Sign Documents Offline
How to offline sign?
With SignNow, you have the option to sign full documents while remaining offline on the mobile app. When using SignNow on mobile, users can upload, send, and sign unlimited documents while offline, which means never fearing bad internet connection in front of clients.
When you’re offline on SignNow, you can still sign, send and fill electronic documents whenever is convenient for you, however, those signed documents won’t be synced to the server until you have a wifi connection.
Follow our steps below on how to send, sign, and fill a document without an internet connection on mobile.
In this example, my wifi on my mobile device is turned off:
Uploading and sending a document:
- Upload your document
2. Invite users to sign the document, then click “Start Adding Fields”
3. Insert any necessary signature/text/date fields, then click the checkmark. Your document will then be saved.
4. After you invite your users to the document, the document will be saved and sent to the signers. However, the document will not be synced to the server until once your wifi connection returns. Once you have a wifi connection, your document will automatically be synced.
Signing a document:
If you don’t have an internet connection, you can still sign a document through SignNow’s mobile app.
- Open your document and sign the required fields in the document
2. Click the checkmark when you’re finished, and the document will be saved. After you reconnect to wifi, the signed document will sync to the server as signed, and your sender will be notified that you signed the document.
Offline mode and in-person e-signing
There are two key features which make e-signing with the help of software very different from the usual email-based workflow:
- The offline mode (working on the documents when there is no Internet)
- E-signing in person (Kiosk Mode in SignNow).
Offline mode on your mobile
Offline mode in SignNow mobile apps (available for both iOS and Android) will be useful for you in the situations of no Internet coverage. It is very much similar to the offline mode in Google Documents. You won't be able to send documents for e-signing or receive them e-signed, of course, as both these functions require Internet connection, but YOU CAN:
- Access all your Documents and Templates, including team ones;
- Upload new documents to your account, using your camera, for example (simply make a photo of the document you need)
- Add fields and text to any document/template
- Add new pages to the already available documents
- E-sign your own documents
And most importantly:
Once you are back online - all changes you've made during the offline time will be automatically synced in your account, no actions needed on your side!
Signing in person (Kiosk Mode)
E-signing in person, also known as Kiosk Mode or in-store e-signing, is used in the situations when both the document owner and the signer are physically present in one place and can use the same mobile device.
This is a perfect e-signing tool for those working in retail, insurance or those participating in exhibitions and trade fairs: you can discuss all the details in person and immediately e-sign all the documents on your tablet/phone.
Switching to Kiosk Mode is a one-click operation.
For security reasons, you will be asked to generate a four-digit pass code which is then entered twice - to launch and to exit the Kiosk Mode session. This is applied to make sure no third parties can intrude into the e-signing process (can be especially useful for crowdy exhibitions and busy retail stores).
Optional instructions are provided on the screen in case the signer is not yet familiarized with the e-signing procedures.
E-signing in Kiosk Mode is really easy - the signer just needs to draw a signature with the finger.
If the signer makes a mistake, there is always an option to erase the fields and restart all over again.
Important: Kiosk Mode works with templates only, not documents. This means you can use the same template multiple times with multiple signers during the same day, and you will get multiple signed copies.
Sign Documents Offline. Get maximum value from the most trustworthy and secure e-signature solution. Streamline your electronic transactions employing SignNow. Optimize workflows for everything from simple employee records to advanced contracts and sales templates.
Understand how to Sign Documents Offline:
- Import multiple documents from your device or cloud storage.
- Drag & drop advanced fillable fields (signature, text, date/time).
- Alter the fields sizing, by tapping it and choosing Adjust Size.
- Place dropdowns and checkboxes, and radio button groups.
- Add signers and request attachments.
- Sign Documents Offline.
- Include the formula where you require the field to generate.
- Use remarks and annotations for the signers anywhere on the page.
- Approve all adjustments by simply clicking DONE.
Link up people from outside and inside your organization to electronically work on essential documents and Sign Documents Offline anytime and on any system using SignNow. You may monitor every activity done to your documents, receive notifications an audit report. Stay focused on your business and consumer partnerships while understanding that your data is accurate and secure.