Do signers need an account to sign documents in signNow?
Any person can sign a document in signNow without having a signNow account. To do so, they have to receive a signature request from a signNow user, that is, an account owner. signNow users initiate a signature request in one of the following ways:
- send out an invitation to the person they want to sign a document by email
- generate a document link and post it anywhere on the web, for example, on a website, via social media, or any other public platform
- use a mobile device as a terminal to collect in-person signatures with Kiosk Mode
By receiving a document in one of these methods, a signer can access it in the signNow editor, fill it out, create their legally-binding signature, and sign the document.
What is the difference between a signer and an account owner?
Anyone who signs a document via signNow is considered a signer. However, signers without a signNow account cannot initiate a document signing session when they need to submit it somewhere else or create multilateral contracts and participate in signing as one of the parties. An account owner, on the contrary, is free to create and sign a document anytime they need, as well as invite more signers to this document. Moreover, they can open received signature requests directly from their signNow account and receive push notifications on their mobile device by installing the mobile app.
How do I sign a document in signNow?
If you have received a signature request in signNow, you can easily complete it and add a signature either from your desktop computer or mobile device:
- Open the document from your email by clicking the respective button.
- Follow the arrows guiding you throughout all the fields in the document.
- Type the required information in the fillable fields.
- Click on the signature field and type your full name, draw your signature, or upload a picture of your signature from your device.
- Click Done to finish the signing session.
For those who initiate a signing session from their own account, the procedure is as follows:
- Open the document you need signed.
- Use the Edit & Sign section to add signatures, text, dates, and checkmarks.
- To create a signature, click My Signature and then click the page where you want to place it. Type your name, draw a signature, or upload one just like in the signer’s guidelines above.
- Click Save and Close to finish or start adding fillable fields to invite more signers to the document.
Is it necessary to become an account owner?
If you never deal with documents, except for when someone asks you to eSign one, there’s no need for you to create an account. If you need to eSign occasionally, you can sign up for a free trial which allows you to use signNow Business plan features for seven days without paying anything. However, if you work with documents on a daily basis, signNow is a solution for cutting costs pertaining to paper hassles, saving time, and increasing productivity. signNow account owners have the advantage of:
- creating signing sessions with multiple signers and setting a signing order the way they need it
- signing a document on their end when a document has been already signed
- sending multiple copies of the same document to as many recipients as they need so that each of them gets a separate copy
- collecting payments when collecting signatures
- collecting in-person signatures
- tracking the signing status of a document and checking audit logs
- complying with industry-leading standards for data protection