Add Text to a PDF Document for Electronic Signature
How to add text to PDF documents with signNow
Need to complete a PDF form and send it to someone to sign? Using signNow is the quickest way to get the job done as you can add text to a PDF without having to convert it to an editable format.
Upload your PDF to signNow in seconds
In the signNow dashboard, hover over the Upload or Create button and select Upload Documents from the dropdown. Select a PDF stored on your hard drive and wait a moment for it to upload. Then, open your document in the editor by double-clicking it.
Start adding text to your PDF
Select Text in the toolbar on the left, click anywhere on your document and start typing.
Move and resize your text
Click on your text box and use the arrow cross icon to drag it across the page. Then, drop the text box where needed. Easily resize your text by dragging its edges (anchor points).
Once you are finished editing your document, click Invite to Sign in the top right corner to send your PDF for eSignature. Or simply save your changes by clicking Save and Close.
Back in the dashboard, you can download your edited PDF or send it via email.
See signNow eSignatures in action
Choose a better solution
Take routine paperwork off your plate with signNow
Online signature solution
Fillable form creator
Ability to add text
Our user reviews speak for themselves
signNow solutions for better efficiency
Why choose signNow
Free 7-day trial. Choose the plan you need and try it risk-free.
Honest pricing for full-featured plans. signNow offers subscription plans with no overages or hidden fees at renewal.
Enterprise-grade security. signNow helps you comply with global security standards.
Improve your PDF editing experience with the signNow add text feature
Portable Document Format becomes more important for business every day. We use it for storing documents and instructions, creating templates and infographics, signing contracts and agreements. Each company uses PDFs for document management. However, not everyone knows how to edit it. Over time, files lose their relevance and have to be modified. With signNow and its add text feature, you can easily update the data in your sample and get it approved in a couple of clicks instead of looking for a source file, editing it, and creating a new template.
How to get a signed record using the add text function in signNow:
- Create an account. You can use your Facebook or Google profiles to sign up or register with an email and a password.
- Upload documents. Find the appropriate button on your Homepage. Click it and choose a doc from your device.
- Make your PDF interactive. Insert fillable text or date fields, dropdowns attachments and eSignatures using the left toolbar's elements (upper half).
- Modify the sample. Use the tools from the left toolbar's elements (lower half) to add new text, insert a signature or a date.
- Apply changes. Double-check the template to ensure its correctness and select Save and Close.
- Collect signatures. Use the Invite to Sign button or Invite via Link. Choose the preferred method for your customers.
- Export the file. Click More > Download to save a sample to your device or E-mail a Copy to get it in your inbox.
signNow provides a new approach to working with PDFs. Get the ability to edit, sign, collect signatures, use the add text option to streamline your document processes, and work from any device, anywhere. See what it feels like to go completely paperless!
How it works
See exceptional results add pdf
How to complete and eSign a PDF online
Check out the fastest method to add text. Steer clear of paper-based workflows and deal with contracts right from signNow. Fill out and send your documents from the business office or easily work on-the-go. No installing or more application necessary. All features can be found online, just go to signnow.com and configure your personal eSignature process.
A brief guide on how to add text within a few minutes
- Make a signNow account (if you haven't signed up yet) or log in using your Google or Facebook.
- Simply click Upload and choose your PDFs.
- Use the My Signature tool to make your signature.
- Turn the sample into a powerful PDF with fillable fields.
- Fill out your new form and then click Done.
As soon as finished, send an invite to sign to a number of recipients. Get an enforceable agreement within minutes using any system. Discover a lot more tools for producing impressive PDFs; add more fillable fields add text and collaborate in groups. The eSignature service provides a protected workflow and functions based on SOC 2 Type II Certification. Ensure that your data are protected so no person can take them.
How to eSign a PDF template in Google Chrome
Searching for a solution to add text right from Chrome? The signNow extension for Google is here now to assist. Find a PDF template and right from the web browser very easily open it in the editor. Insert fillable fields for textual content and eSignature. Sign the PDF file and send out it safely based on GDPR, SOC 2 Type II Certification and more.
Using this short how-to guide below, broaden your eSignature process into Google and add text:
- Go to the Chrome web store and find the signNow extension.
- Just click Add to Chrome.
- Log in to the profile or create a new one.
- Upload a document and click on Open in signNow.
- Adjust the PDF.
- Sign the PDF file using the My Signature feature.
- Just click Done to save the edits.
- Ask other users to sign by simply clicking Invite to Sign and picking their email addresses/names.
Create a signature that's built in to your workflow to add text and have PDFs eSigned within minutes. Say goodbye to the piles of paper reports on your workplace and begin saving money and time for additional important activities. Picking out the signNow Google extension is an awesome convenient choice with lots of benefits.
How to sign an attachment in Gmail
If you're like most, you're used to downloading the attachments you receive, printing them out and after that signing them, correct? Fine, we certainly have fantastic news for you. Putting your signature on PDFs in your mailbox just became less complicated. The signNow add-on for Gmail enables you to add text without the need of leaving your inbox. Do everything that you need; add more fillable fields and send out signing links in a couple of clicks.
The best way to add text in Gmail:
- Get signNow for Gmail in the G Suite Marketplace and click on Install.
- Sign in to your signNow profile or make a new one.
- Open up your email with the PDF you need to eSign.
- Simply click Upload to save the PDF file to the signNow account.
- Click Open document to start the editor.
- Sign the PDF file using My Signature.
- Send a signing links to the other colleagues with the Send to Sign option.
