Add Smart Fields to Your Template to Sign
How to add Smart Fields to a document with signNow
Automatically import data from spreadsheets, databases, and CRMs to your signNow documents or use specific markers in a signing link’s URL to pre-fill fields with data. Smart Fields work in tandem with the Bulk Invite and Signing Link features.
Use Smart Fields when sending bulk invites
With Smart Fields, you can instantly send documents for signing to multiple recipients and have these documents filled out automatically with data from a CSV file (spreadsheet).
Please note that your CSV must have a name for each column. Without proper column names, Smart Fields won’t be able to transfer information correctly.
First, create a document template or choose an existing one. Click More next to the template’s name and select Smart Fields.
Add Smart Fields to the document and label them. Make sure their labels match the column names in your spreadsheet.
Then, add standard fillable fields to the document. Sending bulk invites requires your documents to have at least one fillable field. Click Done once finished.
Prepare a CSV from which you will export data. Make sure it has a column where your signers’ email addresses are specified. Here is how your spreadsheet should look:
Go back to the Templates folder, click More next to your template, and then select Bulk Invite from the dropdown.
In the new popup window, upload your CSV file by clicking the Upload CSV button and then assigning columns to the respective smart fields (you can recognize them by their labels). When finished, click Done.
signNow will extract data from your spreadsheet and match it with the Smart Fields in your document template. To send it for signing to all your recipients, click Send Invite.
When your signers receive their copy of the document, it will already be pre-filled with their data.
Use Smart Fields when sending signing links
You can also auto-fill Smart Fields in your documents when sharing signing links with your recipients. To do so, you will need to embed the data you require in the signing link’s URL.
After you have created a template and added Smart Fields, click the Create Signing Link button next to the template’s name.
Copy the link from the popup window and paste it in any text editor or your internet browser’s URL bar.
Next, complete the following steps to add the information you need in the signing link’s URL.
- Place (?) after the URL like this: https://signnow.com/s/pDe06pMX?
- Type a Smart Field’s name and the equals sign (=) followed by the data you need to fill. Example: Title=CEO
- To add a space, insert (%20) like this: John%20Smith
- Separate each value with the ampersand symbol (&): Name=John%20Smith&Title=CEO
Finally, share the link with your signer. The values embedded in the URL will automatically populate the corresponding Smart Fields.
See signNow eSignatures in action
Choose a better solution
Take routine paperwork off your plate with signNow
Online signature solution
Fillable template maker
Ability to add smart fields to your template
Our user reviews speak for themselves
signNow solutions for better efficiency
Why choose signNow
Free 7-day trial. Choose the plan you need and try it risk-free.
Honest pricing for full-featured plans. signNow offers subscription plans with no overages or hidden fees at renewal.
Enterprise-grade security. signNow helps you comply with global security standards.
The add smart fields to your template feature in signNow: taking SMB-contract negotiation to the next level
Eliminate paperwork and switch to online form creation and signature collection. Try signNow, a smart tool that makes your document management smooth and easy. Make documents of any kind easily fillable: utilize the add smart fields to your template feature, add various custom fields, and set up them with rules and conditions according to your needs.
Follow the instructions below on how to use the add smart fields to your template feature:
- Log in to your signNow account or register it.
- Click on the Upload Documents button at the top of the screen.
- Open your sample and find the Tools menu on the left.
- Add various fillable fields to your document such as Text, Checkbox, Date/Time, Initials and Dropdown, Radio Button Group, Calculated one, and others by clicking on the corresponding option and drop it to the place you need it to appear.
- Set it as the required one, if needed, and apply other additional settings, using the} toolbar on the right. Click Ok to adjust it.
- Insert a Signature Field. Drop as many as you need. Click on each of them, assign roles, make them required or conditional by using the Signature menu on the right.
- Collect other supportive documents by adjusting a Request Attachment option from the left-hand menu. Make it required or optional, or set the conditions to show it to your signee.
- Click Save and Close to finish editing.
- Select how you will share your sample. Use the Invite to Sign button to send it to your colleagues and partners, or clients’ emails, or Create Signing Link to post it on your website and share it with more users.
It’s easy to customize documents of any kind. Take advantage of the add smart fields to your template functionality to create new forms and templates. Send it to your recipients, and once the form is completed and signed, you'll automatically get it back with an email notification. Streamline collaboration with your teams, partners, and clients by sending them contracts, orders, reports and applications and other forms for signing, which they can quickly fill out and sign hassle-free. Save your precious time and efforts with signNow. Try it out!
