Save Time by Importing Data into New Document to Sign
How to import fields to a document with signNow
If you have already created a fillable document with multiple pre-configured fields, you can easily transfer those fields to a new or similar document using the Import Fields feature.
Upload a document to your account
In the signNow web app, click the Upload Documents button and browse your device for the document you need to be signed. Then, open it in the editor by clicking More > Open.
Import fillable fields in one click
Click on the Settings button at the top of the screen. Then, select Import Fields from the dropdown.
Select an identical or similar document with fillable fields in any of your signNow folders. You can view the number of fillable fields and signing roles for each of your documents. Click Next to proceed.
Assign or edit signing roles according to your needs and then click the Import field(s) button.
The fillable fields will be instantly transferred from one document to another along with their settings. You can then adjust the size and position of the imported fields or change their settings.
See signNow eSignatures in action
Choose a better solution
Take routine paperwork off your plate with signNow
Online signature solution
Fillable template creator
Ability to save time by importing data into new document
Our user reviews speak for themselves
signNow solutions for better efficiency
Why choose signNow
Free 7-day trial. Choose the plan you need and try it risk-free.
Honest pricing for full-featured plans. signNow offers subscription plans with no overages or hidden fees at renewal.
Enterprise-grade security. signNow helps you comply with global security standards.
The save time by importing data into new document feature in signNow: taking SMB-contract negotiation to the next level
Eliminate paperwork and switch to online form creation and signature collection. Try signNow, a smart tool that makes your document management smooth and easy. Make documents of any kind easily fillable: utilize the save time by importing data into new document feature, add various custom fields, and set up them with rules and conditions according to your needs.
Follow the instructions below on how to use the save time by importing data into new document feature:
- Log in to your signNow account or register it.
- Click on the Upload Documents button at the top of the screen.
- Open your sample and find the Tools menu on the left.
- Add various fillable fields to your document such as Text, Checkbox, Date/Time, Initials and Dropdown, Radio Button Group, Calculated one, and others by clicking on the corresponding option and drop it to the place you need it to appear.
- Set it as the required one, if needed, and apply other additional settings, using the} toolbar on the right. Click Ok to adjust it.
- Insert a Signature Field. Drop as many as you need. Click on each of them, assign roles, make them required or conditional by using the Signature menu on the right.
- Collect other supportive documents by adjusting a Request Attachment option from the left-hand menu. Make it required or optional, or set the conditions to show it to your signee.
- Click Save and Close to finish editing.
- Select how you will share your sample. Use the Invite to Sign button to send it to your colleagues and partners, or clients’ emails, or Create Signing Link to post it on your website and share it with more users.
It’s easy to customize documents of any kind. Take advantage of the save time by importing data into new document functionality to create new forms and templates. Send it to your recipients, and once the form is completed and signed, you'll automatically get it back with an email notification. Streamline collaboration with your teams, partners, and clients by sending them contracts, orders, reports and applications and other forms for signing, which they can quickly fill out and sign effortlessly. Save your time and efforts with signNow. Give it a try!
How it works
See exceptional results importing document sign
How to fill out and eSign a document online
Enjoy the easiest way to save time by importing data into new document. Avoid paper-based workflows and control documents from signNow. Fill out and send your documents from the business office or smoothly work on-the-go. No installation or extra software needed. All benefits can be found online, go to signnow.com and make your personal eSignature process.
A short guide on how to save time by importing data into new document in minutes
- Create a signNow profile (in the event you haven't signed up yet) or log in using your Google or Facebook.
- Just click Upload and select one of your PDF files.
- Use the My Signature instrument to create your signature.
- Change the sample into a dynamic PDF with fillable fields.
- Submit your form and click Done.
Once done, send an invite to sign to a number of users. Have an enforceable contract within minutes applying any gadget. Check out more functions to make impressive PDFs; insert fillable fields save time by importing data into new document and collaborate in groups. The eSignature platform supplies a reliable process and runs according to SOC 2 Type II Certification. Be sure that your information are protected and that no person can take them.
