Does a contract need to be signed by both parties?
What is a Contract?
Here are two aspects that make contracts legally binding:
- The agreement is closed when one party accepts an offer from another party.
- Something is used as compensation in return for goods or services.
What if a Contract is Signed By Only One Party?
Note: technically, an agreement signed by one party can be valid in some cases. For example, when you send a signed job offer to a new employee. Sometimes, It’s sufficient when one party signs the document, while the other party starts completing the provisions in the contract. Still, in most cases, if signed by one party, it is not legal.
What is the Best Way to Sign a Contract?
Handwritten signatures really look extremely outdated. It takes too much time, effort, and cost for companies to deal with handwritten signatures. Imagine you signed an agreement, now HR needs to scan it, upload it to the computer and put it in the relevant folder.
On the other hand, e-signatures helped streamline the signing process. Today you can add a signature to a Word document with the help of Microsoft Office. You can also use Adobe Reader to sign a PDF document. However, businesses choose to employ more modern e-signature software and application tools. With their help there is no need to put up with long queues and inconvenient working hours, you can validate agreements on the go, even while commuting.
What are Benefits for Signing a Contract with an e-signature?
- Cost-efficiency. Companies no longer have to spend money on paper, ink, delivery, etc.
- Enhanced performance. E-signatures help speed up processes, achieve more, and improve quality.
- Advanced security. E-signature software is capable of detecting changes and preventing fraud.
- 24/7 operation. Your customers can sign contracts at any time. At night, in the morning, on the weekends or even on holidays.
- Customer satisfaction. You can win and retain new customers by creating favorable conditions for them while cooperating with you.
How to Sign a Contract with signNow?
To validate a contract with signNow, follow the instructions:
- Open signNow.
- Place a cursor where you want to create a signature field.
- Add signers.
- Create a signing order.
- Send the document out for signing.
signNow lets you create a link for a document and send it via multiple channels like email, SMS, etc. To protect the document it’s also possible to set up two-factor authentication. signNow is available on all devices (desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones).