How to insert a signature in a Word document
What is an eSignature?
- The signer eSigns to show his/her agreement to the content in the document.
- The signer agrees to work in a digital workflow.
- The eSignature is stored for some time and can be referenced by others.
- The signature is associated with a record.
It’s also important to differentiate between an electronic and digital signature, as they are often mixed up. A digital signature is a type of eSignature that has a unique feature or fingerprint and aims to secure the signed document. Digital signatures require both the signer and the party requesting the signature be identified. While both electronic and digital signatures are capable of identifying a signer, digital ones are more focussed on security.
What is the value of using an eSignature?
Imagine your working schedule is 9 am — 6 pm. If your customers work the same hours, when are they going to be able to visit you for signatures? Quite frankly, you risk being replaced by a competitor, who’s office is closer to your customers. The only solution without helpful tools is to work outside your customers’ working hours. But please. We all know that doing that is almost impossible and if it is possible, uncomfortable for you and your staff. However, a better solution is to demonstrate care and allow customers to save their time and sign documents when and how it’s most comfortable for them. Believe us, it’s not coming to your office earlier or later.
Here is how you can benefit from using eSignature tools:
- Streamlined and accelerated workflow.
- Enhanced security.
How to add a signature to Word?
Here’s how to add an electronic signature to a Word file:
- Write your signature on a piece of paper.
- Take a picture or scan your handwritten signature as a .bmp, .gif, .png, or .jpg.
- In Word, select Insert ->Pictures.
- Click on the image to edit it via Picture Tools Format and save it.
- To add the signature, choose Insert ->Pictures and select your file.
Here’s how you can add a digital signature to a Word file:
- Place your cursor where you need to sign the document.
- Choose Insert -> Text and open signature line.
- Click on Microsoft Office Signature Line.
- In the Signature Set-up dialogue box, insert the requested data, and click OK.
- Right-click the signature name and insert your name.
What are the other ways to add a signature to a Word document?
Here are a few of these features:
- Advanced security.
- Simple signing procedure.
- Multiple ways to send a document for signing.
- Opportunity to send a link to the document.
- Options to eSign.
The eSigning tools we’re talking about are usually part of workflow automation software. If you intend to eSign documents on a regular basis, consider using a software or an app.
How to add a signature to a Word Document with signNow?
Follow the step-by-step instructions to sign a Word file with signNow:
- Open signNow.
- Upload your Word file.
- Add a field with the editor.
- Add signers.
- Create a signing order.
- Share the document for signing.
This eSignature tool lets you choose the way to eSign. Type in, draw or upload an image of your signature. signNow is available on any device. eSign anywhere, including on the go.