Find All You Need to Know: Sign PDF Docs
- Quick to start
- 24/7 support
Forward-thinking companies around the world trust signNow
Quick-start guide on how to sign PDF docs
Every business needs signatures, and every business is looking to optimize the procedure of collecting them. Get accurate document management with signNow. You can sign PDF docs, create fillable web templates, customize eSignature invites, send out signing links, collaborate in teams, and a lot more. Figure out how to simplify the collection of signatures digitally.
Complete the following steps below to sign PDF docs in minutes:
- Open your browser and go to signnow.com.
- Join for a free trial run or log in utilizing your electronic mail or Google/Facebook credentials.
- Select User Avatar -> My Account at the top-right corner of the webpage.
- Customize your User Profile with your personal data and adjusting settings.
- Design and manage your Default Signature(s).
- Go back to the dashboard webpage.
- Hover over the Upload and Create button and choose the appropriate option.
- Click the Prepare and Send option next to the document's title.
- Enter the name and email address of all signers in the pop-up window that opens.
- Make use of the Start adding fields option to begin to edit file and self sign them.
- Click on SAVE AND INVITE when accomplished.
- Continue to customize your eSignature workflow using more features.
It couldn't be easier to sign PDF docs than that. Also, you can install the free signNow app to your mobile phone and gain access to your profile from any location you are without being tied to your computer or workplace. Go paperless and begin signing documents online.
How it works
Rate your experience
Level up your workflow and sign PDF docs with signNow
To deal with your document management easily, you need to be able to sign PDF docs. Otherwise, you risk getting overwhelmed with documentation. Getting a complex eSignature solution is essential for your company. If you want advanced document management that’s fast, reasonably priced, and secure, give signNow a try.
signNow is intuitive, and you can start the process without having a learning curve of any type. The service offers many features to create eSignature workflows simpler. Uploading files from the cloud, mass sending documents, or building a multi-subscriber workflow is several of the features you can use. sign PDF docs with signNow for advanced document workflows.
- Save time. Printing and scanning, and the physical delivery of documents are quickly getting stuff of the past. Now you can generate, send out, and eSign PDFs online in a few clicks.
- eSign on the go. Increase the functionality of your smartphone and tablet with signNow. Install the mobile app and sign PDF docs from any place.
- Keep track of templates. Be aware of changes occurring within your PDFs. Using the Audit Trail function, you can check the status of your templates and also figure out the time, email, and IP of those working with them.
- Integrate with your preferred programs. Embed your workflow into any third-party app and operate habitual processes from one tab. Connect your account to Gmail and sign PDFs with the signNow add-on.
- Team up. Collaborate on your projects with colleagues. Create group folders, invite employees, and include files to work on.
There are lots of other alternatives on the market that help you to sign PDF docs, but signNow provides you with a comprehensive eSignature workflow. Electronically transform your organization with advanced signing assistance, mass sending options, role-based signing orders, and even more.
Best ROI. Our customers achieve an average 7x ROI within the first six months.
Scales with your use cases. From SMBs to mid-market, signNow delivers results for businesses of all sizes.
Intuitive UI and API. Sign and send documents from your apps in minutes.
How can I sign PDF docs and handle documents electronically?To sign PDF docs, you need a reliable eSignature platform that encompasses the features your organization needs to signNow its objectives. No matter which service you choose, make sure it’s established to match the rules and certifications essential for legally-binding eSignature (e.g., ESIGN, UETA and HIPAA, etc.).
What is the fastest method to sign PDF docs?To quickly sign PDF docs, use a cloud-based eSignature platform like signNow. Benefit from an intuitive interface that makes eSigning and sending documents for eSigning easy and fast. Get a legally-binding eSignature every time.
Can I sign PDF docs without registration?Any user who receives a signature invite from signNow can sign PDF docs even if they don’t have a signNow account. Once you get a signing request via electronic mail, signing link, and so on, open it, agree to to do business digitally (eSign), and follow the built-in signing guidance. After you fill in all your assigned fields, click Done, and copies of the document will be delivered to you and the document’s author.
Do I require witnesses to sign PDF docs?Based on the record type, your signature may or may not need to be witnessed. Generally, no witnesses are required for an electronic signature. However, a witness’s signature may be required when it comes to notarization.
Where do you need to sign PDF docs?To sign PDF docs, you need to create a signature with signNow. Then open your template and eSign it with the My Signature tool.
How do you get an eSignature?Create an eSignature in clicks, in contrast to a digital signature for which you have to generate a certificate first. Log in to signNow, upload a PDF or select any of those that you have in your account. Utilize the My Signature option and select a signing method. Your signature is automatically saved to your user profile.
Is a typed name an eSignature?To eliminate the ambiguity, just typing your name on a record isn't the same as putting your signature on it. But with regards to a digital process, you can create an eSignature via different methods. To create a typed signature, use the My Signature option in signNow and click Type. Then enter your name and put it anywhere in your PDF file.
Can my eSignature be anything?Using a legal definition, an eSignature is any mark or word that electronically connects a signer to a signed document. As a result, you can create an eSignature that suits you without the formatting requirements.
