Use History Audit to View the Changes and eSignature Events
How to track the history of your documents in signNow
For your legal safety and general auditing purposes, signNow features an entire event log with timestamps, emails, and IP addresses for all your documents. You can easily download audit trail data for your file or quickly review a document’s history in the web or mobile app.
Download a document with its history
Click More next to a document and select Download with History from the dropdown.
Once downloaded, the document copy will be saved on your device. You will find its detailed history on the last page.
Review the in-app audit trail
Click More next to a document and select History.
You will see the entire document log in a new window. All its data is organized into several columns for your convenience:
- Client: Shows whether the action was performed in the web app or the mobile app.
- Event: The type of action or change in a document.
- By: Email addresses of people who performed any actions with your documents.
- Server Time/Client Time: Time when an action took place.
- IP Address: IP addresses for changes made to a document.
See signNow eSignatures in action
Choose a better solution
Take routine paperwork off your plate with signNow
Online signature solution
Fillable template maker
Ability to use history audit to view the changes
Our user reviews speak for themselves
signNow solutions for better efficiency
Why choose signNow
Free 7-day trial. Choose the plan you need and try it risk-free.
Honest pricing for full-featured plans. signNow offers subscription plans with no overages or hidden fees at renewal.
Enterprise-grade security. signNow helps you comply with global security standards.
Protect your documents with multi-level security using the use history audit to view the changes feature
While cybercriminals are looking for ways to steal someone's personal data, signNow protects your sensitive info and records according to all global security standards: HIPAA, GDPR and CCPA etc. Send, fill out and store contracts and agreements, and so on, knowing that our service provides an extra layer of protection. Take a new approach to how you work on PDFs online.
Utilize the use history audit to view the changes tool and other features to adjust safety measures according to your organization's requirements. Limit access to records and easily monitor all changes in workflows. To take advantage of a secure and reliable solution, check out the guide below.
How to encrypt your documents and use history audit to view the changes in signNow
- Log in to your signNow account or create a new one starting a free trial.
- Upload a PDF by clicking Upload Documents and selecting a file from your device.
- Edit the form by adding fillable fields for any information that you or your recipients need to insert.
- Write your personal data and insert your photo if required.
- When you are ready, click Invite to Sign and specify the recipient's email address.
- Configure a Signing Order if you have more than one recipients.
- Set up additional authentication via a password, SMS or call.
- After the PDF is signed, you can check the Document History to determine the signer's email and IP address.
- Download the record or keep it in signNow’s secure cloud storage.
Despite additional protection layers and the use history audit to view the changes feature, signNow is still really easy-to-use and provides users with a smooth and comprehensive eSignature workflow. In a few minutes, you can find the file you need, edit it, and send it to a bunch of people hassle-free. Stay in the loop and monitor the status of form or contract. The service can expand your smartphone's capabilities with its mobile application, suitable for both iOS and Android. Moreover, it’s just as safe to run your business using the app as it is on our website. Check out all the benefits of our eSignature service now.
How it works
See exceptional results audit history microsoft
How to fill in and sign a PDF online
Check out the fastest way to use history audit to view the changes. Stay away from paper-based workflows and deal with PDF files from signNow. Complete and send your PDFs from your office or seamlessly work on-the-go. No set up or more software necessary. All features are available online, just go to signnow.com and make your own eSignature flow.
A quick instructions concerning how to use history audit to view the changes within a few minutes
- Create a signNow profile (in the event you haven't signed up yet) or sign in using your Google or Facebook.
- Click on Upload and select your documents.
- Take advantage of the My Signature to create your unique signature.
- Change the sample in a powerful PDF with fillable fields.
- Fill out your new contract and click Done.
As soon as finished, send out an invite to sign to numerous people. Have an enforceable agreement within a few minutes applying any gadget. Check out far more functions for producing impressive PDFs; add fillable fields use history audit to view the changes and work together in groups. The eSignature platform provides a secure process and functions in accordance with SOC 2 Type II Certification. Ensure that all your records are guarded and that no one can change them.
