Use HIPAA Electronic Signature
How to ensure HIPAA-compliant eSigning with signNow
signNow employs certified encryption protocols that guarantee safe storage and the transmission of sensitive medical information. Enable HIPAA compliance for your organization by entering into a Business Associate Agreement with signNow.
What is HIPAA?
HIPAA stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (1996). According to this law, any organization that stores and/or processes medical information and private patient data must ensure the protection of this information by establishing strict security measures. Failure to comply with HIPAA may result in civil or even criminal responsibility.
How does signNow maintain HIPAA compliance?
signNow ensures client confidentiality and security by maintaining full compliance with HIPAA. Thus, users can be sure that all medical documents stored, edited, transmitted, completed, and eSigned using signNow are protected from unauthorized access.
signNow key security measures
- signNow adds an extra layer of encryption to all medical records processed and stored online. signNow keeps this data on its servers and sends it using certified AES-256 bit encryption.
- signNow maintains a court-admissible audit trail of all your documents to ensure their authenticity and legal standing. This means that each document has a digital register of all actions and changes, including date/time of access, edits and copies made, signing status, downloads, etc.
- signNow ensures that documents are eSigned by authorized signers only and cannot be sent to anyone else.
How do I enable HIPAA compliance for my signNow account?
HIPAA-compliant eSigning starts once your organization enters into a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) with signNow. This guarantees that the documents your company sends for signing will be exclusively accessible to the parties of the eSigning process.
Please note that HIPAA compliance is disabled by default for your signNow account. To enable it, please contact signNow support to sign a BAA.
See signNow eSignatures in action
Choose a better solution
Take routine paperwork off your plate with signNow
Online signature solution
Fillable template maker
Ability to use hipaa electronic signature
Our user reviews speak for themselves
signNow solutions for better efficiency
Why choose signNow
- Free 7-day trial. Choose the plan you need and try it risk-free.
- Honest pricing for full-featured plans. signNow offers subscription plans with no overages or hidden fees at renewal.
- Enterprise-grade security. signNow helps you comply with global security standards.
Protect your documents with multi-level security using the use hipaa electronic signature feature
While cybercriminals are looking for ways to steal someone's personal data, signNow protects your sensitive info and records according to all global security standards: HIPAA, GDPR and CCPA etc. Send, fill out and store contracts and agreements, and so on, knowing that our service provides an extra layer of protection. Take a new approach to how you work on PDFs online.
Utilize the use hipaa electronic signature tool and other features to adjust safety measures according to your organization's requirements. Limit access to records and easily monitor all changes in workflows. To take advantage of a secure and reliable solution, check out the guide below.
How to encrypt your documents and use hipaa electronic signature in signNow
- Log in to your signNow account or create a new one starting a free trial.
- Upload a PDF by clicking Upload Documents and selecting a file from your device.
- Edit the form by adding fillable fields for any information that you or your recipients need to insert.
- Write your personal data and insert your photo if required.
- When you are ready, click Invite to Sign and specify the recipient's email address.
- Configure a Signing Order if you have more than one recipients.
- Set up additional authentication via a password, SMS or call.
- After the PDF is signed, you can check the Document History to determine the signer's email and IP address.
- Download the record or keep it in signNow’s secure cloud storage.
Despite additional protection layers and the use hipaa electronic signature feature, signNow is still really easy-to-use and provides users with a smooth and comprehensive eSignature workflow. In a few minutes, you can find the file you need, edit it, and send it to a bunch of people hassle-free. Stay in the loop and monitor the status of form or contract. The service can expand your smartphone's capabilities with its mobile application, suitable for both iOS and Android. Moreover, it’s just as safe to run your business using the app as it is on our website. Check out all the benefits of our eSignature solution now.
How it works
Rate hipaa compliant esignature
See exceptional results hipaa electronic signature
How to fill in and eSign a PDF online
Enjoy the fastest approach to use hipaa electronic signature. Stay away from paper-based workflows and control documents from signNow. Edit and send your PDFs from your workplace or seamlessly while on the go. No installation or extra application needed. All features are available online, go to signnow.com and make your personal eSignature flow.
A short guide concerning how to use hipaa electronic signature within minutes
- Make a signNow account (in the event you haven't registered yet) or sign in using your Google or Facebook.
- Click on Upload and choose your documents.
- Use the My Signature instrument to create your signature.
