Add Calculated Fields to a Document for eSignature
How to add a calculated field to a document with signNow
signNow allows you to automatically calculate values from text and dropdown fields based on pre-set formulas. Once a user fills out input fields, the calculated value will automatically populate the result field.
Add an input text field
Open your document in the signNow editor and add fillable text fields where needed.
To insert a text field, select Text Field from the toolbar on the left and click anywhere on the document to place the field. Then, adjust its size and positioning and click OK.
In the Validation Type dropdown, select the data format applicable to your field. Please note that you can only choose format validators marked with a calculator icon for your input fields.
In the Label box, enter the name of your text field. Then, open the Advanced dropdown and type a Unique Field Name (this is a unique field ID that will be used in the formula).
Add an input dropdown field
Customize your dropdown fields the same way. Add the values you’d like to appear in your dropdown to the Answer Choices box (to jump to the next line, press ENTER). Note that you can only add numbers if you are using a dropdown as an input field.
Also, make sure that the Add "Other" Option checkbox remains unchecked.
Enter the name of the dropdown in the Label field. Finally, go to Advanced > Unique Field Name and give your dropdown a unique ID.
Add a calculated field
Select Calculated Field from the left-hand sidebar and place it anywhere on your document. Then, enter your formula in the popup window. Start typing curly brackets to see the list of suggested unique field names (IDs you have previously given to your input fields). Select those that need to be calculated and insert one of the following symbols between them:
- (+) to add
- (-) to subtract
- (*) to multiply
- (/) to divide
You can also round the value of a calculated field to a specific number of decimal places.
Once you have created your formula, click the Create button.
You can also attach a payment request to your calculated field. For this, open the Advanced dropdown, check the Make this payment field checkbox, and then click Ok. Your calculated field will now be shown in the payment request form.
Once you finish customizing your form, click Save and Close.
Your calculated field is now configured and will display calculated values based on your formula and the values added to the input fields.
Please note that the Calculated Fields feature is available to Enterprise subscribers only.
See signNow eSignatures in action
Choose a better solution
Take routine paperwork off your plate with signNow
Online signature solution
Fillable template creator
Ability to add calculated fields
Our user reviews speak for themselves
signNow solutions for better efficiency
Why choose signNow
Free 7-day trial. Choose the plan you need and try it risk-free.
Honest pricing for full-featured plans. signNow offers subscription plans with no overages or hidden fees at renewal.
Enterprise-grade security. signNow helps you comply with global security standards.
The add calculated fields feature in signNow: taking SMB-contract negotiation to the next level
Eliminate paperwork and switch to online form creation and signature collection. Try signNow, a smart tool that makes your document management smooth and easy. Make documents of any kind easily fillable: utilize the add calculated fields feature, add various custom fields, and set up them with rules and conditions according to your needs.
Follow the instructions below on how to use the add calculated fields feature:
- Log in to your signNow account or register it.
- Click on the Upload Documents button at the top of the screen.
- Open your sample and find the Tools menu on the left.
- Add various fillable fields to your document such as Text, Checkbox, Date/Time, Initials and Dropdown, Radio Button Group, Calculated one, and others by clicking on the corresponding option and drop it to the place you need it to appear.
- Set it as the required one, if needed, and apply other additional settings, using the} toolbar on the right. Click Ok to adjust it.
- Insert a Signature Field. Drop as many as you need. Click on each of them, assign roles, make them required or conditional by using the Signature menu on the right.
- Collect other supportive documents by adjusting a Request Attachment option from the left-hand menu. Make it required or optional, or set the conditions to show it to your signee.
- Click Save and Close to finish editing.
- Select how you will share your sample. Use the Invite to Sign button to send it to your colleagues and partners, or clients’ emails, or Create Signing Link to post it on your website and share it with more users.
It’s easy to customize documents of any kind. Take advantage of the add calculated fields functionality to create new forms and templates. Send it to your recipients, and once the form is completed and signed, you'll automatically get it back with an email notification. Streamline collaboration with your teams, partners, and clients by sending them contracts, orders, reports and applications and other forms for signing, which they can quickly fill out and sign hassle-free. Save your time and efforts with signNow. Give it a go!
How it works
See exceptional results calculated fields fill
How to fill in and sign a PDF online
Experience the easiest way to add calculated fields. Avoid paper-based workflows and manage PDF files from signNow. Fill out and send out your PDFs from your office or smoothly work on-the-go. No installment or extra software necessary. All benefits can be found online, go to signnow.com and make your own eSignature process.
