Can I make a template in signNow?
Of course you can! Unlimited templates is one of the basic signNow features available in all plans and the free trial. You can create templates in order to make your most common documents reusable as well as take advantage of other features that work with templates.
How do I create a template?
To create a template, select a document from your account or upload one by using the Upload Documents button on the top. Then, click More and select Make Template from the dropdown menu. You’ll find the newly created template in the Templates folder.
How do I customize templates?
Customize your most frequently-used templates by adding fillable fields. In the editor, pick the fields from the left-hand menu and drop them on the document in order to collect different types of content:
You can also ask recipients to choose from several options by using checkboxes, radio buttons, and dropdowns. If you need any calculations to be done during completion, add calculated fields.
The fields also have different settings to make completion easier:
- make a field required or not
- add labels and pre-filled text
- set a characters limit
- preset text formatting
- set data validation
- set date format
You can also assign roles to different fields depending on who has to complete certain information. To create several roles, click on the field and then on the Role section. Click Add Role and name it. Add as many roles as you need and select the respective role for each field from the dropdown.
What features can I use with templates?
Templates also give you the opportunity to make use of features such as:
- Generating and posting signing links. You can generate a signing link from a document as well, but in this case, you won’t be able to collect data and signatures from multiple people. Templates allow you to post, for example, survey links on the web and receive completed forms at any time without doing any extra actions.
- Sending documents in bulk. When you need to collect multiple similar forms, this feature comes in handy. Prepare a template with at least one role, click more, and choose Bulk Invite. If you have several recipients, you can enter their emails manually or upload a CSV if it’s a rather big list. Each of your signers will receive a separate copy of the form so there’s no way signers can see each other’s information. Once each signer completes the form, you will receive an email with the completed PDF attached.
- Collecting in-person signatures with Kiosk Mode. You can use your smartphone or tablet as a terminal to collect signatures in the field. Create a template in advance and ask people to complete it from your device right at an event. Every completed copy will be saved as a separate document.