Does a signature have to be in cursive?There are no demands for how an eSignature should look. It can be either a cursive signature or a typed one. Services like signNow allow you to take a photo of your handwritten signature and upload it to a record. Once it’s uploaded via a secure platform like signNow, it’s considered an eSignature.
What is a valid electronic signature?An electronic signature provides the same legal power as a handwritten one. You just need to use an eSignature service that complies with the ESIGN and UETA Requirements. Then any document that you sign is enforceable.
Ways to sign PDF docs with signNow
How to fill out and sign forms online
signNow enables you to easily sign PDF docs and handle your paperwork online with 24/7-access your records. The tool has a easy-to-use interface, so it will take you only a couple of clicks to complete your work.
Follow the steps below to sign PDF docs:
- Log in to your signNow account or create it and start a free trial.
- Click the Upload or Create option to add a file that requires eSigning.
- Open the form and complete it with the editing tools available.
- Drop the My Signature field where it should appear and select how you wish to sign.
- Type your name, draw it, or upload a picture of your signature.
- Click Save and Close to end up with editing.
It’s easy to sign PDF docs with signNow. When you complete modifying your forms, they will become available for you in your account whenever you need them.
How to complete and sign forms in Google Chrome
If you prefer working in Google Chrome, you can sign PDF docs quicker than ever. signNow has a specific extension for the Chrome browser that helps you deal with your forms without switching between several tabs and tools.
Follow the actions below to sign PDF docs:
- Navigate to Chrome Web Store and install the signNow extension.
- Right-click on a link to a web form and select Open in signNow.
- Log in or sign up for an account with signNow.
- Fill out the blanks and add more fillable fields for others to fill out.
- Drop My Signature where it should appear and choose your preferred method of signing.
- Click on Save and Close to finish editing the file.
Not only can you sign PDF docs with signNow but also create multi-usable templates. Save hours of your working time with powerful eSignature capabilities embedded right into your browser settings.
How to complete and sign forms in Gmail
Instead of constantly downloading or printing email attachments that need to be signed, you can easily avoid it and sign PDF docs. The solution is to install the signNow add-on for Gmail and handle your documents in clicks without leaving your inbox.
Follow the actions below to sign PDF docs:
- Open Google Workspace Marketplace and find the signNow add-on for Gmail.
- Install the tool and grant access to your Gmail account.
- Open an email with an attached form and click on the blue S icon.
- Log in to your signNow account or create it to continue.
- Click UPLOAD to open the editor or utilize the SEND TO SIGN option.
- Complete, eSign, and save changes to your file with a dedicated option.
Our add-on for Gmail is a great solution for everyone who gets tons of documentation for eSigning by email. It’s secure, quick, and user-friendly, enabling you to handle your paperwork more efficiently. Give it a try!
How to complete and sign forms in a mobile browser
There’s no need to install additional software on your mobile device to sign PDF docs. signNow eSignature solution works from the cloud and can be easily utilized from any mobile device from a browser.
Follow the steps below to sign PDF docs:
- Go to the www.signnow.com page in your mobile browser.
- Sign up for an account or log in if you already have one.
- Tap Upload or Create to import a sample to the editor.
- Complete the form and insert additional fields for other individuals to fill out if needed.
- Use the My Signature tool to eSign your sample.
- Click on Save and Close to finish editing.
When you sign PDF docs with signNow, you can share completed documents with partners and clients, rapidly collect legally-binding electronic signatures via email or signing links, generate templates, and many more. Save time and effort and manage your paperwork effectively!
How to fill out and sign documents on iOS
When you need to sign PDF docs while on the go, signNow’s application for iOS devices is really beneficial. It allows you to easily complete paperwork, collect eSignatures, and close agreements on your iPhone or iPad, even if you lose your internet connection.
Follow the actions below to sign PDF docs:
- Go to App Store and install the signNow eSignature app on your device.
- Create an account or log in with your credentials.
- Import a file that requires electronic signature with the Create button.
- Complete the document using the available instruments for text, initials, and so on.
- Use the Signature key to eSign your file in a preferred way.
- Tap on Done when everything is ready.
When you sign PDF docs with signNow, all your files are securely kept in your account, so you can access them at any time. If you eSigned a sample or sent it for approval while being off the internet, simply sync your account when you’re online again to save adjustments. Try it now!
How to fill out and sign forms on Android
If you’re looking for an easy way to sign PDF docs on an Android-operated device, set up the signNow application. It lets you quickly fill out and sign any paperwork and send it to other people for approval, even when you’re off the internet.
Follow the steps below to sign PDF docs with a smartphone:
- Open Google Play, find signNow, and set up the tool on your device.
- Open the program and tap on the + key to import a file from the gallery or the cloud.
- Tap on Open in Editor → Myself or Myself and Others.
- Fill out the blank fields, then tap on Signature and place it where you need to eSign.
- Finish altering your paperwork by tapping on the checkmark symbol (✔).
Once you sign PDF docs, you can download the copy, email it to other individuals to invite them to approve it, export it to the cloud, or generate a template. signNow makes it easy to deal with forms on a smartphone. Try it now!