Add Initials to Your Document for eSignature
How to add an initials field to a document with airSlate SignNow
Make it easy for recipients to eSign your documents with their initials by using a dedicated fillable field.
Use the document editor to add fillable fields
To open a document in the airSlate SignNow editor, click More > Open next to its name or simply double-click it. Then, select the Initials Field in the toolbar on the left and place the field by clicking anywhere on the document. You can easily resize the field by dragging its edges or moving it across the page. Once finished, click OK.
Configure fillable fields in seconds
Click on the initials field to see its settings in the right-hand sidebar:
- Make the field required by checking the Required box.
- If you have multiple signers, assign one of the signing roles to the field by using the Role dropdown.
- Go to the Advanced section to give the field a unique name or to make it conditional.
- In the Location section, adjust the field’s positioning by setting margins in pixels.
Send documents for signing in a couple of clicks
Once you have added the initials field, save and close the document or send it for eSigning by clicking Invite to Sign in the top right corner of the editor’s interface. Then, enter your signer’s email address, add CC recipients if needed, and hit the Send Invite button.
See airSlate SignNow eSignatures in action
Choose a better solution
Take routine paperwork off your plate with airSlate SignNow
Online signature service
Fillable template creator
Ability to add initials to your document
Our user reviews speak for themselves
airSlate SignNow solutions for better efficiency
Why choose airSlate SignNow
Free 7-day trial. Choose the plan you need and try it risk-free.
Honest pricing for full-featured plans. airSlate SignNow offers subscription plans with no overages or hidden fees at renewal.
Enterprise-grade security. airSlate SignNow helps you comply with global security standards.
The add initials to your document feature in airSlate SignNow: taking SMB-contract negotiation to the next level
Eliminate paperwork and switch to online form creation and signature collection. Try airSlate SignNow, a smart tool that makes your document management smooth and easy. Make documents of any kind easily fillable: utilize the add initials to your document feature, add various custom fields, and set up them with rules and conditions according to your needs.
Follow the instructions below on how to use the add initials to your document feature:
- Log in to your airSlate SignNow account or register it.
- Click on the Upload Documents button at the top of the screen.
- Open your sample and find the Tools menu on the left.
- Add various fillable fields to your document such as Text, Checkbox, Date/Time, Initials and Dropdown, Radio Button Group, Calculated one, and others by clicking on the corresponding option and drop it to the place you need it to appear.
- Set it as the required one, if needed, and apply other additional settings, using the} toolbar on the right. Click Ok to adjust it.
- Insert a Signature Field. Drop as many as you need. Click on each of them, assign roles, make them required or conditional by using the Signature menu on the right.
- Collect other supportive documents by adjusting a Request Attachment option from the left-hand menu. Make it required or optional, or set the conditions to show it to your signee.
- Click Save and Close to finish editing.
- Select how you will share your sample. Use the Invite to Sign button to send it to your colleagues and partners, or clients’ emails, or Create Signing Link to post it on your website and share it with more users.
It’s easy to customize documents of any kind. Take advantage of the add initials to your document functionality to create new forms and templates. Send it to your recipients, and once the form is completed and signed, you'll automatically get it back with an email notification. Streamline collaboration with your teams, partners, and clients by sending them contracts, orders, reports and applications and other forms for signing, which they can quickly fill out and sign effortlessly. Save your precious time and efforts with airSlate SignNow. Give it a try!
How it works
See exceptional results initial signature example
How to complete and sign a document online
Enjoy the fastest method to add initials to your document. Prevent paper-based workflows and deal with documents right from airSlate SignNow. Make ready and share your documents from your office or effortlessly while on the go. No installing or more software needed. All benefits can be found online, just go to signnow.com and create your personal eSignature process.
A short guide on how to add initials to your document in minutes
- Make an airSlate SignNow profile (in the event you haven't registered yet) or sign in with your Google or Facebook.
- Simply click Upload and choose one of the PDF files.
- Use the My Signature instrument to make your unique signature.
- Transform the document into a dynamic PDF with fillable fields.
- Submit your form and then click Done.