How to eSign a PDF in Google Chrome
Searching for a solution to save time by importing data into new document straight from Chrome? The signNow extension for Google is here now to help you. Find a document and right from the internet browser quickly open it up with the editor. Add fillable fields for text and eSignature. eSign the PDF file and send out it safely and securely in accordance with GDPR, SOC 2 Type II Certification and more.
By using this quick how-to guide listed below, boost up your eSignature process into Google and save time by importing data into new document:
- Visit the Chrome web store and find the signNow extension.
- Simply click Add to Chrome.
- Log in to your profile or create a new one.
- Upload a PDF and click Open in signNow.
- Change the PDF.
- eSign the PDF file using the My Signature tool.
- Just click Done to confirm the edits.
- Encourage other participants to eSign by simply clicking Invite to Sign and deciding on their emails/names.
Create a signature that's built-in to the workflow to save time by importing data into new document and have PDFs eSigned within a few minutes. Leave behind the piles of paper reports located on your desk and start saving money and time for additional crucial duties. Selecting the signNow Google extension is a great handy choice with a lot of advantages.
How to eSign an attachment in Gmail
If you're like most, you're used to downloading the email attachments you get, printing them out and after that signing them, isn't it? Well, we have now good news to suit your needs. Signing PDF files inside your inbox just got a lot easier. The signNow add-on for Gmail enables you to save time by importing data into new document without leaving your inbox. Do everything you need; put fillable fields and send signing links in clicks.
How you can save time by importing data into new document in Gmail:
- Get signNow for Gmail in the G Suite Marketplace and then click Install.
- Sign in to the signNow account or create a new one.
- Open up your email with the PDF you need to sign.
- Click on Upload if you want to save the PDF to your signNow profile.
- Click Open document to start the editor.
- Sign the PDF file taking advantage of My Signature.
- Send out a signing links for the other customers using the Send to Sign option.
- Enter their email address and press OK.
As a result, other members will get notifications telling them to eSign the document. No requirement to download the attachment time and time again, just save time by importing data into new document in a few clicks. This add-one is perfect for users who prefer working on more valuable goals rather than wasting time for practically nothing. Boost your day-to-day compulsory labour with the award-winning eSignature application.
How to sign a PDF file on the go without an app
For most service, getting offers done on the go means setting up an app on your smartphone. We're delighted to say at signNow we've produced singing on the go quicker and simpler by reducing the need for a mobile application. To eSign, start your browser (any mobile browser) and take direct access to signNow and all of its highly-effective eSignature features. Change docs, save time by importing data into new document and much more. No installation or extra software needed. Close your offer from just about anywhere.
Check out our brief guide that show you how you can save time by importing data into new document.
- Start your browser and go to signnow.com.
- Log in or create a new account.
- Add or open the document you want to edit.
- Add more fillable fields for text, eSignature and date.
- Draw, type or upload your eSignature.
- Simply click Save and Close.
- Just click Invite to Sign and enter in a recipient's email if you require others to sign the PDF.
Working on documents with mobile is no different than with a computer: create a reusable template, save time by importing data into new document and deal with the flow as you would typically. In a few clicks, receive an enforceable commitment that you can download to your device and send to other people. However, if you want a software, download the signNow mobile app. It's comfortable, fast and has an incredible interface. Experience seamless eSignature workflows from your workplace, in a taxi or on a plane.
How to sign a PDF using an iPad
iOS is an extremely well-liked operating system loaded with native tools. It enables you to eSign and change PDFs utilizing Preview without any extra application. Even so, as wonderful as Apple's option is, it doesn't provide any automation. Enhance your iPhone's functionality by taking advantage of the signNow iPhone app. Use your iPhone or iPad to save time by importing data into new document and a lot more. Bring in eSignature automation to your mobile workflow.
Signing by using an iPhone has never ever been easier:
- Select the signNow app from the AppStore and install it.
- Make a new account or log in along with your Facebook or Google.
- Click on Plus and upload the PDF file you would like to sign.
- Click on the PDF where you want to place your signature.
