Add Conditional Fields to the Document for eSignature
How to add conditional fields with signNow
If you want your fillable forms to look more professional while ensuring the consistency and accuracy of the completion process, consider setting up conditional fields. A conditional field becomes available for filling once another specified field (or fields) is completed (or left blank).
Let’s say you need a couple of text fields to appear in a form under the condition that one of your checkboxes is checked. Here’s how you do it with signNow.
Add fillable fields
Select the Checkbox Field in the left-hand toolbar and drop it on your document. Add as many checkbox fields as you need
Then, add text fields. Adjust their size and positioning to properly fit in the blanks.
Make fields conditional
Now you need to make sure that your text fields only become visible if your recipient checks the Yes checkbox.
Select the first text field, open the Advanced dropdown in the sidebar on the right, and check the Make this field conditional checkbox.
Choose the field that will trigger the condition. Open the upper dropdown in the Hide this field until section and select Choose by clicking. Click on the Yes checkbox that you added previously.
Finally, select the condition for the chosen field. In our case, we need the Yes checkbox checked to trigger the condition. Select the corresponding option from the lower dropdown and click Ok to finish. Repeat the same process for the second text field.
Now, when a recipient gets your eSignature invite, they will not see the given text fields until they fulfill the predefined condition — which is checking the Yes checkbox.
See signNow eSignatures in action
Choose a better solution
Take routine paperwork off your plate with signNow
Online signature solution
Fillable template maker
Ability to add conditional fields to the document
Our user reviews speak for themselves
signNow solutions for better efficiency
Why choose signNow
- Free 7-day trial. Choose the plan you need and try it risk-free.
- Honest pricing for full-featured plans. signNow offers subscription plans with no overages or hidden fees at renewal.
- Enterprise-grade security. signNow helps you comply with global security standards.
Go beyond eSignature with add conditional fields to the document functionality
When preparing a form, you can place fields (fillable areas) to let signers insert their data. signNow provides an assortment of useful fillable fields for creating professional documents: Text, Date/Time, Signature, Initials, Checkbox, Dropdown and Calculated, Attachment Request, etc. Not only can you make it convenient to build dynamic signable PDFs, but you can also add a unique add conditional fields to the document feature to those fields to get complex data, making it easier to fill out your forms. This tool helps keep you accurate and efficient, and secure.
How to use signNow’s advanced feature - add conditional fields to the document:
- Log in to your signNow account or sign up for a free trial.
- Add a document or template and open it in the editor.
- Start adding recipients by clicking the Edit Signers button and assign roles.
- Click the field options (Signature, Text, Date, etc.) listed in the left Tools menu.
- Drag and drop the needed tool where you want it on the page(s).
- Set up Advanced Options.
- Set them as required, payment, or conditional (fields are visible if conditions are met).
- Assign the field to the respective role if you have several signers per one document.
- Check if you added a label in the Label box.
- Use Validation Type -> add Prefilled Text.
- Click Done when finished.
Get access to signNow’s add conditional fields to the document option to improve your document workflow and deliver a fantastic experience for signers. Our advanced tools help users like you build online fillable forms, send documents for approval, make them faster for recipients to complete, and securely store records. Try it anyplace, at any time!
How it works
Rate conditional fields pdf
See exceptional results conditional fields
How to complete and sign a document online
Check out the fastest method to add conditional fields to the document. Steer clear of paper-based workflows and manage contracts right from signNow. Complete and send your forms from the business office or effortlessly while on the go. No installment or extra software required. All benefits can be found online, go to signnow.com and configure your own eSignature flow.
A quick guide concerning how to add conditional fields to the document within minutes
- Register a signNow profile (in the event you haven't registered yet) or log in with your Google or Facebook.
- Just click Upload and choose one of the PDF files.
- Make use of the My Signature to insert your signature.
- Change the document into a dynamic PDF with fillable fields.
- Fill in your new contract and click on Done.