How to eSign a PDF in Google Chrome
Are you looking for a service to use history audit to view the changes from Chrome? The signNow extension for Google is here now to assist. Find a PDF file and right from the browser easily open it up with the editor. Insert fillable fields for text and eSignature. Sign the PDF template and send out it securely based on GDPR, SOC 2 Type II Certification and more.
Applying this simple how-to guide listed below, boost up your eSignature workflow into Google and use history audit to view the changes:
- Go to the Chrome web store and select the signNow extension.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Log in to your profile or create a new one.
- Upload a PDF and then click Open in signNow.
- Adjust the document.
- eSign the PDF using the My Signature feature.
- Simply click Done to save the edits.
- Ask other participants to sign by clicking Invite to Sign and deciding on their emails/names.
Create a signature that's built-in to your workflow to use history audit to view the changes and receive PDFs eSigned within a few minutes. Say goodbye to the piles of paper reports located on your desk and start saving money and time for additional essential tasks. Choosing the signNow Google extension is an awesome handy option with plenty of advantages.
How to eSign an attachment in Gmail
If you're like most, you're used to downloading the PDFs you receive, printing them out then putting your signature on them, correct? Fine, we have great news to suit your needs. Putting your signature on PDFs with your email just became easier. The signNow add-on for Gmail enables you to use history audit to view the changes without the need of leaving your inbox. Do everything that you need; add fillable fields and send out signing requests in clicks.
How you can use history audit to view the changes in Gmail:
- Get signNow for Gmail in the G Suite Marketplace and click on Install.
- Log in to the signNow profile or create a new one.
- Open up your email with the PDF file you should eSign.
- Click Upload to save the PDF to the signNow profile.
- Click Open document to open up the editor.
- Sign the PDF file using My Signature.
- Share a signing request for the other participants using the Send to Sign button.
- Enter in their email and tap OK.
As a result, other members will get message telling them to eSign the PDF. No requirement to download the PDF file again and again, just use history audit to view the changes in a few clicks. This add-one is perfect for entrepreneur who like working on more significant things instead of burning time for nothing. Enhance your day-to-day routine with the award-winning eSignature application.
How to eSign a PDF on the go with no application
For most service, getting deals accomplished on the go means the installation of an app on the phone. We're very happy to say at signNow we've created singing on the go quicker and much easier by eliminating the necessity for a mobile app. To eSign, open your browser (any mobile browser) and get immediate access to signNow and all its powerful eSignature instruments. Edit docs, use history audit to view the changes and more. No installing or extra software necessary. Manage your offer from anywhere.
Check out our step-by-step recommendations that show you the best way to use history audit to view the changes.
- Open your internet browser and go to signnow.com.
- Log in or create a new account.
- Add or open the PDF you would like to modify.
- Add more fillable fields for text, eSignature and date.
- Draw, type or upload your eSignature.
- Click on Save and Close.
- Click on Invite to Sign and enter in a recipient's email if you want other people to eSign the PDF.
Working on documents with mobile is no different than on a laptop: build a reusable template, use history audit to view the changes and manage the documentation as you would typically. In several minutes, get an enforceable commitment that you can download to your device and share to others. But, if you truly want a software, download the signNow mobile app. It's comfortable, fast and has an excellent layout. Experience effortless eSignature workflows from the office, in a taxi or on a plane.
How to sign a PDF file utilizing an iPad
iOS is an extremely well-liked operating system filled with native tools. It allows you to eSign and modify PDFs making use of Preview without having additional application. Even so, as excellent as Apple's solution is, it doesn't offer any automation. Boost your iPhone's capabilities by benefiting from the signNow application. Make use of your iPhone or iPad to use history audit to view the changes and a lot more. Present eSignature automation for your mobile workflow.
Inserting your signature with an iPhone has never ever been easier:
- Find the signNow app from the AppStore and set it up.
- Create a new account or sign in along with your Facebook or Google.