After done, send an invite to sign to multiple recipients. Have an enforceable commitment within a few minutes employing any gadget. Find much more tools to make specialist PDFs; put fillable fields add initials to your document and work together in teams. The eSignature service offers a reliable process and operates according to SOC 2 Type II Certification. Make sure that all of your records are guarded and that no person can change them.
How to eSign a PDF template in Google Chrome
Are you searching for a service to add initials to your document from Chrome? The airSlate SignNow extension for Google is here to help you. Find a PDF file and right from your web browser very easily open it up in the editor. Add more fillable fields for text and eSignature. eSign the PDF template and share it securely according to GDPR, SOC 2 Type II Certification and more.
Applying this simple how-to guide under, broaden your eSignature process into Google and add initials to your document:
- Go to the Chrome web store and select the airSlate SignNow extension.
- Simply click Add to Chrome.
- Log in to the profile or create a new one.
- Upload a PDF and click Open in airSlate SignNow.
- Change the document.
- Sign the PDF file making use of the My Signature instrument.
- Simply click Done to confirm the edits.
- Bring other users to sign by simply clicking Invite to Sign and deciding on their emails/names.
Create a signature that's built in to the workflow to add initials to your document and get PDFs eSigned within a few minutes. Leave behind the piles of paper reports sitting on your workdesk and begin saving money and time for extra crucial tasks. Selecting the airSlate SignNow Google extension is a great handy choice with many different advantages.
How to sign an attachment in Gmail
If you're like most, you're used to downloading the PDFs you get, printing them out and then signing them, isn't it? Well, we have good news for you. Putting your signature on PDF files inside your mailbox just got less complicated. The airSlate SignNow add-on for Gmail allows you to add initials to your document without the need of leaving your mailbox. Do everything that you need; add fillable fields and share signing links in a few clicks.
How you can add initials to your document in Gmail:
- Get airSlate SignNow for Gmail within the from the G Suite Marketplace and then click Install.
- Log in to the airSlate SignNow profile or create a new one.
- Open up your inbox with the PDF you want to eSign.
- Click on Upload to save the PDF to the airSlate SignNow account.
- Click Open document to start the editor.
- Sign the PDF file making use of My Signature.
- Send a signing request to the other participants with the Send to Sign button.
- Enter their email address and click OK.
As a result, the other customers will receive message telling them to eSign the document. No requirement to download the PDF file repeatedly, just add initials to your document in clicks. This add-one is perfect for users who choose concentrating on more essential goals as an alternative to wasting time for nothing. Boost your day-to-day compulsory labour with the award-winning eSignature service.
How to eSign a PDF template on the go without an application
For a lot of service, getting deals accomplished on the go means the installation of an app on your phone. We're happy to say at airSlate SignNow we've created singing on the go quicker and much easier by eliminating the necessity for a mobile app. To eSign, start your browser (any mobile browser) and try out direct access to airSlate SignNow and its powerful eSignature instruments. Modify docs, add initials to your document and much more. No installing or additional software needed. Close your deal from everywhere.
Have a look at our step-by-step guidelines that show you how to add initials to your document.
- Open up your mobile browser and visit signnow.com.
- Sign in or create a new account.
- Upload or open up the document you wish to modify.
- Put fillable fields for text, eSignature and date.
- Draw, type or upload your eSignature.
- Click Save and Close.
- Just click Invite to Sign and enter a recipient's electronic address if you require others to eSign the PDF file.
Close deals with mobile is the same as on a laptop: build a reusable template, add initials to your document and manage the documentation as you would normally. In several clicks, receive an enforceable deal that you can download to your internal storage and send to others. However, if you want an application, download the airSlate SignNow mobile app. It's comfortable, fast and has an excellent interface. Try out easy eSignature workflows from your office, in a taxi or on an airplane.
How to sign a PDF using an iPhone
iOS is an extremely well-known operating system packed with native tools. It enables you to sign and modify PDFs utilizing Preview with no additional application. However, as excellent as Apple's option is, it doesn't provide any automation. Increase your iPhone's functionality by taking advantage of the airSlate SignNow app. Use your iPhone or iPad to add initials to your document and much more. Present eSignature automation to your mobile processes.
Putting your signature by using an iPhone has never been so easy:
- Get the airSlate SignNow app from the AppStore and install it.