As soon as done, send an invite to sign to several people. Have an enforceable agreement within minutes employing any device. Discover much more tools for producing impressive PDFs; add fillable fields add conditional fields to the document and collaborate in teams. The eSignature service supplies a protected workflow and functions based on SOC 2 Type II Certification. Make sure that all your records are guarded and therefore no one can edit them.
How to eSign a PDF in Google Chrome
Are you searching for a solution to add conditional fields to the document from Chrome? The signNow extension for Google is here to help. Find a PDF file and right from the browser very easily open it up with the editor. Add more fillable fields for text and signature. Sign the PDF and send out it safely and securely based on GDPR, SOC 2 Type II Certification and more.
Applying this simple how-to guide listed below, boost up your eSignature process into Google and add conditional fields to the document:
- Check out the Chrome web store and select the signNow extension.
- Simply click Add to Chrome.
- Log in to your profile or create a new one.
- Upload a document and click Open in signNow.
- Modify the PDF file.
- Sign the PDF file using the My Signature feature.
- Click on Done to save the edits.
- Ask other participants to eSign by clicking Invite to Sign and choosing their emails/names.
Make a signature that's built in to the processes to add conditional fields to the document and have PDFs eSigned in minutes. Leave behind the piles of paper reports on your workplace and start saving money and time for extra significant activities. Selecting the signNow Google extension is a smart handy choice with a lot of benefits.
How to eSign an attachment in Gmail
If you're like the majority of, you're used to downloading the attachments you receive, printing them out and then signing them, right? Fine, we have now great news for you. Putting your signature on PDF files within your mailbox just got easier. The signNow add-on for Gmail enables you to add conditional fields to the document without leaving your mailbox. Do everything that you need; put fillable fields and send out signing links in a couple of clicks.
How you can add conditional fields to the document in Gmail:
- Find signNow for Gmail in the G Suite Marketplace and then click Install.
- Sign in to your signNow account or make a new one.
- Open your message with the PDF file you should eSign.
- Click Upload if you want to save the PDF file to the signNow profile.
- Click Open document to start the editor.
- Sign the PDF file using My Signature.
- Send out a signing request for the other participants using the Send to Sign button.
- Enter their email address and press OK.
As a result, the other clients will get message telling them to eSign the document. No need to download the attachment over and over again, just add conditional fields to the document in a few clicks. This add-one is suitable for entrepreneur who choose working on more valuable things as an alternative to wasting time for practically nothing. Boost your daily compulsory labour with the award-winning eSignature service.
How to eSign a PDF file on the go without an mobile app
For most solutions, getting deals accomplished on the go means the installation of the mobile app on your phone. We're very happy to say at signNow we've made singing on the go faster and simpler by eliminating the demand for a mobile app. To eSign, open your browser (any mobile browser) and take immediate access to signNow and all sorts of its powerful eSignature instruments. Modify docs, add conditional fields to the document and more. No installment or additional software required. Handle your contracts from anywhere.
Have a look at our brief recommendations that show you the best way to add conditional fields to the document.
- Start your internet browser and visit signnow.com.
- Sign in or create a new profile.
- Add or open up the PDF you need to change.
- Add more fillable fields for textual content, eSignature and date.
- Draw, type or upload your eSignature.
- Click Save and Close.
- Click Invite to Sign and enter a recipient's email if you need others to eSign the PDF.
Working on mobile is the same as on a laptop: create a reusable template, add conditional fields to the document and deal with the documentation as you would typically. In a few minutes, receive an enforceable deal that you can download to the device and share to other people. Yet, if you really want a software, download the signNow mobile app. It's secure, fast and has an excellent interface. Take advantage of in smooth eSignature workflows from your office, in a taxi or on a plane.
How to sign a PDF file employing an iPad
iOS is a very popular operating system packed with native instruments. It allows you to eSign and edit PDFs utilizing Preview with no extra application. Even so, as great as Apple's option is, it doesn't give any automation. Boost your iPhone's abilities by using the signNow iPhone app. Make use of your iPhone or iPad to add conditional fields to the document and a lot more. Introduce eSignature automation to the mobile workflow.