A short guideline concerning how to add calculated fields in minutes
- Register a signNow profile (if you haven't signed up yet) or sign in with your Google or Facebook.
- Simply click Upload and choose one of the documents.
- Use the My Signature to insert your signature.
- Modify the template right into a powerful PDF with fillable fields.
- Fill in your new contract and click on Done.
As soon as done, send an invite to sign to numerous people. Receive an enforceable commitment within a few minutes making use of any device. Discover much more functions to make impressive PDFs; add fillable fields add calculated fields and collaborate in groups. The eSignature platform provides a protected process and runs based on SOC 2 Type II Certification. Make sure that your data are protected and that no one can edit them.
How to eSign a PDF in Google Chrome
Searching for a service to add calculated fields straight from Chrome? The signNow extension for Google is here now to help. Find a PDF file and right from your web browser easily open it up in the editor. Add more fillable fields for textual content and signature. Sign the PDF file and send it safely based on GDPR, SOC 2 Type II Certification and more.
By using this short how-to guide listed below, broaden your eSignature workflow into Google and add calculated fields:
- Visit the Chrome web store and select the signNow extension.
- Just click Add to Chrome.
- Log in to your account or create a new one.
- Upload a document and then click Open in signNow.
- Change the document.
- eSign the PDF file making use of the My Signature instrument.
- Click Done to make edits.
- Encourage other individuals to eSign by clicking on Invite to Sign and selecting their emails/names.
Create a signature that's built-in to your workflow to add calculated fields and receive PDFs eSigned in minutes. Leave behind the piles of papers sitting on your desk and begin saving money and time for extra crucial activities. Selecting the signNow Google extension is an awesome convenient decision with many different advantages.
How to eSign an attachment in Gmail
If you're like the majority of, you're used to downloading the PDFs you receive, printing them out and then signing them, right? Fine, we have fantastic news to suit your needs. Putting your signature on PDFs inside your inbox just became a lot easier. The signNow add-on for Gmail lets you add calculated fields without the need of leaving your inbox. Do everything that you need; insert fillable fields and share signing links in a couple of clicks.
How to add calculated fields in Gmail:
- Choose signNow for Gmail within the from the G Suite Marketplace and then click Install.
- Sign in to the signNow profile or make a new one.
- Open up your inbox with the PDF you want to sign.
- Click Upload to save the PDF file to the signNow profile.
- Just click Open document to start the editor.
- Sign the PDF taking advantage of My Signature.
- Send out a signing links to the other customers with the Send to Sign option.
- Put in their email and click OK.
As a result, all clients will get message telling them to sign the document. No need to download the PDF file again and again, just add calculated fields in clicks. This add-one is ideal for people who like focusing on more essential tasks as an alternative to wasting time for nothing. Improve your day-to-day routine with the award-winning eSignature service.
How to sign a PDF file on the go without an application
For most solutions, getting deals done on the go means installing an app on your phone. We're very happy to say at signNow we've produced singing on the go quicker and simpler by reducing the demand for a mobile app. To eSign, start your browser (any mobile browser) and get direct access to signNow and its powerful eSignature tools. Change docs, add calculated fields and more. No installing or additional software necessary. Close up your offer from everywhere.
Have a look at our step-by-step recommendations that teach you how to add calculated fields.
- Open your browser and visit signnow.com.
- Log in or create a new account.
- Add or open up the document you would like to change.
- Put fillable fields for text, signature and date/time.
- Draw, type or upload your signature.
- Simply click Save and Close.
- Click Invite to Sign and enter in a recipient's electronic address if you require other people to sign the PDF.
Working on documents with smartphone is no different than with a desktop: create a reusable template, add calculated fields and deal with the process as you would generally. In a few minutes, receive an enforceable agreement that you can download to the internal storage and send out to other people. Yet, if you want an application, download the signNow mobile app. It's secure, fast and has an incredible design. Experience effortless eSignature workflows from your office, in a taxi or on an airplane.
How to sign a PDF employing an iPhone
iOS is a very well-liked operating system filled with native instruments. It lets you sign and modify PDFs utilizing Preview without any extra application. Even so, as excellent as Apple's option is, it doesn't give any automation. Boost your iPhone's capabilities by using the signNow app. Make use of your iPhone or iPad to add calculated fields and much more. Introduce eSignature automation to your mobile workflow.
