how to sign a PDF. Otherwise, you risk getting confused with paperwork. Choosing a complex eSignature solution is crucial for your business. If you want professional document management that’s smooth, affordable, and safe, give signNow a shot.
signNow is instinctive, and you can start the process without having a learning curve of any kind. The platform delivers dozens of features to make eSignature workflows simpler. Uploading documents from the cloud, mass mailing documents, or creating a multi-subscriber workflow is several of the features you can use. Learn how to sign a PDF like a professional.
- Save your time. Printing and scanning, and also the physical delivery of papers are quickly getting stuff of the past. Now you can generate, send out, and eSign PDFs electronically in a few clicks.
- eSign on the go. Broaden the functionality of your smartphone and tablet with signNow. Set up the app, learn how to sign a PDF and manage forms and contracts from anywhere.
- Monitor templates. Know about changes going on in your PDFs. While using Audit Trail functionality, you can check the status of your records and figure out the time, email, and IP of those working with them.
- Integrate with your favorite programs. Embed your workflow into any third-party app and manage recurring processes from a single tab. Connect your account to Gmail and sign attachments using the signNow add-on.
- Team up. Work together on your projects with colleagues. Build group folders, invite employees, and include records to work on.
There are a variety of other alternatives available on the market that have eSignature, but learning how to sign a PDF with signNow is easy, safe ans affordable . Digitally transform your organization with superior signing assistance, mass mailing options, role-based signing orders, and much more.
Best ROI. Our customers achieve an average 7x ROI within the first six months.
Scales with your use cases. From SMBs to mid-market, signNow delivers results for businesses of all sizes.
Intuitive UI and API. Sign and send documents from your apps in minutes.
What’s the best way to learn how to sign a PDF?To start with signNow eSignature, all you need is an internet connection and a subscription. Register and get access to an user-friendly interface that makes eSigning any PDF simple.
Where can I discover more about how to sign a PDF?Create a signNow account and take a few Starter Tutorials to learn more. Upload a PDF and implement your newly obtained expertise. For additional information, explore the Help Center.
Do I need to know how to sign a PDF to handle deals online?More and more people are moving away from paper-based documen workflow, so to do business online, you need to learn how to sign a PDF. signNow helps users cope with this task. Create an account and get legally-binding eSignatures and the capability to close deals without having face-to-face meetings.
Is eSignature legal?Yes. eSignature is a valid, legally-binding, and enforceable sign. Based on the UETA and ESIGN polices, no document can be rejected by the court due to an eSignature.
How much does it cost to use an eSignature solution?The signNow Basic subscription begins at $8 monthly if billed annually. Using this plan, you can sign documents electronically and send out them for signing. Additionally, you can use the signNow mobile application, generate form templates, and eSign PDFs.
How do you get an eSignature?Generate an eSignature in clicks, unlike a digital signature for which you have to produce a certificate first. Log in to signNow, add a PDF file or select any of the ones that you have in your account. Use the My Signature option and select a signing method. Your signature is instantly saved to your profile.
Is a typed name an eSignature?To solve the ambiguity, just typing your name on a document isn't the same as signing it. But in terms of a digital procedure, you can create an eSignature via different ways. To make a typed signature, utilize the My Signature option in signNow and click Type. Then type your name and place it anywhere in your PDF file.
Can my eSignature be anything?Using a legal definition, an eSignature is any sign or word that electronically connects a signer to a signed document. Therefore, you can create an eSignature that suits you with no formatting demands.
Does a signature have to be in cursive?There are no demands for how an eSignature should look. It can be either a cursive signature or a typed one. Services like signNow enable you to take a picture of your handwritten signature and add it to a document. Once it’s uploaded via a secure platform like signNow, it’s considered an eSignature.
What is a valid electronic signature?An electronic signature has the same legal force as a handwritten one. You simply need to use an eSignature solution that complies with the ESIGN and UETA Regulations. Then any record that you sign is enforceable.
How to sign a PDF versus with signNow
How to complete and eSign a a file online
Are you eager to learn how to sign a PDF? There’s a chance you can waste a substantial amount of time finding the needed guides online or select a more convenient solution like signNow. With signNow, you can quickly sign paperwork and request signatures.
To sign a document without wasting your resources and learning how to sign a PDF, go through these step-by-step guidelines :
- Log into your account or set up one.
- Select and upload your document in preferred file format.
- Using the Fill Out Myself toolbox, hit My Signature and create your digitized autograph.
- Use other fields to fill out and annotate your document.
- Go to your Dashboard and pick what you would like to do next with an completed copy.
Get more control over your eSignature workflows and ensure that your paperwork are executed on time and rightfully handled. Rather than discovering how to sign a PDF, use signNow, a multipurpose eSignature solution.
How to complete and sign a document in Google
There are plenty of guides on how to sign a PDF. But what if we told you that you could add a signature to your paperwork from the ease of your preferred browser? With signNow, you can turn Google Chrome into a powerful assistant for certifying documents in minutes.
Here's the best way to certify files in Google Chrome without the need to look for additional information on how to sign a PDF:
- Locate and install the signNow extension from Chrome Web Store.
- Select the document and hit the Open in signNow button.
- Choose My signature, generate one and then> select Sign.
- Hit Save and Close to use the required adjustments.
- Download or send out the executed form via Gmail.
The signNow's set of features is not limited to certifying only. You can use the pre-uploaded papers (or safely import your own), set up online fillable forms, configure document templates to use repeatedly, etc. Put an end monotonous research on how to sign a PDF. Certify paperwork electronically anytime, from any platform that works with Google Chrome.
How to eSign an emailed attachment in Gmail
If you are curious about how to sign a PDF easily, think about certifying from within Gmail with the help of our add-on. It's straightforward, safe, and doesn't require printing or scanning. In addition, you can certify the received document directly from your favorite email service without toggling between different third-party vendors or downloading document modifying application.
Here is how you can complete and sign documents in Gmail without having to search for additional information on how to sign a PDF:
- Visit Google Workspace Marketplace and get the signNow add-on.
- Open the emailed document and hit the signNow icon in the topper-right corner.
- Choose the required fields to complete the document.
- Choose My Signature and set up your virtual autograph by entering and drawing, or adding one.
- Click on Save and close to apply and save the changes.
Signing paperwork in Gmail is only one of the numerous ways to certify documents signNow provides. Regardless of the gadget or operating system you use, signNow is powerful enough to enable you to rapidly and securely configure complex eSignature workflows with role-based execution, Audit Trail, and other important features. Now that you've discovered how to eSign in Gmail, you no longer need to spend your time and efforts and look for information on how to sign a PDF on unreliable services.
How to eSign a document in a mobile browser
Are you curious how to sign a PDF on the run? signNow enables everyone to get the forms signed in minutes without the need of printing and scanning, and sharing files back and forth. No matter where your working tasks may take you, you can manage your eSignature from anywhere with our service for mobile browsers. No application installation is needed.
Here is the best way to complete and eSign paperwork in a mobile browser without having to search for extra details on how to sign a PDF:
- In your mobile browser, go to the signNow website.
- Create an account with us or sign in if you already have one .
- Tap anywhere on the document to add your signature.
- Start completing the document utilizing the toolbar on the left.
- Tap Save & close as soon as you're done dealing with the copy.
signNow can be a life-saver if you're used to doing many things at a time and being continuously out and about. You'll get all the needed tools to sign, request signatures, and manage eSignature workflows right from your browser without figuring out how to sign a PDF. Take the full advantage of the signNow for mobile browsers and enjoy more versatile and eco-friendly ways of managing your paperwork.
How to certify a document on an iPhone
Certify a form is frustrating and time-consuming, especially if you're not at your desk and don't have the right tools at your fingertips. Instead of scrolling for hours and finding out how to sign a PDF on the fly with minimal input, you can use a universal eSignature platform, signNow iOS app. It allows you to easily eSign and complete documents online from your phone or tablet, even when you're offline.
Here is how you can complete and sign a form on your iPhone without having to look for extra information on how to sign a PDF:
- Visit App Store and install the signNow application.
- Start adding a form by tapping the Create button at the bottom of your screen.
- Take a photo of your physical copy or add a digital one.
- Tap Myself > Signature and draw a signature using your finger.
- Tap Done as soon as finished > Save.
signNow, a robust eSignature application. It comes with built-in form modifying, essential eSignature tools, and a wide array of valuable features, including offline mode, in-person signing, Audit Trail, etc. Don't waste a minute on your “how to sign a PDF” research. Make the signNow application a go-to tool for your day-to-day document-based workflows.
How to eSign a form using an Android-run gadget
Would you like to learn how to sign a PDF on your Android device? Whether you need to eSign on your phone on a regular basis and need pro-level capabilities, or you are searching for one-off signing, signNow got you covered. With the signNow app for Android, you can easily create a legally-binding signature in seconds without switching to unreliable third-party solutions.
Here is how you can complete and certify a form on any Android device without the need to look for additional information on how to sign a PDF:
- Go to Google Play and set up the signNow app.
- Add a form or take a picture of the one that needs to be executed.
- Tap Signature to draw one and drag it to the area designated for signature.
- Look over the certified form and tap the checkmark sign to save the changes.
- Download an executed form to your phone or share it with other parties.
If you google “how to sign a PDF on your mobile phone phone with ease” you might find many options. However, “easy” doesn’t necessarily ensure that the executed copy will be legally binding and professional-looking. Our award-winning solution enables anyone to add or request signatures utilizing any Android device while staying within the essential compliance standards and regulations. Try signNow now and learn how to make best use of it!