How it works
See exceptional results add smart pdf
How to complete and eSign a PDF online
Check out the quickest method to add smart fields to your template. Steer clear of paper-based workflows and manage PDF files right from signNow. Edit and send your documents from the business office or seamlessly while on the go. No installation or additional software necessary. All functions can be found online, just go to signnow.com and configure your own eSignature process.
A brief manual on how to add smart fields to your template in minutes
- Make a signNow profile (in the event you haven't registered yet) or sign in with your Google or Facebook.
- Just click Upload and select one of your PDF files.
- Use the My Signature tool to generate your signature.
- Modify the sample into a dynamic PDF with fillable fields.
- Submit your contract and click on Done.
As soon as finished, send an invite to sign to numerous users. Receive an enforceable contract quickly making use of any device. Discover more tools for producing significant PDFs; add more fillable fields add smart fields to your template and collaborate in groups. The eSignature solution gives a protected workflow and functions according to SOC 2 Type II Certification. Ensure that your records are guarded so no one can take them.
How to eSign a PDF in Google Chrome
Are you looking for a solution to add smart fields to your template straight from Chrome? The signNow extension for Google is here now to help you. Find a PDF file and right from the web browser effortlessly open it in the editor. Insert fillable fields for text and signature. Sign the PDF template and share it securely in accordance with GDPR, SOC 2 Type II Certification and more.
Employing this brief how-to guide under, broaden your eSignature process into Google and add smart fields to your template:
- Go to the Chrome web store and find the signNow extension.
- Click on Add to Chrome.
- Log in to the profile or create a new one.
- Add a document and then click Open in signNow.
- Alter the document.
- eSign the PDF file making use of the My Signature feature.
- Just click Done to confirm the edits.
- Bring other individuals to sign by clicking on Invite to Sign and choosing their emails/names.
Create a signature that's built in to your processes to add smart fields to your template and have PDFs eSigned within minutes. Say goodbye to the piles of paper reports sitting on your desk and begin saving money and time for extra essential activities. Picking out the signNow Google extension is a great handy decision with plenty of benefits.
How to eSign an attachment in Gmail
If you're like most, you're used to downloading the email attachments you get, printing them out then putting your signature on them, isn't it? Okay, we certainly have fantastic news to suit your needs. Putting your signature on PDFs in your email just got easier. The signNow add-on for Gmail lets you add smart fields to your template without leaving your inbox. Do all you need; add more fillable fields and share signing requests in a couple of clicks.
How you can add smart fields to your template in Gmail:
- Choose signNow for Gmail within the from the G Suite Marketplace and then click Install.
- Sign in to the signNow account or create a new one.
- Open up your inbox with the PDF you should sign.
- Click on Upload if you want to save the document to the signNow profile.
- Just click Open document to open up the editor.
- eSign the PDF file taking advantage of My Signature.
- Share a signing request for the other customers using the Send to Sign button.
- Put in their email and tap OK.
As a result, all members will receive notifications telling them to sign the PDF. No reason to download the attachment time and time again, just add smart fields to your template in clicks. This add-one is suitable for those who choose concentrating on more essential aims instead of burning up time for practically nothing. Improve your day-to-day routine with the award-winning eSignature platform.
How to sign a PDF on the go without an mobile app
For most products, getting deals done on the go means installing the mobile app on your phone. We're very happy to say at signNow we've created singing on the go faster and simpler by eliminating the need for a mobile app. To eSign, open up your browser (any mobile browser) and get direct access to signNow and all of its powerful eSignature features. Change docs, add smart fields to your template and a lot more. No set up or additional software necessary. Close up your offer from anywhere.
Have a look at our step-by-step instructions that teach you the best way to add smart fields to your template.
- Start your browser and visit signnow.com.
- Sign in or register a new profile.
- Add or open the PDF you wish to change.
- Put fillable fields for textual content, eSignature and date/time.
- Draw, type or upload your signature.
- Click Save and Close.
- Click Invite to Sign and put in a recipient's electronic address if you need others to sign the PDF file.
Close deals with smartphone is no different than with a laptop: build a reusable template, add smart fields to your template and manage the flow as you would generally. In several clicks, get an enforceable commitment that you can download to the device and send to customers. However, if you truly want an application, download the signNow mobile app. It's secure, fast and has an excellent layout. Experience effortless eSignature workflows from your workplace, in a taxi or on a plane.