Putting your signature by using an iPhone has never ever been simpler:
- Find the signNow application in the AppStore and set it up.
- Make a new profile or log in with the Facebook or Google.
- Simply click Plus and add the PDF you need to eSign.
- Tap in the PDF file where you want to place your signature.
- Discover additional features: add fillable fields or add calculated fields.
- Utilize the Save button to apply the changes.
- Send your documents via email or using a singing link.
Create a professional PDFs straight from your signNow application. Get the best from your time and work from anywhere; in your own home, in your office, on a bus or airplane, as well as at the beach. Deal with a whole document workflow seamlessly: create reusable templates, add calculated fields and work on PDF files with partners. Transform your device right into a highly effective organization instrument for executing contracts.
How to eSign a PDF using an Android
For Android users to manage agreements from their phone, they need to set up extra software program. The Play Market is huge and plump with choices, so choosing an excellent application isn't too difficult when you have time for you to browse through hundreds of apps. To save time and protect against disappointment, we recommend signNow for Android. Save and change documents, generate signing roles, as well as add calculated fields.
The 9 basic steps to optimizing your mobile workflow:
- Open the mobile app.
- Sign in with your Facebook or Google accounts or create a new if you haven't signed up already.
- Select + to add your record with your camera, internal or cloud storages.
- Touch just about anywhere in your PDF and put in your eSignature.
- Just click OK to confirm and sign.
- Experience much more modifying features; add pictures, add calculated fields, make a reusable template, and many others.
- Just click Save to make changes when you complete.
- Download the PDf file or send it via mail.
- Make use of the Invite to sign function if you want to set & send out a signing link to clients.
Turn the mundane and monotonous work into simple and smooth together with the signNow application for Android. Sign and share documents for signature from just about anywhere you're connected to the internet. Generate good-looking PDFs and add calculated fields with couple of clicks. Assembled a perfect eSignature workflow with only your smartphone and enhance your overall efficiency.
Get legally-binding signatures now!
Electronic Signature FAQs
What is a fillable field?Fillable fields are text boxes that you can embed in your documents so that signers can add their data. signNow allows you to use text fields, signature fields, date/time fields, calculated fields, initials fields, checkbox fields, radio button groups, dropdown fields, and attachment request fields. To add them to a document, select the type of field you need from the left-hand toolbar in the editor and drop it anywhere on your document.
What is a field label?Labels are best explained as field names or instructions for what should be added to a field (e.g., Last Name, State, Phone Number, etc.). With signNow, your signers can auto-fill identically labeled fields with one click throughout an entire document. Labels are available for text fields, date/time fields, and dropdown fields.
What is pre-filled text?With signNow, you can prefill documents with information you already know. For example, if you know your signer’s name, you can add it as pre-filled text to the corresponding field in a document. As a result, your signer won’t have to complete this field but will be able to edit the information inside if needed. You can customize pre-filled text for text fields, date/time fields, checkbox fields, radio button groups, and dropdown fields.
How do I add a fillable field to a document?Open your document in the signNow editor and select the fillable field you need from the toolbar on the left. Then, click anywhere on the document to place a signature field. You can adjust its size and placement as needed. When finished, click OK.
What is a conditional field?A conditional field in signNow is a fillable field of any type that becomes available for filling out only after a predefined condition has been met (e.g., if another field is completed or a specific value is added to it).
What is a Smart Field?Smart Fields allow users to import data from external data sources like spreadsheets, internal company databases, or CRMs, to signNow documents. Smart fields work in tandem with the Bulk Invite and Signing Link features. Bulk Invite sends copies of a document to multiple recipients and auto-fills them with information from a CSV. When using smart fields in a document shared via a signing link, the required values have to be added to the link’s URL.
Can I edit PDF documents with signNow?You can add text, signatures, initials, stamps, checkmarks, and the current date to documents as annotations. Besides, it is possible to add various fillable fields, e.g., text fields, dropdowns, radio buttons, attachment fields, conditional fields, and more.
How do I send documents for signing?Upload a document to signNow and open it in the editor. Select Signature Field in the left-hand sidebar and click anywhere on the document to place a signature field. Then, click Invite to Sign in the top right corner of the screen, enter the recipient’s email address, and hit Send Invite.