- Modify the template into a powerful PDF with fillable fields.
- Complete your form and click on Done.
Once finished, share an invite to sign to a number of recipients. Have an enforceable commitment within a few minutes using any gadget. Discover far more tools for making impressive PDFs; put fillable fields use hipaa electronic signature and work together in groups. The eSignature service offers a safe process and operates in accordance with SOC 2 Type II Certification. Ensure that your information are guarded and therefore no person can edit them.
How to eSign a PDF in Google Chrome
Are you looking for a solution to use hipaa electronic signature directly from Chrome? The signNow extension for Google is here to help. Find a document and right from your internet browser easily open it in the editor. Put fillable fields for text and signature. eSign the PDF template and send it securely based on GDPR, SOC 2 Type II Certification and more.
Using this quick how-to guide under, expand your eSignature workflow into Google and use hipaa electronic signature:
- Visit the Chrome web store and find the signNow extension.
- Simply click Add to Chrome.
- Log in to the account or register a new one.
- Add a document and click on Open in signNow.
- Adjust the PDF.
- eSign the PDF using the My Signature instrument.
- Just click Done to save your edits.
- Bring other individuals to sign by simply clicking Invite to Sign and picking their email addresses/names.
Make a signature that's built in to your workflow to use hipaa electronic signature and receive PDFs eSigned within minutes. Forget the piles of paper reports located on your workplace and begin saving money and time for more important tasks. Selecting the signNow Google extension is a great handy option with many different advantages.
How to eSign an attachment in Gmail
If you're like most, you're used to downloading the email attachments you get, printing them out then signing them, correct? Well, we have now great news for you. Putting your signature on PDFs in your inbox just got a lot easier. The signNow add-on for Gmail enables you to use hipaa electronic signature without leaving your inbox. Do everything you need; add more fillable fields and send out signing links in a few clicks.
How you can use hipaa electronic signature in Gmail:
- Choose signNow for Gmail in the G Suite Marketplace and click Install.
- Sign in to the signNow account or create a new one.
- Open up your inbox with the PDF file you want to eSign.
- Click on Upload to save the PDF file to your signNow account.
- Just click Open document to open up the editor.
- Sign the PDF taking advantage of My Signature.
- Send out a signing links for the other participants with the Send to Sign button.
- Enter their email address and tap OK.
As a result, other participants will receive notifications telling them to eSign the PDF. No need to download the PDF file over and over again, just use hipaa electronic signature in a couple of clicks. This add-one is perfect for entrepreneur who prefer working on more essential tasks as an alternative to burning up time for nothing. Improve your daily monotonous tasks with the award-winning eSignature platform.
How to eSign a PDF file on the go without an mobile app
For a lot of solutions, getting offers done on the go means installing an app on the smartphone. We're delighted to say at signNow we've created singing on the go quicker and much easier by reducing the necessity for a mobile application. To eSign, open up your browser (any mobile browser) and take direct access to signNow and all of its highly-effective eSignature tools. Change docs, use hipaa electronic signature and more. No installation or additional software needed. Close your contracts from anywhere.
Check out our step-by-step recommendations that show you the way to use hipaa electronic signature.
- Open your mobile browser and visit signnow.com.
- Sign in or create a new account.
- Add or open the PDF file you would like to edit.
- Put fillable fields for text, eSignature and date/time.
- Draw, type or upload your eSignature.
- Click Save and Close.
- Just click Invite to Sign and put in a recipient's electronic address if you want others to eSign the PDF file.
Working on documents with smartphone is no different than on a computer: build a reusable template, use hipaa electronic signature and deal with the documentation as you would normally. In a few clicks, receive an enforceable agreement that you can download to the device and send to others. Yet, if you really want a software, download the signNow app. It's comfortable, quick and has a great design. Experience effortless eSignature workflows from your workplace, in a taxi or on a plane.
How to sign a PDF file having an iPad
iOS is a very popular operating system loaded with native instruments. It lets you eSign and modify PDFs using Preview with no extra software program. However, as excellent as Apple's feature is, it doesn't provide any automation. Enhance your iPhone's capabilities by benefiting from the signNow app. Utilize your iPhone or iPad to use hipaa electronic signature and more. Introduce eSignature automation for your mobile processes.
Inserting your signature with an iPhone has never been so easy:
- Find the signNow application in the AppStore and install it.