How to sign a PDF file having an iPad
iOS is definitely a well-known operating system loaded with native instruments. It enables you to sign and change PDFs using Preview without any additional software program. However, as great as Apple's solution is, it doesn't offer any automation. Boost your iPhone's functionality by benefiting from the signNow app. Make use of your iPhone or iPad to add smart fields to your template and much more. Introduce eSignature automation for your mobile processes.
Signing with an iPhone has never ever been simpler:
- Select the signNow application from the AppStore and set it up.
- Make a new profile or log in with your Facebook or Google.
- Click on Plus and upload the PDF you would like to eSign.
- Tap on the PDF file where you would like to place your signature.
- Try out other functions: put fillable fields or add smart fields to your template.
- Utilize the Save option to make the adjustments.
- Send your documents through mail or using a singing link.
Make a professional-looking PDFs straight from your signNow application. Get the most from your efforts and job from just about anywhere; in your own home, the workplace, on a bus or plane, and even at the beach. Handle a complete PDf file process seamlessly: build reusable templates, add smart fields to your template and work on PDFs with business partners. Turn your device into a effective business tool for closing offers.
How to eSign a PDF taking advantage of an Android
For Android users to deal with PDF files from their mobile, they should install extra software program. The Play Market is huge and plump with alternatives, so finding an excellent software isn't too difficult when you have time and energy to read through hundreds of software. To save your time as well as protect against aggravation, we propose signNow for Android. Store and modify PDFs, create signing roles, and also add smart fields to your template.
The 9 simple actions to amplifying your smartphone workflow:
- Open the app.
- Log in using your Facebook or Google profiles or create a new if you haven't signed up yet.
- Click on + to add a new document taking advantage of your camera, internal or cloud storages.
- Tap anywhere in your PDF file and put your eSignature.
- Just click OK to agree and sign.
- Experience a lot more modifying features; add more graphics, add smart fields to your template, make a reusable template, etc.
- Simply click Save to make modifications as soon as you finish.
- Download the PDF or send out it using email.
- Take advantage of the Invite to sign tool if you wish to set & send a signing order to users.
Turn the mundane and monotonous work into easy and smooth with the signNow application for Android. Sign and send documents for signature from just about anywhere you're connected to the internet. Create good-looking PDFs and add smart fields to your template with just a few clicks. Come up with a faultless eSignature process with only your smartphone and improve your overall productiveness.
Get legally-binding signatures now!
Electronic Signature FAQs
What is a Smart Field?Smart Fields allow users to import data from external data sources like spreadsheets, internal company databases, or CRMs, to signNow documents. Smart fields work in tandem with the Bulk Invite and Signing Link features. Bulk Invite sends copies of a document to multiple recipients and auto-fills them with information from a CSV. When using smart fields in a document shared via a signing link, the required values have to be added to the link’s URL.
What is a fillable field?Fillable fields are text boxes that you can embed in your documents so that signers can add their data. signNow allows you to use text fields, signature fields, date/time fields, calculated fields, initials fields, checkbox fields, radio button groups, dropdown fields, and attachment request fields. To add them to a document, select the type of field you need from the left-hand toolbar in the editor and drop it anywhere on your document.
How do I add fillable fields to a document?When in the signNow editor, choose any item in the Tools section of the left-hand sidebar and click where you need the field to appear on the document. Then, adjust its size and placement and click OK. Don’t forget to save the document after editing by clicking Save and Close.
How do I invite signers?Upload a document to signNow and open it in the editor. Select Signature Field in the left-hand sidebar and click anywhere on the document to place a signature field. Then, click Invite to Sign in the top right corner of the screen, enter the recipient’s email address, and hit Send Invite.
How many signers can I add when sending a document with signNow?Add as many signers as you need. Also, try using Bulk Invite to speed up sending documents to lots of people at one time.
How do I send signing invites in bulk?Use the Bulk Invite feature. Create a document template, click More next to its name, and then select Bulk Invite from the dropdown. Upload a CSV file that contains a column with your signers’ email addresses and hit Send Invite. Each of your recipients will receive a copy of your document for signing.
What is a signing link?With signNow, you can create a signing link for any document or template. It is a short link that can be shared with anyone whose signature you require. By following the link, each user receives their own copy of a document that can be eSigned. Completed documents automatically appear in your Documents folder.
How do I create a signing link?Select any document or template uploaded to your signNow account and click Create Signing Link in the menu on the right. A signing link will appear in a new dialog box. Copy it and share it with as many signers as you need.