- Check out other features: put fillable fields or save time by importing data into new document.
- Click on Save option to apply the modifications.
- Send your documents via email or a singing link.
Create a professional PDFs right from your signNow iPhone app. Get the best from your efforts and job from anyplace; in your own home, in your office, on a bus or airplane, as well as at the beach. Manage a whole document process easily: generate reusable templates, save time by importing data into new document and work on PDFs with partners. Turn your device into a powerful company for closing offers.
How to eSign a PDF taking advantage of an Android
For Android users to deal with PDF files from their smartphone, they should set up additional software program. The Play Market is large and plump with choices, so finding an excellent software isn't too hard for those who have time and energy to search through a huge selection of software. To save lots of time as well as prevent disappointment, we advise signNow for Android. Save and modify documents, create signing roles, and also save time by importing data into new document.
The 9 simple actions to improving your mobile workflow:
- Open up the application.
- Log in with your Facebook or Google profiles or register if you haven't authorized yet.
- Click on + to upload a new document with your camera, internal or cloud storages.
- Tap anywhere in your PDF and put in your eSignature.
- Just click OK to agree and eSign.
- Experience far more modifying features; put pictures, save time by importing data into new document, design a reusable template, and many others.
- Just click Save to apply alterations after you finish.
- Download the PDf file or send it using mail.
- Use the Invite to sign feature in order to set And send a signing link to recipients.
Turn the mundane and routine into simple and smooth using the signNow application for smartphone. eSign and share templates for signature from any place you're connected to the internet. Build good-looking PDFs and save time by importing data into new document with a few clicks. Assembled a perfect eSignature process with just your mobile phone and boost your total productiveness.
Get legally-binding signatures now!
FAQs importing document contract
What is a fillable field?Fillable fields are boxes to which your signers can add their data. signNow allows you to use text fields, signature fields, date/time fields, calculated fields, initials fields, checkbox fields, radio button groups, dropdown fields, and attachment request fields. To add them to a document, select the type of field you need from the left-hand toolbar in the editor and drop it anywhere on your document.
What is a field label?Labels are best explained as field names or instructions for what should be added to a field (e.g., Last Name, State, Phone Number, etc.). With signNow, your signers can auto-fill identically labeled fields with one click throughout an entire document. Labels are available for text fields, date/time fields, and dropdown fields.
What is pre-filled text?With signNow, you can prefill documents with information you already know. For example, if you know your signer’s name, you can add it as pre-filled text to the corresponding field in a document. As a result, your signer won’t have to complete this field but will be able to edit the information inside if needed. You can customize pre-filled text for text fields, date/time fields, checkbox fields, radio button groups, and dropdown fields.
How do I add a fillable field to a document?Open your document in the signNow editor and select the fillable field you need from the toolbar on the left. Then, click anywhere on the document to place the field. You can adjust its size and placement as needed. When finished, click OK.
What is a signing role?A signing role is essentially your signer’s profile. You can assign a signing role to any person whose signature you require by entering their email address when sending out your signing invites. Distributing signing roles for each document allows you to set up a proper signing order and create multiple consecutive signing steps.
What is a Smart Field?Smart Fields allow users to import data from external data sources like spreadsheets, internal company databases, or CRMs, to signNow documents. Smart fields work in tandem with the Bulk Invite and Signing Link features. Bulk Invite sends copies of a document to multiple recipients and auto-fills them with information from a CSV. When using smart fields in a document shared via a signing link, the required values have to be added to the link’s URL.
Can signNow automatically insert fillable fields in my documents?The signNow Wizard can detect the appropriate places for fillable fields in your documents based on specific text indicators. To search a document for these places and insert fillable fields, open it in the editor, click Settings in the top panel, and select Magic Fields. In a new popup window, you will see if any fields can be automatically added to the document.
How do I invite signers?Upload a document to signNow and open it in the editor. Select Signature Field in the left-hand sidebar and click anywhere on the document to place a signature field. Then, click Invite to Sign in the top right corner of the screen, enter the recipient’s email address, and hit Send Invite.