- Create a new profile or sign in with your Facebook or Google.
- Just click Plus and add the document you want to eSign.
- Click on the PDF file where you need to insert your signature.
- Explore other features: add fillable fields or use hipaa electronic signature.
- Click on Save button to make the modifications.
- Send your PDFs via email or using a singing link.
Come up with a professional PDFs straight from your signNow app. Get the most from your efforts and work from anywhere; in your own home, the workplace, on a bus or plane, and even at the beach. Manage a complete document workflow effortlessly: build reusable templates, use hipaa electronic signature and work on PDF files with partners. Turn your device into a highly effective organization tool for executing contracts.
How to sign a PDF file Android
For Android users to manage contracts from the device, they should install extra application. The Play Market is substantial and plump with alternatives, so finding an effective application isn't too hard if you have time to look through a huge selection of apps. To save time as well as prevent aggravation, we advise signNow for Android. Save and modify documents, make signing roles, as well as use hipaa electronic signature.
The 9 simple steps to improving your mobile workflow:
- Open up the app.
- Sign in using your Facebook or Google accounts or create a new if you haven't signed up already.
- Select + to add your record with your camera, internal or cloud storages.
- Touch anyplace on your PDF and insert your eSignature.
- Click on OK to agree and sign.
- Try out far more modifying functions; include graphics, use hipaa electronic signature, design a reusable template, and many others.
- Click Save to apply alterations as soon as you complete.
- Download the PDF or send it via email.
- Make use of the Invite to sign function if you wish to set And send out a signing order to recipients.
Change the mundane and monotonous work into easy and smooth together with the signNow mobile app for smartphone. eSign and send documents for signature from any place you're connected to the internet. Build professional-looking PDFs and use hipaa electronic signature with couple of clicks. Created a perfect eSignature process with just your mobile phone and enhance your overall productiveness.
Get legally-binding signatures now!
FAQs online signature
Is signNow HIPAA compliant?Yes, signNow ensures industry-leading encryption and security measures for medical data transmission and safekeeping. To enable HIPAA compliance for your organization, you’ll need to sign a Business Associate Agreement with signNow.
How do I enable HIPAA compliance for my signNow account?Please contact the signNow support team via this link https://www.signnow.com/contact to sign a Business Associate Agreement. Once done, your medical records and patient data will be protected from unauthorized breaches or tampering. You will be able to collect signatures for medical documents in full compliance with HIPAA provisions.
Why do I have to sign a BAA with signNow for HIPAA-compliant eSigning?Digital compliance under HIPAA starts once a medical organization enters into a Business Associate Agreement with a software provider. This guarantees that all documents the company processes and stores online are accessible only to the two parties of the eSigning process.
Who should use HIPAA-compliant electronic signatures?Any organization that stores or processes medical information and private patient data must ensure a HIPAA-compliant eSignature process. Such organizations include clinics, hospitals, medical labs, pharmacies, health insurance providers, and so on.
What kind of health information is protected by HIPAA?The criteria of HIPAA protection may include patients’ demographic and personal data, details about their medical insurance, information concerning diseases and their treatment, lab test results, etc.
What is a BAA?BAA stands for Business Associate Agreement that is signed by the subjects of HIPAA protection. In relation to hospitals, pharmacies, and labs, examples of business associates include lawyers, accountants, auditors, software providers, cloud storage services, etc. Once a BAA is signed, both parties are expected to operate in compliance with HIPAA and the agreement’s provisions.
Is an eSigned document legally binding?Yes, eSignatures are legally binding in the USA, more than thirty countries of Europe, and many other regions worldwide. signNow allows you to create a unique electronic signature and safely apply it to documents in one click without the hassles of printing, scanning, or mailing.
How do I add my eSignature to a PDF document?With signNow, you can eSign documents in PDF and other formats from both desktop and mobile devices. Create an account in signNow, upload your document, and open it in the editor. Then, select My Signature in the sidebar on the left and click on the document where you need to sign. Finally, choose your signature method and click Sign. Your eSignature will appear on the document. You can then save, download, print, or email it according to your needs.
How do I send a document to someone to sign?Upload a document to your signNow account and click Invite to Sign. You can also send a document for signing as a freeform (without fillable fields) or share it via a signing link.
Do signers need a signNow account to sign my documents?No, recipients can sign your document on both desktop and mobile devices without having to register with signNow.