Signing on an iPhone has never been simpler:
- Get the signNow app from the AppStore and set it up.
- Make a new account or sign in along with your Facebook or Google.
- Click on Plus and upload the PDF you need to eSign.
- Tap in the PDF exactly where you wish to insert your signature.
- Explore other features: put fillable fields or add conditional fields to the document.
- Utilize the Save option to apply the modifications.
- Send out your PDFs via email or a singing link.
Make a professional PDFs right from your signNow app. Get the most from your efforts and work from anywhere; in your house, the workplace, on a bus or airplane, as well as at the beach. Deal with a full document workflow easily: create reusable templates, add conditional fields to the document and work on PDFs with partners. Turn your device into a potent organization for closing offers.
How to eSign a PDF file using an Android
For Android users to manage documents from the phone, they have to install additional software. The Play Market is large and plump with choices, so choosing an effective software isn't too difficult in case you have a chance to search through hundreds of programs. To save your time and avoid frustration, we recommend signNow for Android. Save and change documents, make signing roles, and even add conditional fields to the document.
The 9 simple actions to amplifying your mobile workflow:
- Open the mobile app.
- Log in with your Facebook or Google accounts or create a new if you haven't signed up yet.
- Simply click + to add your document using your camera, internal or cloud storages.
- Tap just about anywhere on the PDF file and insert your eSignature.
- Just click OK to agree and eSign.
- Try a lot more enhancing functions; put graphics, add conditional fields to the document, design a reusable template, etc.
- Just click Save to make alterations when you finish.
- Download the PDf file or share it via mail.
- Use the Invite to sign function if you wish to establish & send out a signing link to recipients.
Transform the mundane and routine into easy and smooth using the signNow app for smartphone. eSign and send documents for signature from anywhere you're connected to the internet. Generate professional-looking PDFs and add conditional fields to the document with a few clicks. Put together a perfect eSignature process using only your smartphone and boost your total productivity.
Get legally-binding signatures now!
FAQs online signature
What is a conditional field?A conditional field is a fillable field of any type that becomes available for filling out only after a predefined condition has been met (e.g., if another field is completed or a specific value is added to it).
How do I set up fields so that the recipient doesn’t have to re-type their answers?signNow will autofill uniform fields in your documents as long as their field labels match. So, if you have multiple fields that require the recipient’s full name, make sure that all these fields are labeled as Full Name. The recipient will have to type their name once, and the rest of the fields will be filled automatically. Autofill works for signature and date fields by default.
What is a field label?Labels are best explained as field names or instructions for what should be added to a field (e.g., Last Name, State, Phone Number, etc.). With signNow, your signers can auto-fill identically labeled fields with one click throughout an entire document. Labels are available for text fields, date/time fields, and dropdown fields.
What is pre-filled text?With signNow, you can prefill documents with information you already know. For example, if you know your signer’s name, you can add it as pre-filled text to the corresponding field in a document. As a result, your signer won’t have to complete this field but will be able to edit the information inside if needed. You can customize pre-filled text for text fields, date/time fields, checkbox fields, radio button groups, and dropdown fields.
What is a calculated field?Calculated fields allow you to automatically calculate values from text and dropdown fields based on pre-set formulas. Once a user fills out input fields, the calculated value will automatically populate the result field.
How do I make a field required?Add fillable fields to your document in the editor. Then, click on any field that you want to make required and check the Required box at the top of the right-hand sidebar. Repeat the same process for each field that needs to be made required.
Can I set validation parameters for my fields?Yes, you can. By setting validation parameters for each field, you ensure that your recipients enter data in the correct format, and thus minimize errors during the completion process. To set a validator, select the field you need in the editor and open the Validation Type dropdown in the right-hand sidebar. Select the validation option you are looking for and click Ok.
Can signNow automatically insert fillable fields in my documents?The signNow Wizard can detect the appropriate places for fillable fields in your documents based on specific text indicators. To search a document for these places and insert fillable fields, open it in the editor, click Settings in the top panel, and select Magic Fields. In a new popup window, you will see if any fields can be automatically added to the document.