- Create a new profile or log in with your Facebook or Google.
- Click Plus and add the PDF file you would like to eSign.
- Click on the PDF exactly where you need to insert your signature.
- Explore additional features: put fillable fields or add initials to your document.
- Utilize the Save button to apply the changes.
- Share your PDF files through email or a singing link.
Create a professional PDFs from your airSlate SignNow application. Get the best from your efforts and job from anywhere; in your house, the workplace, on a bus or airplane, and even at the beach. Manage an entire PDf file workflow easily: generate reusable templates, add initials to your document and work on PDF files with business partners. Turn your device into a highly effective organization for executing deals.
How to eSign a PDF using an Android
For Android users to manage agreements using their device, they need to install additional software program. The Play Market is vast and plump with choices, so choosing an effective application isn't too difficult in case you have a chance to look through hundreds of applications. To save your time and avoid disappointment, we recommend airSlate SignNow for Android. Save and edit PDFs, generate signing roles, as well as add initials to your document.
The 9 simple steps to improving your mobile workflow:
- Open up the app.
- Sign in with your Facebook or Google profiles or create a new if you haven't authorized yet.
- Simply click + to add your record with your camera, internal or cloud storages.
- Click anyplace on the PDF file and put in your eSignature.
- Click on OK to agree and eSign.
- Try a lot more modifying functions; add more images, add initials to your document, build a reusable template, and many others.
- Click on Save to apply changes once you finish.
- Download the PDf file or send out it through mail.
- Use the Invite to sign tool if you wish to set & send out a signing order to users.
Change the mundane and routine into easy and smooth with the airSlate SignNow mobile app for smartphone. Sign and send templates for eSignature from any place you're connected to the internet. Create professional-looking PDFs and add initials to your document with a few clicks. Come up with a perfect eSignature process using only your mobile phone and enhance your general productivity.
Get legally-binding signatures now!
FAQs digital initials
How do I make sure my recipients place signatures correctly?With airSlate SignNow, you decide where exactly your signers can add their data, including eSignatures and initials. Simply insert fillable fields wherever you need them in your documents, and recipients will be able to fill out these fields by following the signing order you’ve pre-set. Configuring signing roles will help you assign fields to specific signers. Besides, you can send documents for signing without adding any fillable fields at all by using freeform invites. In this case, your recipients will be able to add their signatures to documents wherever they see fit.
What is a fillable field?Fillable fields are boxes to which your signers can add their data. airSlate SignNow allows you to use text fields, signature fields, date/time fields, calculated fields, initials fields, checkbox fields, radio button groups, dropdown fields, and attachment request fields. To add them to a document, select the type of field you need from the left-hand toolbar in the editor and drop it anywhere on your document.
How do I add a fillable field to a document?Open your document in the airSlate SignNow editor and select the fillable field you need from the toolbar on the left. Then, click anywhere on the document to place the field. You can adjust its size and placement as needed. When finished, click OK.
What is a freeform invite and how do I send it?A freeform invite allows your recipients to place eSignatures and other data wherever they see fit in your document. To send a freeform invite, upload a document to airSlate SignNow, click on it, and select Freeform Invite in the sidebar on the right. Then, add your recipient’s email address and click Send Invite.
What is a signing role?A signer role is essentially a signer profile that you authorize to eSign your document or fill out its fields. With airSlate SignNow, you can assign signer roles for each field in a document. Thus, your signers will fill in the correct fields with the correct data while avoiding confusion or errors. In addition, you can collect eSignatures in a few steps based on your signer role distribution.
What is a conditional field?A conditional field in airSlate SignNow is a fillable field of any type that becomes available for filling out only after a predefined condition has been met (e.g., if another field is completed or a specific value is added to it).
How do I make a field required?In the airSlate SignNow editor, click on the fillable field that you need to make required and check the Required box in the sidebar on the right.
How do I send documents for signing?Upload a document to airSlate SignNow and open it in the editor. Select Signature Field in the left-hand sidebar and click anywhere on the document to place a signature field. Then, click Invite to Sign in the top right corner of the screen, enter the recipient’s email address, and hit Send Invite.