Secure Files with Unique Document IDs to Sign Safely
How to retrieve a Document ID with signNow
Document IDs are helpful whenever you need to find a specific file among all the documents stored on your signNow account. In addition, Document IDs are essential for security and audit purposes, allowing you to protect documents from tampering.
View and copy a Document ID
Click More next to a document and select Copy Document ID from the dropdown.
A Document ID will appear in the pop-up window so you can easily copy it in one click.
Also, Document IDs appear in History logs (click More > History).
Use IDs to search for documents
Paste a Document ID in the search bar to easily find your document. Make sure the Document ID filter is enabled before searching.
See signNow eSignatures in action
Choose a better solution
Take routine paperwork off your plate with signNow
Online signature service
Fillable form maker
Ability to secure files with unique document ids
Our user reviews speak for themselves
signNow solutions for better efficiency
Why choose signNow
Free 7-day trial. Choose the plan you need and try it risk-free.
Honest pricing for full-featured plans. signNow offers subscription plans with no overages or hidden fees at renewal.
Enterprise-grade security. signNow helps you comply with global security standards.
Protect your documents with the secure files with unique document ids feature in signNow
Managing deals electronically is fast, easy, and cost-effective. But you've already heard all this. What really matters is safety. Hundreds of companies are exposed to cyber attacks every day, so it's important to ensure that your document management and eSignature solution is secure and well-protected.
signNow complies with GDPR, 21 CFR Part 11, SOC 2 Type II certification, and other national and international regulations. That means the service processes and stores your personal data according to the global standards. Moreover, the service provides you with beneficial features, such as the secure files with unique document ids tool for further protecting your data and records. Look at the guidelines below to handle your deals online safely.
How to use the secure files with unique document ids option:
- Open the document that you want to encrypt.
- Start editing and add fillable fields for an eSignature, date and text or other attachment (such as a photo).
- Insert your information and eSign the template if needed.
- When the editing is over, click Invite to Sign, and the changes will be saved automatically.
- Enter the recipient's email address and customize a message for them if you want.
- Click Advanced Options below to level up protection.
- In the Authentication field, select the method that suits you and your customer or partner (via a call, SMS, or password).
- Note, if you choose password authentication, you'll need to share it with your recipient directly.
- Set an expiration date and send the invitation.
- Remember to exit the app when finished or set up automatic logout.
Transferring documents through signNow is safer than delivering them physically. You can also check your Document History whenever you want to know who opened and signed a PDF and when they did it. Find out how to improve security and protect your contracts, agreements and invoices with signNow. Try out the secure files with unique document ids feature now and create a reliable eSignature workflow for any team, including HR, IT, Finance, in just clicks!
How it works
See exceptional results document security icon
How to submit and eSign a PDF online
Check out the quickest approach to secure files with unique document ids. Avoid paper-based workflows and manage PDF files from signNow. Fill out and share your PDFs from your workplace or easily while on the go. No installing or extra software required. All benefits can be found online, go to signnow.com and make your own eSignature process.
A quick instructions concerning how to secure files with unique document ids in minutes
- Register a signNow account (in the event you haven't registered yet) or log in with your Google or Facebook.
- Click on Upload and select your PDFs.
- Use the My Signature tool to insert your unique signature.
- Transform the template in a dynamic PDF with fillable fields.
- Complete your contract and click Done.
Once done, send out an invite to sign to multiple users. Have an enforceable contract within a few minutes employing any gadget. Discover much more features for producing impressive PDFs; add more fillable fields secure files with unique document ids and collaborate in teams. The eSignature service gives a protected process and functions in accordance with SOC 2 Type II Certification. Be sure that all of your records are protected and that no one can edit them.
How to eSign a PDF file in Google Chrome
Are you looking for a service to secure files with unique document ids from Chrome? The signNow extension for Google is here now to help. Find a PDF file and right from your browser easily open it with the editor. Add more fillable fields for text and signature. Sign the PDF file and share it securely according to GDPR, SOC 2 Type II Certification and more.
Applying this quick how-to guide below, expand your eSignature process into Google and secure files with unique document ids:
- Check out the Chrome web store and find the signNow extension.
- Simply click Add to Chrome.
- Sign in to your account or register a new one.
- Upload a PDF and then click Open in signNow.
- Adjust the document.
- Sign the PDF file using the My Signature tool.
- Just click Done to make edits.
- Invite other users to eSign by clicking on Invite to Sign and selecting their email addresses/names.
Create a signature that's built in to the processes to secure files with unique document ids and receive PDFs eSigned within a few minutes. Say goodbye to the piles of papers located on your workdesk and start saving time and money for more crucial duties. Choosing the signNow Google extension is a smart convenient option with a lot of advantages.
How to sign an attachment in Gmail
If you're like the majority of, you're used to downloading the PDFs you receive, printing them out and after that signing them, correct? Fine, we certainly have very good news to suit your needs. Signing PDF files inside your inbox just became less complicated. The signNow add-on for Gmail allows you to secure files with unique document ids without leaving your inbox. Do everything that you need; put fillable fields and share signing links in a couple of clicks.
How you can secure files with unique document ids in Gmail:
- Choose signNow for Gmail in the G Suite Marketplace and click on Install.
- Sign in to the signNow account or create a new one.
- Open up your message with the PDF you should eSign.
- Click on Upload if you want to save the PDF to the signNow profile.
- Click Open document to open the editor.
- Sign the PDF file taking advantage of My Signature.
- Send a signing links for the other members with the Send to Sign option.
- Put in their email and click OK.
As a result, the other clients will receive notifications telling them to eSign the document. No reason to download the PDF file time and time again, just secure files with unique document ids in a couple of clicks. This add-one is ideal for people who choose concentrating on more valuable goals as an alternative to burning time for practically nothing. Increase your day-to-day routine with the award-winning eSignature solution.
How to sign a PDF on the go with no mobile app
For a lot of solutions, getting deals done on the go means installing an application on the smartphone. We're pleased to say at signNow we've made singing on the go faster and easier by reducing the demand for an application. To eSign, open your browser (any mobile browser) and get direct access to signNow and all its highly-effective eSignature features. Edit docs, secure files with unique document ids and more. No installment or additional software needed. Manage your contracts from anywhere.
Check out our brief guidelines that show you how you can secure files with unique document ids.
- Open your browser and visit signnow.com.
- Log in or register a new account.
- Add or open the PDF you wish to modify.
- Put fillable fields for textual content, signature and date.
- Draw, type or upload your eSignature.
- Click on Save and Close.
- Click on Invite to Sign and put in a recipient's electronic address if you want other people to sign the PDF.
Working on documents with mobile is the same as with a computer: build a reusable template, secure files with unique document ids and handle the documentation as you would usually. In a few clicks, receive an enforceable agreement that you can download to the device and send to other people. But, if you really want an application, download the signNow mobile app. It's secure, fast and has an intuitive layout. Experience effortless eSignature workflows from your business office, in a taxi or on an airplane.
How to sign a PDF utilizing an iPhone
iOS is an extremely well-liked operating system full of native instruments. It enables you to sign and edit PDFs utilizing Preview without any additional application. Even so, as excellent as Apple's solution is, it doesn't provide any automation. Increase your iPhone's functionality by taking advantage of the signNow app. Utilize your iPhone or iPad to secure files with unique document ids and a lot more. Present eSignature automation to the mobile processes.
Inserting your signature with an iPhone has never ever been so easy:
- Select the signNow app in the AppStore and set it up.
- Make a new account or log in along with your Facebook or Google.
- Click on Plus and add the PDF file you want to sign.
- Click on the PDF file where you need to put in your signature.
- Explore other tools: put in fillable fields or secure files with unique document ids.
- Click on Save button to make the changes.
- Send out your documents through mail or using a singing link.
Create a professional PDFs right from your signNow iPhone app. Get the most from your time and job from just about anywhere; in your house, the workplace, on a bus or plane, as well as at the beach. Control a whole record process easily: make reusable templates, secure files with unique document ids and work on documents with business partners. Turn your device into a highly effective enterprise tool for executing contracts.
How to sign a PDF file Android
For Android users to handle PDF files from their device, they must install extra software. The Play Market is huge and plump with alternatives, so finding a great program isn't a challenge when you have a chance to browse through numerous apps. To save time as well as prevent frustration, we advise signNow for Android. Store and change documents, make signing roles, and even secure files with unique document ids.
The 9 simple actions to enhancing your smartphone workflow:
- Open up the application.
- Log in with your Facebook or Google profiles or register if you haven't authorized already.
- Click on + to add your document using your camera, internal or cloud storages.
- Tap anyplace in your PDF and insert your eSignature.
- Just click OK to confirm and eSign.
- Try far more editing and enhancing functions; put images, secure files with unique document ids, build a reusable template, etc.
- Just click Save to apply alterations once you complete.
- Download the PDf file or send it using email.
- Take advantage of the Invite to sign tool in order to establish & send out a signing order to users.
Turn the mundane and routine into easy and smooth together with the signNow mobile app for Android. eSign and send documents for signature from anywhere you're connected to the internet. Make professional-looking PDFs and secure files with unique document ids with a few clicks. Put together a flawless eSignature workflow with just your smartphone and improve your general efficiency.
Get legally-binding signatures now!
Electronic Signature FAQs
Is it secure to send documents for signing via signNow?Yes. In addition to the advanced encryption protocols for data storage and transmission maintained by signNow, you can also add an extra layer of protection to any document you send. For example, users can enable signer authentication by password, phone number, or phone call.
Is it safe to store and manage my documents in signNow?Absolutely! signNow maintains industry-leading security and ensures that your data is safely stored and shared in compliance with HIPAA, GDPR, 21 CFR Part 11, PCI DSS, SOC 2 Type II.
What is two-factor authentication?Two-factor authentication allows you to protect your documents from unauthorized access and make sure they are signed by the right people. With signNow, you can authenticate signers by password, phone number, or phone call.
Can signers edit the documents I send to them?Your recipients can only add information to the fillable fields you provide. If no fields are found within your document except for a signature field, your recipients will only be able to eSign the document. Other than yourself, nobody can edit the documents you send for signing (unless you add fillable fields).
How do I protect a document with a password?If you need to ensure that your signer is the only person who can sign your document, enable two-step verification by setting a password for this document. Click Invite to SignAdvanced OptionsSend InviteAuthentication TypeNo AuthenticationPasswordSend Invite
Is signNow HIPAA compliant?Yes, signNow ensures industry-leading encryption and security measures for medical data transmission and safekeeping. To enable HIPAA compliance for your organization, you’ll need to sign a Business Associate Agreement with signNow.
Is an eSigned document legally binding?Yes, eSignatures are legally binding in the USA, more than thirty countries of Europe, and many other regions worldwide. signNow allows you to create a unique electronic signature and safely apply it to documents in one click without the hassles of printing, scanning, or mailing.
Can I track the history of my documents?You can review all your actions with documents by clicking the MoreHistory