- Put in their email and press OK.
As a result, all clients will receive message telling them to sign the document. No requirement to download the PDF file repeatedly, just add text in a couple of clicks. This add-one is perfect for those who like concentrating on more significant tasks instead of burning time for absolutely nothing. Increase your daily routine with the award-winning eSignature solution.
How to sign a PDF file on the go without an application
For most service, getting offers accomplished on the go means installing an application on the smartphone. We're happy to say at signNow we've made singing on the go more quickly and simpler by eliminating the need for an app. To eSign, open up your browser (any mobile browser) and take direct access to signNow and its effective eSignature features. Modify docs, add text and more. No set up or additional software required. Close your contracts from everywhere.
Have a look at our easy recommendations that teach you the way to add text.
- Start your browser and go to signnow.com.
- Log in or register a new profile.
- Add or open up the PDF you would like to edit.
- Insert fillable fields for textual content, eSignature and date.
- Draw, type or upload your eSignature.
- Click on Save and Close.
- Click on Invite to Sign and put in a recipient's email if you want others to sign the PDF.
Working on documents with smartphone is the same as with a desktop: build a reusable template, add text and handle the flow as you would normally. In a few clicks, receive an enforceable commitment that you can download to the internal storage and share to customers. But, if you want an application, download the signNow mobile app. It's comfortable, quick and has a great interface. Experience seamless eSignature workflows from the workplace, in a taxi or on an airplane.
How to sign a PDF file utilizing an iPhone
iOS is a very popular operating system packed with native tools. It lets you eSign and modify PDFs making use of Preview without having additional software program. However, as excellent as Apple's solution is, it doesn't supply any automation. Enhance your iPhone's capabilities by taking advantage of the signNow application. Utilize your iPhone or iPad to add text and much more. Introduce eSignature automation for your mobile workflow.
Inserting your signature with an iPhone has never been so easy:
- Select the signNow app in the AppStore and install it.
- Make a new account or log in with your Facebook or Google.
- Just click Plus and upload the PDF file you want to sign.
- Tap on the PDF where you need to put your signature.
- Check out other features: put fillable fields or add text.
- Utilize the Save button to apply the modifications.
- Send your documents through mail or using a singing link.
Take a professional PDFs right from your signNow iPhone app. Get the best from your efforts and work from anyplace; at home, work, on a bus or plane, and even at the beach. Manage a whole record process effortlessly: create reusable templates, add text and work on documents with partners. Transform your device right into a potent business instrument for executing deals.
How to eSign a PDF file using an Android
For Android users to manage PDF files from the mobile, they must install extra software program. The Play Market is huge and plump with options, so finding a great software isn't a challenge if you have time and energy to read through numerous software. To save time and protect against aggravation, we suggest signNow for Android. Store and edit documents, generate signing roles, as well as add text.
The 9 basic steps to enhancing your mobile workflow:
- Open up the application.
- Log in using your Facebook or Google profiles or register if you haven't authorized already.
- Click + to add a new record taking advantage of your camera, internal or cloud storages.
- Tap anywhere on your PDF and put in your eSignature.
- Click OK to confirm and eSign.
- Experience far more enhancing tools; add graphics, add text, create a reusable template, and so on.
- Just click Save to make changes when you finish.
- Download the PDF or share it using mail.
- Make use of the Invite to sign tool in order to set & send out a signing order to clients.
Change the mundane and monotonous work into simple and smooth with the signNow app for Android. Sign and share templates for signature from any place you're connected to the internet. Make professional-looking PDFs and add text with couple of clicks. Created a perfect eSignature process with just your mobile phone and boost your overall efficiency.
Get legally-binding signatures now!
Electronic Signature FAQs
Can I edit PDF documents with signNow?You can add text, signatures, initials, stamps, checkmarks, and the current date to your documents. Besides, it is possible to add various fillable fields, e.g., text fields, dropdowns, radio buttons, attachment fields, conditional fields, and more.
How do I create an electronic signature?When in the editor, click My Signature in the menu on the left and then click anywhere on the document. In the newly opened window, click Add New Signature. You can type your name, draw your signature using a mouse, touchpad, the sensor screen of your smartphone, or just upload an image of your signature. Once finished, hit Sign.
How do I sign a document online?Upload a document to your signNow account and open it in the editor by double-clicking on it. Then, select My Signature in the left-hand menu and click where you want the signature to appear in the document. Select your signature method and hit Sign.
How easy is it for signers to add an eSignature to the documents I send?All signers need to do is open an email from you and click the View Document button to proceed to the signNow editor. Then, they click on a signature field in your document, create their own electronic signature, and press Sign. Once the field is populated with an eSignature, signers click Done to submit the document.
How do I add a signature field to a document?Open your document in the signNow editor and select Signature Field from the sidebar on the left. Then, click anywhere on the document to place a signature field. You can adjust its size and placement as needed. When finished, click OK.
Can I send a document for signing to multiple signers at the same time?With signNow, you can send signature requests to several people at once. Open your document in the editor and select Edit Signers on the left. In a pop-up window, add as many signers as you need.
How do I invite signers?Upload a document to signNow and open it in the editor. Select Signature Field in the left-hand sidebar and click anywhere on the document to place a signature field. Then, click Invite to Sign in the top right corner of the screen, enter the recipient’s email address, and hit Send Invite.
Do signers need a signNow account to sign my documents?No, recipients can sign your document on both desktop and mobile devices without having to register with signNow.