- Click Plus and upload the PDF you would like to eSign.
- Click on the PDF exactly where you need to place your signature.
- Try out additional features: add fillable fields or use history audit to view the changes.
- Utilize the Save button to make the changes.
- Send out your documents via mail or a singing link.
Make a professional PDFs right from your signNow iPhone app. Get the best from your efforts and job from anyplace; in your house, the workplace, on a bus or plane, and even at the beach. Handle an entire PDf file workflow smoothly: build reusable templates, use history audit to view the changes and work on PDFs with partners. Transform your device right into a effective company tool for closing deals.
How to eSign a PDF using an Android
For Android users to manage documents using their smartphone, they have to install extra software. The Play Market is vast and plump with choices, so choosing a great app isn't a challenge for those who have time and energy to browse through hundreds of applications. To save time and stop stress, we recommend signNow for Android. Store and change PDFs, make signing roles, and even use history audit to view the changes.
The 9 simple actions to optimizing your smartphone workflow:
- Open up the mobile app.
- Log in with your Facebook or Google accounts or register if you haven't authorized already.
- Select + to add your record making use of your camera, internal or cloud storages.
- Click just about anywhere on the PDF and put your eSignature.
- Simply click OK to confirm and sign.
- Check more editing and enhancing functions; add more graphics, use history audit to view the changes, create a reusable template, etc.
- Click Save to make alterations as soon as you complete.
- Download the PDF or send it using mail.
- Use the Invite to sign function if you want to set & send a signing link to recipients.
Change the mundane and monotonous work into easy and smooth using the signNow app for smartphone. eSign and send documents for signature from any place you're connected to the internet. Generate good-looking PDFs and use history audit to view the changes with just a few clicks. Put together a perfect eSignature process with just your smartphone and boost your overall efficiency.
Get legally-binding signatures now!
FAQs audit log salesforce
Is an eSigned document legally binding?Yes, eSignatures are legally binding in the USA, more than thirty countries of Europe, and many other regions worldwide. signNow allows you to create a unique electronic signature and safely apply it to documents in one click without the hassles of printing, scanning, or mailing.
How do I send documents for signing?Upload a document to signNow and open it in the editor. Select Signature Field in the left-hand sidebar and click anywhere on the document to place a signature field. Then, click Invite to Sign in the top right corner of the screen, enter the recipient’s email address, and hit Send Invite.
Can I send my document for signing to multiple signers at the same time?signNow allows you to send your signature to multiple people. Open your document in the editor and select Edit Signers on the left. In the open window, add as many signers as you need.
How do I create a signature in signNow?Open your document in the signNow editor and find the Edit & Sign section on the left. Select My Signature and click anywhere on the document. You can add your existing and saved signature or create a new one by drawing, typing, or uploading its image.
How long does it take to sign my document using signNow?Recipients can sign and submit your documents in seconds. All they need is an internet-connected device.
How many signers can I add when sending a document with signNow?Add as many signers as you need. Also, try using Bulk Invite to speed up sending documents to lots of people at one time.
How do I forward a document to another signer?Click Invite to Sign and prepare your document for signing: add fillable fields, create and assign signing roles, and set up a signing order. Save your changes and click Advanced Options. Check the Allow Forwarding box and send your invite.
Can I share a document with multiple people and authorize them to assign signers?Sure you can. Use signNow’s PowerForms to allow other people to assign document signers. With PowerForms, you can speed up the signing process with multiple parties involved.
How do I use PowerForms in signNow?First, you have to create signing roles and then set up the signing order for all roles. You will be the last signer, so check Signer is Sender in the dropdown of the last email field. Add fillable fields to the document and save all changes. Then, convert your document to a template and generate a signing link to it. That’s it, now share the link with authorized recipients and they can assign signers for each unfixed signing role.
How do I send a freeform invite to a signer?Upload your document to signNow, click on it, and select Freeform Invite in the right-hand sidebar. Then, add the recipient’s email address and hit Send Invite.